What's new

How good are the SSG's

Well all i have to say is, having seen how 111 brigade move. They have my personal and professional respect.

They are one of the best commandos of the world . There contribution is alot in Swat operation .

Many give their lifes for this motherland . but there shadat has paid off . Pak army successfully cleared Swat vaalley of monsters.

May Allah bless all the brave soldiers who has given there lifes for this mother land .
Salute to all of them.

Long Live :pakistan:

pagal ka bacha hai kia to tera ghar me attack how to tuhje patachala

well sorry mate but lal masjid operation was not like as if some people were taken hostages and a couple of bad guyz were ther on the contrary there were a couple of hundred guyz bunkered and with grenades that something was what was not in the favour of the ssg but they still managed to clear it and i feel ssg can be compared with any of the worlds best special forces

I dont know why you opened the thread. But anyways, think of it in this way. We train Saudi, most ME, Sri Lankan, even Chinese and others.
Saudis have been calling the SSG to take control of situiations, from siege of Makkah and Grand Masjid till the latest, 'revolutionist protests' in KSA.
SSGs took control of it all very firm. We were ranked in top 3, but somehow this time we didn't make the top 10 even (cause most of them were US's different sects).

sir with all due respect to SSG but they have had huge amounts of colletral damage in their missions for example the PAN AMERICAN airlines tragedy....or the 1965 air drop into india where they were all made POWs. however, no doubt that SSG are currently one of the elitest soldiers in pakistan and a symobl of pride for our nation!

Hello Ice Man. That was years ago. Things do change over time. With modern training and equipment, with modern weapons and expertise, we are a better force than '65.

@Last Hope... Neither has the rest of the world been sitting idle since 1965... Almost every special force around the world can claim they are better than they were in the past.

I wouldn't rate them to be among the elite in the world... However wouldn't count them out either... I would rate them above average among the world's special forces. However would love to see them in the top tier... and I agree equipment does make a difference in the outcome so maybe that is one of the factors why i rated them as such.

I have a question,
why we does not hit culprits in Afghanistan who are fighting against our home land ?

I don't know, the Lal masjid episode showed they weren't as good as i thought... dunno how the other famed spec op forces would have fared.

I think they may be better than the indians but not other world class forces

You can't always take failed missions as a indication, as special forces...they get the Hardest(sometimes impossible) missions. If they ALWAYS fail then something is wrong.

may be their sources of information is wrong...... also decision makers at times, overestimate the capabilities of their operatives.....

The SSG are definitly one of the best special forces in the world, After fighting the taliban for decades in homefront in hard condition such as the cold mountains and the harsh desert. Although its not very famous but thats only because they dont make movies and propaganda about them unlike the stupid western fucks.
However there weapons are truelly crappy, From what i know there main 5.52 rifles are M4 and FN2000 which are known to jam all the time and break in harsh conditions such as in pakistan and cannot be operated by naval forces because it will blast open immidiatly. Even the americans special forces themself dont use the M4 insted they use the the HK416. The Main 7.72 (G3) is also know to have the same problems as the M4. The Ak74 is oke however.

The SSG are definitly one of the best special forces in the world, After fighting the taliban for decades in homefront in hard condition such as the cold mountains and the harsh desert. Although its not very famous but thats only because they dont make movies and propaganda about them unlike the stupid western fucks.
However there weapons are truelly crappy, From what i know there main 5.52 rifles are M4 and FN2000 which are known to jam all the time and break in harsh conditions such as in pakistan and cannot be operated by naval forces because it will blast open immidiatly. Even the americans special forces themself dont use the M4 insted they use the the HK416. The Main 7.72 (G3) is also know to have the same problems as the M4. The Ak74 is oke however.

SSG uses variety of weapons as per the mission. AK-47s and latest version of Aks are being used and its a tested platform. Styer, M4s, M-16s with UBGL etc are all used as per the situation but Aks are the most favored due to its ruggedness and reliability.

But a change of assault weapon is due for the Pakistan Army, something which is good in cold conditions as well as the harsh conditions of the desert.

And HK-416 / 417 are the best options. 417 would be good as it will need only the infrastructure to make the gun be installed, ammo would remain the same and the magazines of G-3s are interchangeable with it.

If something else is better out there, we should think about it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom