What's new

How good are the SSG's

Spec-ops are humans too they might get hurt or killed as well. just cuz they are spec-ops doesn't mean they are " super power mutants". Besides Lal- Masjid was a stunt to show the west which musharraf played, to show that he's even to sacrifice his soldiers for western ideology. Those militants were trained by SSG and when they were hunted, 10 of them were chosen and dressed as SSG operators so the world could see it specially the WEST.

Lal Masjid was an unfortunate event but it was not a stunt, it was the outcome of an armed rebellion in the capital of Pakistan, surely no country worth its salt can just bend over to such rebellions...

What does your last statement imply, you mean the SSG casualties were not real?

Can you please also show us the video with those heavily armed Terrorists. Media had no clue what is going on only PTV was allowed during the time of operation. Rest of the media went inside When our brave heroes had cleaned every thing and all the bodies were buried.

It would be good if you move on from this self-denial. Das banday shaheed kiyay thai hamarai in logon nay masjid kay under say fire karkay.

Apologists like yourselves should be asking why these people had firearms inside of a masjid and madrassa.

Had Saudis been there instead of Musharraf, they would have taken the tanks through the walls of the school and masjid and razed it to the ground for the fitna that these people were creating.

How about bringing a list of all those who had died? Lets see if the numbers tally over 100. All other claims should be verified. So how come nobody is stepping forward to lay the claims that the Army killed so many more?

Our brave heroes died to do what they were ordered to do. Others created a fitna just because they wanted to be self-appointed khalifas.

At least be just in your judgment instead of faulting the Army and the government for all that went on over there.

Last edited:
SSG is the Best in all over the world because few boys of the group got back my village from alot of Taliban. which was their successful operation.

SSG is the Best.
It is a good force not poltcians.

what the total strength of ssg in pakistan armforces combining, around 10,000 strong

Total strenght of SSG and other special forces like SSW,SSNG etc are classified.
Not even the SSG operatives themselves know the exact strength.

So how do you exactly get into the Special Service Group of Pakistan, are you selected?

So how do you exactly get into the Special Service Group of Pakistan, are you selected?

SSG conducts tests in different sections of the Army which includes physical tests , aptitude tests and much more most of the guys are selected on physical and mental strengths.

Then they move to SSG Training facility at Chirat where they go though further filtering and basic air borne training , some of them are dropped and others continue for i think 2 years in training including International exercises.

SSG is the most Highly trained and motivated Branch of Pakistan Army & they have a history of successful operations at Home and on foreign soil.

* A special squad is responsible for the Protection of Saudi Royal Family.

Distinction

IMPOV the SSG is the only special force on the planet which trains with US, European , Chinese , African special forces altogether & SSG has benefited from these diverse experiences to develop different tactics.

This video contains footage of Training with US Special forces.

regards:

Last edited by a moderator:
At Balin2

Are you aware of any training being done with Australian special forces ??

They have one hell of a desert survival training even US marines gave up on this one. :D

I think the question-" How good it is" should not be raised. Most of the countries try to provide best training for their special forces. I am sure SSG is no less than special forces of US, UK etc. But success of a special force unit in real life situation depends on the situation itself and adaptibility of the force in it and specially the innovative capabilities of the commanders while planning for a particular operation. Hardest survival training and sophisticate weapons do not gurantee success. And it is true for all special forces in the world.But these factors which I mentioned as crucial can not be guessed beforehand.

However, I think in terms of equipments (other than guns) and technical support special forces in Pakistan and India are behind their Western counterparts.

Last evening I was playing games with my cousines- IGI-2. I think, if our special forces too carry thermal vision equipments, if they also get constant satellite images of enemy troops, they will do their job successfully with less casualties.

At Balin2

Are you aware of any training being done with Australian special forces ??

They have one hell of a desert survival training even US marines gave up on this one. :D

Do not recall a specific one with the Australian SAS, but with the SAS and USSF, this has gone on fairly regularly.

As far as desert survival training is concerned, the one that is conducted in Pakistan is fairly tough. Without hurting anyone's sentiments, all I would say is when we have conducted desert survival training for our visiting friends, the exercises in the desert are massively scaled back. In one case, the visitors simply told the SSG officers that they did not want to carry on. In all fairness, they probably had no idea how hot it can get in Sibi during summer and local diet can get the best of us sick sometimes. The local watermelons did not help either...many of the visitors got sick trying to live off the land during the ex.

Do not recall a specific one with the Australian SAS, but with the SAS and USSF, this has gone on fairly regularly.

As far as desert survival training is concerned, the one that is conducted in Pakistan is fairly tough. Without hurting anyone's sentiments, all I would say is when we have conducted desert survival training for our visiting friends, the exercises in the desert are massively scaled back. In one case, the visitors simply told the SSG officers that they did not want to carry on. In all fairness, they probably had no idea how hot it can get in Sibi during summer and local diet can get the best of us sick sometimes. The local watermelons did not help either...many of the visitors got sick trying to live off the land during the ex.

PA officers are in Aus for training - there was a article posted in the not so recent past - no specific excercises planned so far.

PA officers are in Aus for training - there was a article posted in the not so recent past - no specific excercises planned so far.

SSG or PA? I was commenting that as far as I know, its not specifically an exercise between the SSG and Australian SAS. I do recall Australians offering up their training facilities for the CoIN training. Was there more to it?

I don't know, the Lal masjid episode showed they weren't as good as i thought... dunno how the other famed spec op forces would have fared.

I think they may be better than the indians but not other world class forces

I totally agree with you
secondly their security was so laxed that some suicide bombers were able to slip into their base with or without the help of some traitors and cause further losses
re Lal masjid all I can say is the state showed a lot of restraint

compare it what the Muslim empires did to the rebels specially during 70s
(1979) how did the Saudis deal with the Kharjis in Mecca. none was left alive!!!
here we have the same Burka Mullah hate preaching again who says that Pakistani Soldiers killed fighting the taliban dont deserve the Ilsmic burial. the cheek of that hypocrite is shocking

a mix of bad luck, restraint lack of training contributed to the deaths

the SSG colonel Haroon Islam was shot in the back by the sinper from the Mosque Minaret which was supposed to have been cleared but there was a secret access from the madrassah to that minaret, an under ground tunnel that the fanatics used and mortally wounded the colonel.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you
secondly their security was so laxed that some suicide bombers were able to slip into their base with or without the help of some traitors and cause further losses
re Lal masjid all I can say is the state showed a lot of restraint

compare it what the Muslim empires did to the rebels specially during 70s
(1979) how did the Saudis deal with the Kharjis in Mecca. none was left alive!!!
here we have the same Burka Mullah hate preaching again who says that Pakistani Soldiers killed fighting the taliban dont deserve the Ilsmic burial. the cheek of that hypocrite is shocking

a mix of bad luck, restraint lack of training contributed to the deaths

the SSG colonel Haroon Islam was shot in the back by the sinper from the Mosque Minaret which was supposed to have been cleared but there was a secret access from the madrassah to that minaret, an under ground tunnel that the fanatics used and mortally wounded the colonel.

Security being relaxed is a different issue from that of training.

Col Haroon Islam was not shot after the mosque had been cleared. He was shot before any of the operations had begun. He had been inspecting entry points for the assault and that is when was hit by gun fire. At that point, all of the militants were intact with their weapons.

Back
Top Bottom