What's new

How far is India behind China

The GDP comparison is already interesting when we go back to see this thread in the next 5 years.

There is no comparison until China adopts democracy …their current system can achieve unachievable at rocket pace by paying hefty social price but we are abided with a law of democracy hence things don’t move that faster…but it is okay, we are happy….I have a power to say NO, if someone comes to grab my land!

So, it should be a level playing ground when it comes to comparison between two similar group countries...

no, you have the power to pay bribes like 40% of Indians do. i dare you to say no to a police asking for some rupees.

no, you have the power to pay bribes like 40% of Indians do. i dare you to say no to a police asking for some rupees.

Marked as IGNORED..no sense!

Why compare India and China in the first place ?
Both are two different countries with different ideals and morals. We are satisfied with the growth we have and working hard for the future. GDP is not everything.

The GDP comparison is already interesting when we go back to see this thread in the next 5 years.

China GDP calculation is flawed ,,,they count everything they produce as a profit even if it doesn't get sold.... but to prevent social unrest to can't lower the production too much hence they keep on producing and counting it as profit and hence this magnificent GDP numbers... One example is their Real estate Market

One thing to notice is a major Export driven economy with little imports like China who claims to growth of GDP of 9% last year should show foreign reserve go up as result of exports But rather it decline last year ....

China is about to face deflation and along with the countries who rely on exporting raw material to them like India, Africa

But countries who are dependent on export from china are going to face Run away inflation Like USA And Europe
But China And India might be weather this storm quickly and recover falling raw material And Oil prices will provide cushion to local demand As china is already trying to tackle this by increasing local demand And india already has a local mkt ....

Now a way out of this mess for USA is start a war And disturb the globalization which has backfired on them.......

my Advice to fellow PDF's keep 1-2 mnths household budget in cash at home.....never know when lighting will struck you:wave:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/economics-blog/2011/dec/15/global-economic-outlook-2012-roubini

China GDP calculation is flawed ,,,they count everything they produce as a profit even if it doesn't get sold.... but to prevent social unrest to can't lower the production too much hene they keep on producing and counting it as profit and hence this magnificent GDP numbers... One example is their Real estate Market
One thing to notice is a major Export driven economy with little imports like China who claims to growth of GDP of 9% last year should show foreign reserve go up as result of exports But rather it decline last year ....

China is about to face deflation and along with the countries who rely on exporting raw material to them like India, Africa

But countries who are dependent on export from china are going to face Run away inflation Like USA And Europe
But China And India might be weather this storm quickly and recover falling raw material And Oil prices will provide cushion to local demad As china is already trying to tackle this by increasing local demand And india already has a local mkt ....

Now a way out of this mess for USA is start a war And disturb the globilization which has backfired on them.......

my Advice to fellow PDF's keep 1-2 mnths household budget in cash at home.....never know when lighting will struck you:wave:

Why don't you just search the online definition of GDP? :coffee:

would you care to explain pls o all wisdom bearer.......

The GDP is likely everything you produce or provide the service within your own country, it has nothing to do with the profit.

But so far as i known, most Chinese companies were profitable in 2011.

educate yourself. Also, China's GDP is a lower bound; its estimated that 60% of the service sector is uncounted.

Exactly right. China has a massive shadow economy of small-level vendors who only deal in cash, as well as large-medium businesses who understate their income in order to pay less taxes.

Combine that with the supposedly "undervalued" Yuan, and China's GDP is actually much larger than our nominal GDP by current exchange rates would suggest.

I think there is no real comparison. It is unfair to compare the two in anything else than population.

It is fair to compare India and China. The Chinese economy was only 1.19 T$ n 2001. With in a decade it is $6.99 T$. If China can do it so can India. The critical asset that both countries possess is population.

Exactly right. China has a massive shadow economy of small-level vendors who only deal in cash, as well as large-medium businesses who understate their income in order to pay less taxes.

Combine that with the supposedly "undervalued" Yuan, and China's GDP is actually much larger than our nominal GDP by current exchange rates would suggest.

These things happen in much larger scale in India than in China. Moreover, the underground economy in India may be as big as the official GDP

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123698646833925567.html

Back
Top Bottom