What's new

How do you Chinese view the rapid development of the past 35 years?

Agreed with @AndrewJin , a strong central government, independent judiciary and meritocracy-based public governance.

I want to see the government to regulate the economy.

I would like the critical sectors to be never privatized, even when they are unprofitable. Restructuring is better than selling-out.

I wish to see the immigration policy to remain tight and open to the exceptional individuals only. To fill out the demographic gap, simply further ease the policy that limits its growth. Opening up immigration at the cost of China's demographic growth capacity would be high-treason.

In foreign relations, I am happy to see China to finally lead some initiatives of economic nature. I would like to see that trend to continue into security, and, in that regard, China-Russia partnership should be further institutionalized.

I would like to see China to remain Northeast Asia focused, forming a super economic powerhouse together with Japan and Korea. The proposed trilateral FTA must be signed soon.

Finally, I want to see my own place, Taiwan, to fully integrate into the mainland in 2020s and HK to be stripped of its separate status, especially in terms of the right to print money, run a central bank and run a separate customs and issue separate passport. These privileges should be taken away.
Meritocracy can only exist if the members are selected within a group of people who specialize in the field. For example, when they choose a head of the Surgeons Council that oversee all surgeons in my province, the person who is selected was/is a certified surgeon in good standing. I can't imagine the group selecting a plumber to run the Surgeons Council--that would be counterproductive and laughable.

your story is much better than our photos!
堕落街?华中科技大学?
Wuhan is a total different city to me every time I go home.
I vividly remember my first time going to college 1000km away. it seemed so far. And also my first Spring Festival travel rush experience back home, I always think life without Spring Festival travel rush experience is not life at all.

The second year, a new HSR line linking Wuhan was open and also a lot of new lines ever since. There is no distance between Wuhan and where I study. Out transport is totally changed, so is our life!

That's why u guys need more intercity HSR lines, at least 5 between Guangzhou to Shenzhen. Now 2 HSR lines and 1 old line.

看来只要是武汉人都知道华科后面的那条街。=)

COSTAL TROLLS
Listen! It seems that our poor inland province doesn't have Expressways.
We are poor, but we have enough money for mere roads!
The most difficult expressway in the world, Hubei section of G42 & G50

old deadly road vs new
View attachment 206335
View attachment 206334 View attachment 206336 View attachment 206337 View attachment 206338
View attachment 206340 View attachment 206341View attachment 206343

Damn !
I don't Know China Inland Provinces have been So Developed Today.
Really Amazing. :D

All Chinese Citizen must be Proud of Their Country and Government.
They really did Good Job.

I am really Interesting with China Inland Provinces, like Shaanxi, Hunan, Henan, Hebei, Chongqing, and Sichuan.
Glad to see,That Provinces have been so Developed today.

C'mon Inland Trollers Beat that Coastal Trolls :lol:

Damn !

I am really Interesting with China Inland Provinces, like Shaanxi, Hunan, Henan, Hebei, Chongqing, and Sichuan.

C'mon Inland Trollers Beat that Coastal Dwellers. :lol:

Inland trolls are growing faster than the coastal counterparts already. Visit Chongqing metropolis, one of my favorite inland cities!

chongqing.jpg

not well, it should never have came to this. It started in Qing under 恭亲王. It never should have came to this.

To me these 30+ years really shows how much potential China has and what the morons before and after did to put China in this position.

I guess we'll take what we can get.

Inland trolls are growing faster than the coastal counterparts already. Visit Chongqing metropolis, one of my favorite inland cities!

View attachment 206410

Thats what I don't Know :lol:

I think, Next year I must take Chongqing-Sichuan Tour.
Can't Wait to see that Inland Cities :D

I once time, Visit Hongkong and Guangzhou in 2009.

Thats what I don't Know :lol:

I think, Next year I must take Chongqing-Sichuan Tour.
Can't Wait to see that Inland Cities :D

I once time, Visit Hongkong and Guangzhou in 2009.
Chongqing rocks! Inland trolls rock!
A megacity on the hills, a urban planning marvel
屏幕快照 2015-03-24 01.44.28.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-24 01.40.37.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-24 01.39.02.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-24 01.37.13.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-24 01.32.15.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-24 01.45.11.png

Damn !

Glad to see,That Provinces have been so Developed today.

C'mon Inland Trollers Beat that Coastal Trolls :lol:
No Hubei and Hunan?:cry:

LOL ... in-land troll brother you are always my man ... :enjoy:
Amazing pics, that bridge was like a mile above ground level
Cheers, costal!

chongqing-subway-metro-goes-through-building-01.jpg

I like this picture. Looks amazing from this angle (Science fiction vibe).

chongqing-subway-metro-goes-through-building-01.jpg

I like this picture. Looks amazing from this angle (Science fiction vibe).
Looks like ChongQing city, only in ChongQing city their skyscrapers & urban rails built on the mountains.

I believe the most special developed city in South-west China is the ChongQing, a mountain city building many skyscrapers u never saw that in other place of this world, really amazing ~!:woot:

A COOL mountain city: ChongQing/重庆
11.jpg

33.jpg

22.jpg

09100221487cc35ff37855baa7.jpg

11071818407c1e1d849fcd4870.jpg

11176976_120839321000_2.jpg

200742682159_6_2223.jpg

Last edited:
@Viet @BoQ77 @NiceGuy

NanNing city, nearest big city close to Vietnam in GuangXi province of South-west China. NanNing is still a developing city in China, less skyscrapers than other developed Chinese cities. :coffee:

A developing city: NanNing/南宁
113687538_111n.jpg

113687538_31n.jpg

201005132311381885.jpg

200921017552749_2.jpg

yt-p0029565.jpg

2421148_102137466179_2.jpg

ABUIABACGAAgnbCRhQUo6IeO7gMwgBA4vgk.jpg

Attachments

• 1212200942083094.jpg
    1212200942083094.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Funny that some of you love always to diss CPC as single party dictatorship, heartless commie, propaganda against KMT, blahblahblah.

Yet you guys haven't realized who was responsible for transforming China from a third world hellhole into today's prosperous society.

No regime/dynasty in China's history can match CPC's contribution. Those great dynasties like Han and Tang were thriving because China was always remained more advanced than the rest of the world, while during CPC's early years, China was much much lagging behind the western world, yet CPC was still capable to turn the table around.

You guys who disrespect CPC are the real heartless ones.

Last edited:
Really glad to see how our country has developed for the past 30+ years. For me, this picture of foreign delegates & bizmen also sums up how far we have gone from a "commie country" where everyone stayed away, to a country today where everyone wants to invest in.

127612050_14271196267701n.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom