What's new

How do we make PDF better?

I've also noticed some members who seem to have joined practically for the sole purpose of bashing other countries as well.

EX: Some of them will make threads under the guise of reporting a news story. But then, mix in thier biases somewhere in the middle or the end of the actual facts for the sole purpose of trolling.

Just my observations..
True they nake nultiple id,s and talk to themselves to sppil the environment here also there is a huge issue of suicide members who make id,s, post offensive content and get perma ban just to return with another id tommorow
@WAJsal
A lot of them are perma banned old members

Stop crying, the mods and think tanks treats Indian much worse here, and you dont see us crying about it.

Post where elders of certain Indian member was regulalry abused...

Here's more reference for ^the limits for every one to cross:
upload_2017-2-6_4-9-36.png

Here's more benchmarks of personal attacks, which can continue without moderation:
upload_2017-2-6_4-29-59.png

I would love to see you in the central Asian section.

:o:

:cry:

That's a horrible thing to wish upon me:(. It's a madhouse over there.

I'm not sure how good I'd be as a mod in the Central & South Asian Section anyway. I'm impartial to the nationalities that makeup the region, and thus wouldn't fall into the trap of favoring one side over another, but I also know next to nothing about the region either I don't recognize the languages which are frequently used, religion escapes me (especially as I'm not religious myself), I'm not familiar with the politics or any useful and relevant metrics.

I'd be able to objectively look at things and not take sides which would be beneficial, but apart from that I'm largely unqualified to mod that section. My ignorance is too thick to properly understand the nuances.

However, if asked by the Administration to provide my support to that section I will do so to the best of my abilities and with impartiality, fairness and a take no crap attitude. I can tell you trolling, offensive and rude behaviors would decline markedly, as would duplicate threads.

Stop crying, the mods and think tanks treats Indian much worse here, and you don't see us crying about it.

Hmm, I don't remember treating any Indian members any differently then any Pakistani members... or anyone else for that matter. Offensive, abusive and rude members, and those with a penchant for being off-topic are those I treat differently.

"The mods" are a group that works together, but we're also individuals with our own preferences, styles and interests. Not all of us treat certain members or nationalities any less then others.

I've also noticed some members who seem to have joined practically for the sole purpose of bashing other countries as well.

Point them out, report them or tag one of us and we'll deal with them. If you see one in the Americas or Europe & Russia sections you can always tag me and I'll take a look. I also deal with reports in those sections promptly and fairly - the flag in the top left is my reported post queue. It's empty because I like to respond as quickly as possible.

Capture.JPG

If something or someone is behaving untoward and you'd like some help, it's always a good idea to approach us (tag, report and so forth) and we'll sort things out. Reporting a member or their posts and leaving a helpful message goes along way to assisting us in sussing out disruptive members, multiple ID ones included.

Moderation requires help from the community too.

Last edited by a moderator:
:o:

:cry:

That's a horrible thing to wish upon me:(. It's a madhouse over there.

I'm not sure how good I'd be as a mod in the Central & South Asian Section anyway. I'm impartial to the nationalities that makeup the region, and thus wouldn't fall into the trap of favoring one side over another, but I also know next to nothing about the region either I don't recognize the languages which are frequently used, religion escapes me (especially as I'm not religious myself), I'm not familiar with the politics or any useful and relevant metrics.

I'd be able to objectively look at things and not take sides which would be beneficial, but apart from that I'm largely unqualified to mod that section. My ignorance is too thick to properly understand the nuances.

Hmm, I don't remember treating any Indian members any differently then any Pakistani members... or anyone else for that matter. Offensive, abusive and rude members, and those with a penchant for being off-topic are those I treat differently.

"The mods" are a group that works together, but we're also individuals with our own preferences, styles and interests. Not all of us treat certain members or nationalities any less then others.

Point them out, report them or tag one of us and we'll deal with them. If you see one in the Americas or Europe & Russia sections you can always tag me and I'll take a look. I also deal with reports in those sections promptly and fairly - the flag in the top left is my reported post queue. It's empty because I like to respond as quickly as possible.

View attachment 374868

If something or someone is behaving untoward and you'd like some help, it's always a good idea to approach us (tag, report and so forth) and we'll sort things out. Reporting a member or their posts and leaving a helpful message goes along way to assisting us in sussing out disruptive members, multiple ID ones included.

Moderation requires help from the community too.

Regarding reporting.. (and I would have addressed this in a private conversation with you, but I see you don't have that enabled)

Not all to long ago, whenever I would report a trolling/abusive type of post, that post would disappear, at least temporarily for moderation.

and then of course mods would decide whether it was worthy of deletion or not. and if not, they would restore it. Although I don't remember many of my reported posts ever coming back.

Never been told warned/told otherwise. So I take that at the very least of having a more than decent record of quality reports that warranted moderation.

However, in the last few months or so, whenever I have reported posts, they no longer disappear for moderation. So I'm unsure if the PDF reporting policy/protocols have been revised, or my specific reporting abilities have been neutralized for whatever reason.

I have already broached this subject in the GHB section, but never got a response. If that wasn't quite the area to post my concern, then I apologize. As I wasn't sure where else to address this.

Last edited:
Few suggestions on improvements

1- Better content
2- Reduction on 80-90% on threads about rape , graphic rape stories , ethnic stories (specially from horrible
sources).
3- Reduction in Links from Fake sites , Viral networks , and propaganda material lately seeing some low quality links
4- More closer check on the Shai / Sunni threads (Mostly arguments between Arab / Iranain users)
5- Keeping Prominent Technology Threads , or Defence threads up in the forums vs random announcement by
Senators
6- More polls and questionares about current affairs on the web forum on
weekly basis

7- General cleanup improvements
  • Merging of threads
  • Cleanup of threads to merge them into Sticky thread
  • Deletion of threads started in incorrect location (Example Teja Thread on Pakistan Airforce thread and Title becomes "Teja a threat to PAF"
Or ridiculous thread
  • PAF denies airlifting horse gifted by PM to Qatar emir8-) (Under Pakistan Airforce)

8 - Reduction of some anti Muslims threads, these normally starts with headline like "Muslims or Pakistani should be ashamed , of such and such "

9- We need to have a thread about Shaheeds who recieved the "Nishan-E-Haider" , infact here should be a sticky called Nishan-e-Haider recipient" on the army section where we the achivement of the soldiers can be listed who recieved the honors. Pictures of people and ideally should be reserved for high quality coverage, proper authors of article who can perhaps also link to good source

10- Perhaps Once a month Editorial (Special thread) , written by a high quality author. The article can perhaps grace the Thread for 15 days or 30 days in Prominent location. May be folks can submit articles for approval for such a visible write up. May be create a invite for members to write something nice and submit for publishing , a formal write up. Kind of like a proper Assignment for write up where people can spend 2-5 days to write something good with research and submit that article for consideration. If the article is approved obviously that member would get recognition & publishing of the article in Prominent area

11-
Revival of the policy , if you ain't got a SOLID link in your first post from reputable source please do not add the thread into PDF

• May be for speculative threads etc like Mirage 2009 deal or F16-V deal pure specualtion such threads should first be reviewed by Mods to ensure there is some credibility factor 40%-70% range before it is allowed to move on to published status

Example of Speculatory Threads:
  • Recently someone started a thread about well Kuwait banned Pakistani , inreality the Kuwaiti embassy released a official statement saying there is no such provision few days later.
  • There were few speculatory threads started Pakistan should be on Trump's banned list , however no such provision exist yet such threads made it to publishing
  • Then there was this thread , Arabs don't care about Palestine , then 2 days later I posted a article from OIC published in prominent news site "arab news" from Saudi Arabia which posted a OIC official statement on support to cause of Paletine by all OIC nations.
12- Good quality discussions on Technology / Weapons / Purchases are getting burried down below under the rubble of speculative threads

Last edited:
Regarding reporting.. (and I would have addressed this in a private conversation with you, but I see you don't have that enabled)

Not all to long ago, whenever I would report a trolling/abusive type of post, that post would disappear, at least temporarily for moderation.

and then of course mods would decide whether it was worthy of deletion or not. and if not, they would restore it. Although I don't remember many of my reported posts ever coming back.

Never been told warned/told otherwise. So I take that at the very least of having a more than decent record of quality reports that warranted moderation.

However, in the last few months or so, whenever I have reported posts, they no longer disappear for moderation. So I'm unsure if the PDF reporting policy/protocols have been revised, or my specific reporting abilities have been neutralized for whatever reason.

I have already broached this subject in the GHB section, but never got a response. If that wasn't quite the area to post my concern, then I apologize. As I wasn't sure where else to address this.

Some members abused this privilege by reporting posts they didn't agree with. So the rules have been relaxed.

Keep a eye on HRK he loves giving negative ratings to Indians, even though another message by a Pakistani is much worse and offensive for which he doesnt give them a negative rating.

For example https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...-jf-17-block-iii-in-2017.476008/#post-9171068

Usually I dont complain, because I expect Indians to get the worse stick in a Pakistani forum, but he gives out negative ratings like as if its some ak 47.

Some members abused this privilege by reporting posts they didn't agree with. So the rules have been relaxed.

In that case remove the privilege of that member.... That was a good feature and when moderaters are not online.... one can hide the thread of it become a troll fest

Keep a eye on HRK he loves giving negative ratings to Indians, even though another message by a Pakistani is much worse and offensive for which he doesnt give them a negative rating.

Oh so cute .... :kiss3:

Why don't you demand the review of all those posts which attract negative ratings .... :whistle:
Playing holy saint dude .... keep playing .... :bounce:

12- Good quality discussions on Technology / Weapons / Purchases are getting burried down below under the rubble of speculative threads

this the main issue, but one can not control the flood one can just divert it or to some extent can attempt to channelise it .....

No one is offended by that but a lot of folks are offended by what anti Pakistan goons post

I don't know why people are so jealous about AMAN KI ASHA ...bhai aman ke saat shanti achi lagti hai .... your efforts to bring India & Pakistan closer are commendable & that thread I assume is equivalently popular in both nationalities keep up the good work .... :enjoy:

(but man seriously that topic at 'Defence Forum' ....o_O)

Thank you for explaining @WebMaster

So just to further clarify, the rules have been relaxed for everyone? And it's not just specific individuals who have had their accounts modified so that their reporting abilities have been relaxed or taken away?

Last edited:

Why don't you demand the review of all those posts which attract negative ratings .... :whistle:

this the main issue, but one can not control the flood one can just divert it or to some extent can attempt to channelise it .....

I don't know why people are so jealous about AMAN KI ASHA ...bhai aman ke saat shanti achi lagti hai .... your efforts to bring India & Pakistan closer are commendable & that thread I assume is equivalently popular in both nationalities keep up the good work .... :enjoy:

Arey that was geo,s campaign sheikh sahab hates geo :D
And on that thread well honestly i thought it would be closed on day one thanks mods for not doing that :D

• release monthly documentary videos
  • provide scholarships
  • free gifts

these three might not be possible ... at least at this stage ...

Nope I dont need to, just wanted the mods to be aware of you.

Thats all :)

Nope I dont need to, just wanted the mods to be aware of you.

Thats all :)

haha... my dear I always make sure to keep modes aware ....

BTW Why do you find it difficult to demand a review for post received negative ratings .... :whistle:

plz raise your voice about negative ratings as a SINGLE UNIFIED BLOCK not just as a member ..... ;)

haha... my dear I always make sure to keep modes aware ....

BTW Why do you find it difficult to demand a review for post received negative ratings .... :whistle:

plz raise your voice about negative ratings as a SINGLE UNIFIED BLOCK not just as a member ..... ;)

Firstly its mods not modes.

Secondly, how are about you get things correct first time, so the MODS job will be easier by less people reporting it instead.

Back
Top Bottom