What's new

How do we make PDF better?

You can create a thread in GHQ and name some trolls for mods to look after. That should help.
Thank you sir, I usually ignore them if they are directed at me. I will take your advice if necessary.

I appreciate your taking out time to reply.

Regards

P.S. This is my first time on any social media. If you find anything objectionable in any of my posts kindly feel free to delete the posts. My feelings won't be hurt and I will know what is acceptable in the future

Sir you are a blessing to this forum seriously , although i understand very little of the technical things you post but still admire that someone is serious and putting all his knowledge .

i agree with you and gambit , i would go a step further and say sometimes my countrymen gang up and talk non sense and are spared while others are curbed for petty offences .

but at same time i do acknowledge mods have a difficult job and they must be trying their best

Regards

P.S. This is my first time on any social media. If you find anything objectionable in any of my posts kindly feel free to delete the posts. My feelings won't be hurt and I will know what is acceptable in the future

Sir you are a blessing to this forum seriously , although i understand very little of the technical things you post but still admire that someone is serious and putting all his knowledge .

i agree with you and gambit , i would go a step further and say sometimes my countrymen gang up and talk non sense and are spared while others are curbed for petty offences .

but at same time i do acknowledge mods have a difficult job and they must be trying their best

Regards

Thank you for your valuable input.

Sorry, some posts are questions or discussions with experts although I still try to explain the jargon to an extent.

My first posts were a thorough analysis of range and combat radius for fighter aircraft, and the factors deciding these figures. Took a long time to set up the (extremely simplified) tools that helped in forming this analysis.

Please feel free to ask for a post to be simplified and shortened. If and when I have time and log on to the site, I will try to fulfill your request, Insha Allah.

My very amateur area of interest is Aircraft Design but I can research other topics and/or refer you to the relevant experts in the respective fields:

gambit for radars and fighters

penguin for naval matters

fenrir for infantry and naval matters

oscar for jf-17 and paf matters

Manticore for quick answers to forum questions

Right. I get that part. But what I want to know is who knows what? We know a discussion or debate would need knowledgeable members, but who are they?

I'm a Professional 'round here, do you know my area of interest or expertise? This is something I want to know too, so I can engage the knowledge members in their areas of interest, rather then wading through piles of filth to find one jewel.

I can recognize a few like Penguin, but most other Professional members or well regarded Senior/TTAs? No idea, and thus I'm asking.

Fenrir
INT'L MOD, Female

None of your damn business
    Ranks:
    Air Force

Hi,

This is your introduction about yourself---. Being a 'professional and a mod---if this is how you do it---what do you expect from others!

Moderators must be neutral- example for South Asia it could be non-Asian etc

Would it be possible to limit how many post an account can make. Also if the limitation can be expanded to certain forums and such it would probably curb the trolling.

Perhaps this could be combined with how old your account is.

An alternative could be that the mods should be able to (temporarely) limit how many post an account can make on daily/weekly basis, if banning is considered to be the harshest punishment.

It's really annoying to see ppl derailing topics/threads and the thread ending up locked and such.

I know I might sound really weird suggesting this but I think it's time the management gave a thought to it.
@WebMaster @WAJsal @Slav Defence @Manticore @Jungibaaz

Please stop permanent banning members who have been on the forum for more than an year. This will prevent duplicate IDs.
Those who have survived on this forum for more than one year are genuine people,who come to read stuff on the forum.
Let the usual bans or the shorter/temporary bans continue for not sticking to forum etiquette, as such bans limit entry to the forum for a limited period of time.
Yes the suicide trolls and duplicate IDs should be banned permanently.

At the risk of earning brick-bats,
Levina

Last edited:
I know I might sound really weird suggesting this but I think it's time the management gave a thought to it.
@WebMaster @WAJsal @Slav Defence @Manticore @Jungibaaz

Please stop permanent banning members who have been on the forum for more than an year. This will prevent duplicate IDs.
Those who have survived on this forum for more than one year are genuine people,who come to read stuff on the forum.
Let the usual bans continue for not sticking to forum etiquette.
Yes the suicide trolls and duplicate IDs should be banned permanently.

At the risk of earning brick-bats,
Levina
Its a must to ban. Looking at most member who are also using some other platforms.
Its the ban thats keeping them in limits of sanity.

Pdf is by far the defence forum in desi circuits. No indian forum is even close to it.

The ban is one of the most important aspect to keep the standards high.

Or else like anyother indian forum we will have shower of stupidity and biased opinions.

Its the ban thats keeping them in limits of sanity
Read again I was talking about PERMANENT BANS for members who have been on the forum for more than a year.

Temporary Ban for NOT sticking to forum etiquette is justified coz that is for a limited period.
Kapisce?

Last edited:
Read again I said PERMANENT BANS for members who have been on the forum for more than a year.

Ban for NOT sticking to forum etiquette is justified coz that is for a limited period.
Kapisce?
Dear most senior members also loose their cool.
Its the ban which keep them in s dignified discourse level.
I think ban is must.

Dear most senior members also loose their cool.
Its the ban which keep them in s dignified discourse level.
I think ban is must.
Gosh!
You are mixing this up.

I said temporary BAN IS FINE and is JUSTIFIED for NOT STICKING TO FORUM ETIQUETTE.

But PERMANENT BAN should be limited to only TROLLS.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom