What's new

How do we make PDF better?

I know it is but serial offenders should be made to understand that it's not acceptable.

Also forum need to revisit reporting system. Mass reporting takes a toll on difference of opinion as forum dangerously flirts with one demographic majority in opinion.
Mods ignore posts that don't violate forum rules.

Not sure which mod took care of the post I reported recently from an individual who clearly has it in for Egyptians members that he called us "rabid dogs" and instead of me replying to him (being Afghani, it wouldn't have been difficult at all to insult him back...) but instead I reported the post and someone took care of it as it showed up in my alerts -- that it was taken care of -- but I had no way of replying back to it to thank him.

So, to whomever that was, I thank you for taking care of that terrible abuse of a particular group of nationality but I do hope you also had a few words with that individual and explained to him that he can't be taking such liberties and insulting a whole group of people from one country just because he has a bug up his *** about this particular country, and not just deleted the post. Hope he was also taught a lesson to respect everyone no matter what. Thanks again.

Before if you made a post within certain time frame of a previous one in same thread, they would automatically join together.

Now they stay separate (lately)

Was wondering if some setting has been changed?

@WebMaster

Can we have a dislike button? I like to give a thumbs down to fake news or irrelevant news that doesn't serve any purpose.

Can we have a dislike button? I like to give a thumbs down to fake news or irrelevant news that doesn't serve any purpose.

Bad idea. Indians will abuse this like they do everywhere else.

Just report bad threads and posts. Help us clean up PDF.

Bad idea. Indians will abuse this like they do everywhere else.

Just report bad threads and posts. Help us clean up PDF.

I will still stand by my idea. Everyday that passes by, the idea gets reinforced more and more. Confine all indian users to just india defense forum. Starter would be to stop any indian users from commenting in these sections. Already got indian users posting comments from indian links.

upload_2020-8-2_14-44-15.png

But then I couldn't offer analysis for Pakistan economy issues ^^ @SQ8 @Jungibaaz

These ideas sprouting up everywhere and they're apparently getting "reinforced more and more" though its always the same group that proposes them.... @Joe Shearer

I will still stand by my idea. Everyday that passes by, the idea gets reinforced more and more. Confine all indian users to just india defense forum. Starter would be to stop any indian users from commenting in these sections. Already got indian users posting comments from indian links.

View attachment 657866

Good idea brother. Indians troll Pakistani topics too much. What business do they have in our internal affairs?

It would be nice to ban repeat offenders like the one above from Pakistan Affairs in general.

Today one of their TTA got banned for personal attacks against a member and insinuating mods are false flagging.

Good idea brother. Indians troll Pakistani topics too much. What business do they have in our internal affairs?

It would be nice to ban repeat offenders like the one above from Pakistan Affairs in general.

Today one of their TTA got banned for personal attacks against a member and insinuating mods are false flagging.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/comp...ing-of-the-forum-for-all-indian-users.671245/

Over 60% of users want a change in the way indians member are allowed here. Still admins won't do anything.

But then I couldn't offer analysis for Pakistan economy issues ^^ @SQ8 @Jungibaaz

These ideas sprouting up everywhere and they're apparently getting "reinforced more and more" though its always the same group that proposes them.... @Joe Shearer

Nothing has changed. The same core group of less than a dozen frustrated members keep suggesting this universal ban again and again. They then disclose their own inner insecurity by barging in and commenting on conversations between others. In other words, it's not about a ban; it's about being respected and being deferred to by those whom they cannot answer in the normal course of things.

My reaction is to ignore those who have nothing of relevance to say, but to remain open to those who want a reaction, a genuine reaction, not a stereotype of what they think should be the answer. I also don't think we should refute this in posts responding to these views, and in inviting the administrators to look at our POV. This just increases the noise level, and increases the stress on the administrators.

To gauge the worth of these calls, trace the posts of the proposers and their most loyal supporters. You will see why they want to make a mark other than through posting.

Nothing has changed. The same core group of less than a dozen frustrated members keep suggesting this universal ban again and again. They then disclose their own inner insecurity by barging in and commenting on conversations between others. In other words, it's not about a ban; it's about being respected and being deferred to by those whom they cannot answer in the normal course of things.

My reaction is to ignore those who have nothing of relevance to say, but to remain open to those who want a reaction, a genuine reaction, not a stereotype of what they think should be the answer. I also don't think we should refute this in posts responding to these views, and in inviting the administrators to look at our POV. This just increases the noise level, and increases the stress on the administrators.

To gauge the worth of these calls, trace the posts of the proposers and their most loyal supporters. You will see why they want to make a mark other than through posting.

Yup I agree.... though I tagged oscar as a worthy acquaintance here (whom has given me a number of kudos on posts I made in that Pak economy section) rather than his admin/mod role. Jungi the same thing too.

Its more to point out an irony, though they already know it.

Yup I agree.... though I tagged oscar as a worthy acquaintance here (whom has given me a number of kudos on posts I made in that Pak economy section) rather than his admin/mod role. Jungi the same thing too.

Its more to point out an irony, though they already know it.

They are far too evolved to need us to tell them. There are three on this forum whom I consider my role models, niaz sahib, fatman17 and Oscar (of the thousand names and one name), and about a dozen whom I consider my peers; most of the second section are Pakistani. It is for their sakes that I am still here.

Don't count out Mods yet brother. They are watching. Just keep reporting them. Tag Mods if needed for more concrete action.

I don't think mods are the issue. They do great job as it is. When i mean admins, i mean higher up then mods. The admins of this website allow such trolls. Just like our leaders, they are oblivious to what happens on the ground. Everywhere you go on the internet, YT, FB, Twitter, etc indians are there, butting in like they own this place.

This pic sums of the situation perfectly. Its not just Pakistanis complaining. Every nationality has this issue with indians.

https://pics.me.me/civilized-discussion-between-people-oh-no-here-comes-the-indians-19087897.png

And there is zero chance of any echo chamber if they are all kicked out. We got plenty of anti army/anti [whatever party]/heck even anti islamic people. There are plenty of Pakistani users that can fill that roll. There is even a troll (Ed Sidd) that is approved by admins (reported one of his comments for trolling, and was told "He is resident troll, and its allowed for him"). So zero chance of echo chamber.

Back
Top Bottom