What's new

How can Pakistan and India help each-other in Economic and Trade!!!!

By giving MFN status does not mean India is going to set up industrial base in Pakistan....
Seting up Industrial base in Pakistan would lead to increase the risk factor to the companies who will invest in pakistan.

Take the example of China and Japan. both have historical conflict with each other, Yet they are having good trade relation. Now, when tention between China and Japan are increasing due to islands, Trade is the first to suffer. Japan companies are loosing now as their factories are closing in china. Same may happen to India. When there is increase in tention in kashmir, pakistan will first close Indian companies.

India Pakistan are not mature enough to have the trade relation, India has more to loose than to gain!

good. I agree with you. Status quo should be maintained. India is very good at maintaining status qou.

Until and endless there be peace in Pakistan and a better government , Pakistan is no use to any of its neighbor.

Agreed. Stay in Canada.

isi liye to kehta hun .... chorro India ke saath trade, ye ghaatay ka sauda hai. Ham step son hi acchhay.

On a serious not - this is a big problem for Pakistani traders who tried to export stuff to India. Such a problem is not being faced by let's say, Arabs or the western countries etc.

A certain special treatment is reserved only for Pakistanis. The reasons are understood. And in this case, if such a venture has to succeed, India will have to do more.
sorry but india is not usa to do more and pay jaziya unlike usa do......:usflag:

When Zardari suddenly changed his tone, all the work was undone. Get him out of the office and you MAY see better economic relations.

actually we r good at keeping othr ppl where they belong,

n

r u A supporter of PPP?

Good. We are going to remain here and keep you there in between Pakistan and China.

samandar mein naha kar namkeen hi raho.

Nope I am not a PPP supporter.

sorry but india is not usa to do more and pay jaziya unlike usa do......:usflag:

ha ha ha .....

Acchha baba .... thik hai.

Aur mein kya kahun.

good. I agree with you. Status quo should be maintained. India is very good at maintaining status qou.

Agreed. Stay in Canada.

Yap and we send billions in money remittances else Pakistani economy would gone down in a day, by the way in thanks government has put tax on international calls, so we can save your telephone industry hit by corruption.

Yap and we send billions in money remittances else Pakistani economy would gone down in a day, by the way in thanks government has put tax on international calls, so we can save your telephone industry hit by corruption

I am ordinary guy. Why are you fighting me. However, yes you are right in many ways. We are passing through a democratic transition and it has not been pretty. It will be a slow process but I am sure that at the end of the day, we will improve and are heading towards betterment.

I am sorry about the increase in tariff in call rates. It may not matter to those who are better-off, but will hurt more for normal run of the mill Pakistani and I think it was a bad decision. But in the long run I think the government will have to revoke this decision. People will, in all likelihood resort to using viber or skype etc and the government will start losing the revenue it generated otherwise.

You guys do send in a lot of foreign exchange for this country and should get the due.

Agreed. Stay in Canada.

Yap and we send billions in money remittances else Pakistani economy would gone down in a day, by the way in thanks government has put tax on international calls, so we can save your telephone industry hit by corruption.

If we don't fly PIA the airline will be bankrupt , even rtd air marshal resigned from PIA because of extreme corruption

If we don't fly PIA the airline will be bankrupt , even rtd air marshal resigned from PIA because of extreme corruption

I agree.

I hope it improves somewhat after new elections and new set of good people coming to power and not the corrupt ones.

@ ajtr;

1)How does that matter?

You have got both Flags.

2)ok then lets start with MFN first.PPP gas gone back on it many times already.

It aint have gone back in December it is expected to short list the items. Actually system in Pakistan works in a Different way as we r from a different country n have a separate identity u should respect that.Also what do u think that yr Foreign Minister is fool enough to have visited in a country just now with whom there is no progress made:lol: this is the same thing i was talking abt in my thread,when i said that people of Pakistan will think that India will invade Pakistan economically thats because we have seen our 2nd largest city Lahore under heavy bombardment by yr in Indian armed forces in 65 it had been one of the places where almost everyone used to hate India most although now a days,Although things in general have changed but still Hafz Sahab live there n he had chosen to live in that city for a reason dont u think. its the same way in India most Pakistani haters live in Mumbai even Pakistani Cricket team is not allowed to play there nor in 2008 IPL any mumbai or sothern teams had taken Pakistani players either when the mumbai saga had not happened. After that LOL if became almost fully even now we c how yr mumbai based media reports abt Pakistan:lol: Here in Pakistan people develop a negative image when they watch those almost all anti Pakistani reports dont u c that yr own countrymen publish propaganda threads by strait away copy n pasting it entirely in this thread dont u remember that u had posted a Gandhi v Jinnah thread in which they had shown our founding father as evil n yrs as Hero. There were strong reactions from us including a person like also. This is the same way when my fellow Country members post Anti Indian threads in this forum it gives a negative image about Pakistan to Indian members.:cheesy: So we got to respect the public opinions as well as we both r democratic states afterall.

Let me add that Pakistan is also trying to develop the local industry of its own country now for that it requires resources enough to sustain 180 million people that is why u see us going Gas, Electricity projects with India, China, Iran, Russia, CARs n ME n off course to give it a little time to flourish domestically before allowing foreign investment so that they could compete domestically n internationally if they chose to invest in expand their business to regionally or Globally.This is the same thing that as timely done by India n gave it 40 years to flourish domestically in just 1991 yr country opened the doors for foreign investment.Thats all because of its leaders who had survived long enough to do the basics right alteast in the field of Economics, in the other land we had just one leader who had unfortunately died with in the one year of our independence so after him there was no one left in Pakistan to take the nation forward both Politically n economically thats the core reasons why we had been unsuccessful in making Pakistan a true democracy n then we also have learnt through our Experience with Americans what they just use u then they through u out like a tissue paper just like how those guys did to us in 1990 just a year after Soviat with Draw from Region that was the first time we had received the sanctions before that if wasnt even part of our wilderst dream that we will receive a reward like sanctions after we had done so much for west it was the time our economy started to crumble.Before that we had all western sponsored economy we were least bothered abt region or regional economy as it wasnt our need either, nor of the regional countries or anyone had request us about that.

Then after sanctions we were left all by ourselves with almost no locally established industry then we had started to make n invest in local industry n most of ours is of that Era but then as the time has progressed population has also grown to 180 million now we need more according to the growth of population then now need to give them time to grow domestically to a level that they have enough money to expand their business atleast domestically to satisfy the Country's growing population. More population basically means more mouths to feed.

This the main reason for delaying the shortlisting of the items that we want from India it is just to protect our industry for now n for future this is same way as India is doing with us by placing the tariff barriers because the items that Pakistan is offering to India will/may end up in making the market solely Pakistan dominated for that particular items that will destroy the demand of those items in Indian domestic industry hence the it will end up in having loses in the Country level.As we dont have anything substantial to offer much for now n making of our own domestic industry will inshore that we keep on offering more and more that will secure our future economically both in domestic or if we want to trade or invest in other countries in their market we should have enough money to do so.

3)Yes and india is not talkig to any of the PA generals.and India is not even sure which PA general supports the civilian govt on india issue and which dont support.After all Gen.kiyani wont be head forever like Gen Musharraff.

It is actually all of the countries have gained from Pakistan in reality have contacted the Pak army offer them co-operation in defence n from there they make conditions of transit routes n they give them all the countries who r dependent on Pakistan r doing that.Please notice that all the Countries like China,Turkey,Iran,NATO Countries including America n now Russia all of them have, had or will have in that field. Now about India its very unrealistic n will b like asking for too much:lol:. Then now what can Pakistan army do? well India shore has money n by giving them routes n inviting them to invest which will help build economy of overall country n they can also have their share in Defence Budget of money to develop n research on more weapons to compete in the region n how as the NATO will leave from Afghanistan soon so the assistance that we used to get from there will not b available n like our past experiance we will b sanctioned economically n Militarily thats why we want to develop locally in every field.

4)Foreign policies and foreign relations are not made in the studios of talk shows.

Madam plz watch that show im not a fool to tell u that foreign relations are made in the studios of talk shows. But the questions ur keep on repeating r answered by him. He is yr man not ours his say will contains more wait then me.

5)I've read it all before itself.Let me point it out that you are not the first one to propose those points here there were many here now they got converted to extreme positions.............:lol:

:lol:I cant say about anyone else as I like to mind more my business then going into others matters as I believe in serving Humanity, regardless of the Country, Class, Color, Creed or Religion as our Religion, Islam actually teaches the believers to serve the Humanity Islam says that if u wanna become a Good Muslim u have to become a Good Person first as far as I know seving the Humankind is the best way to become a Good Person in sight of Allah Almighty. Thats exactly what I am doing n I wish to go so till the day I Die as the Philosophy of our Religion revolves around Islam. So I have a believe in myself, I know what i say n I have Eeman to on my Religion n its teachings.

The reason that i can tell u about yr comment as above mentioned is that the atmosphere of this Forum is very Hostile n most of the members seem to be civilian Fanboys from Pakistan n India. Although some are really knowledge people like Last Hope, Pshamim Sahab, Aeronaut n many more most of them seemed professionals n they contribute constructively. Thanks!

U will be surprised to know that we weren't taught about a single war in our history classes n i have studied from CBSE board which is the central board in India n almost every decent school is affiliated with it. Let me summarize our history course for u-

1. History starts from class 6th onwards only n generally ends at class 10th unless u opt for arts which rarely people opt these days

2. Our history starts with Chandraguta n ends with Independence

3. There were praises about Akbar n how he expanded his empire through marriage treaty n wars execpt for Aurangzeb generally all good is taught about others Mughal kings

4. Even in class 10th all i studied in history was about Structural details with regard to Buddhist Stupas, Hindu temples n Muslim Mosques thats all

5. Even history wasn't even a 100 marks subject it just constituted as a part of Social Studies along with Civics n Geography n history contributed 20 marks only

All the knowledge about wars that most Indians have is through Movies, Media, our elders n Internet but our history books r nearly silent about them....:D

Its weird to me that the Greatest Muslim ruler in the History of 800 year of Hindustan is not perceived as he should have been. Although Indian educational system is designed by Molanna Abdul Kalaam Azad n he was a very very sincere Nationalist as well as a Great Alim. Dont know why if its not changed in the Text books since his death as Jamiaat-e- Ulma-e-Hind regard him hightly.

Well let me do some Research on Molanna n Aurangzeb Alamgir n Molanna's thoughts about him n why......I will then b in the right position to answer yr Question

Last edited by a moderator:
Destiny of Indians and Pakistanis is like that of conjoined twins: There is no doubt in my mind there will be a close friendship in future. Only question remains: How long will it take? The longer it takes the more we take away from the wretched poor in both countries.

In concrete terms I think both countries need to have a reset on Kashmir: Look at the entire region as not a source of problem but as an opportunity for friendship! That can only happen when Kashmir is not viewed as a real-estate. Within the LOC=IB model there can be creative solutions to not only give Kashmiris meaningful internal autonomy but also address the water-right issues in rational terms.

Pakistan should give up dreaming of Indian-held Kashmir! It is un-winnable. It is a bitter pill to swallow but that's the way things are going to workout. India, in return, should make sure that water is never used as a weapon and that Kashmiris enjoy maximum possible internal autonomy within Indian Constitution.

Back
Top Bottom