What's new

How can Egypt counter the F35i?

All MiG-29s have night fighting capabilities (both the N-019 radar and OLS-29 are not affected by day/night in any way). Tell the Sudan's defence minister make up more convincing excuses next time

Whether or not its true is irrelevant, even if Sudanese Migs did make the intercept they would have been out of their depth with the Israeli forces.

How is that? Both have pros and cons. Migs had much better T/W ratio for example.

The Mig-21 was certainly marginally better in a dogfight, however, it was short legged, its missile armament was completely ineffective, it didn't hold enough ammunition for its gun. In short (and this is according to EAF pilots at the time) it was not nearly as good as the IDFAF air force Mirage or other fighters.

The F35 has to fly first, and then you can ask Frogman, how Egypt is planning to counter it. By the time, it will reach Israel, it will cost around $200 M per craft.

The F35 has to fly first, and then you can ask Frogman, how Egypt is planning to counter it. By the time, it will reach Israel, it will cost around $200 M per craft.

I'm sure that Israel will have a friendly discount.;)

Very unlikely, that platform (T-50) hasn't been implemented as far as I know. Neither is there an export version. Egypt can't afford that.
And Egypt can afford an F-35 costing $120 million a pop? The T-50 is far cheaper.

Secondly, the F-35 is a lemon. Check it out here...

If at all Israel get a squadron or two of F-35s, it won't be before 2018 or thereabouts.

And Egypt can afford an F-35 costing $120 million a pop? The T-50 is far cheaper.

Secondly, the F-35 is a lemon. Check it out here...

If at all Israel get a squadron or two of F-35s, it won't be before 2018 or thereabouts.

Is there even an export version? Will Russia allow that? I think they may settle for Chinese 5th generation if they do actually consider it and get funding from GCC/Saudi Arabia.

Me thinks that Saudi Arabia doesn't want to use it's money to help Egypt counter Israel. It just wanted to reward army if army pledges loyalty with $3 billion to replace their older fighters.

The way eqypt and arabs are going in silent support of israel against palestine .....one wonders why they need anything to counter f-35....isnt the tilt away from palestine and towards israel enough for them to expect gratitude from later...

one wonders why they need anything to counter f-35..

Egypt would get nothing from West to counter F-35s, merely getting a platform is not enough when you do not have weapons like AIM-9X and AIM-120C. Possibility of PAK-FA is there but infront of F-35 with vastly superior package and Number it won't stand up also EAF can't afford high tech aircrafts in good numbers.

Egypt would get nothing from West to counter F-35s, merely getting a platform is not enough when you do not have weapons like AIM-9X and AIM-120C. Possibility of PAK-FA is there but infront of F-35 with vastly superior package and Number it won't stand up also EAF can't afford high tech aircrafts in good numbers.
i think they will go to china also US already damaged them with no amraam even they buy 200 F16s boss

i think they will go to china also US already damaged them with no amraam even they buy 200 F16s boss

Hi, I doubt China would offer them J-31 or similar Aircraft not before they buy something in good numbers like FC-1/JF-17 this is how marketing should be. Again J-31 or similar type could land in hands of israelis and US. My take would be they'll have to get 4+ Gen from China before they even imagine of Chinese 5th Gen but russians would also not hand over loans based 5th Gen Egypt would have to work hard and pay from their own coffers not always live on Aid for weapons.

Israel is due to receive at least a batch of 20 initial F35 fighters in the near future.

This will give them a real advantage in the air. How can Egypt adapt to this threat? Will the MiG35 cut it?

Give me your analysis of what Egypt should take into account in the future. What it should invest in as well.

@Frogman @Dino R. @Skorpian @Mahmoud_EGY

Should it invest more into missile defense systems?
First Egypt should open its border with Gaza....Then, fighting with Israel will make sense.

Hi, I doubt China would offer them J-31 or similar Aircraft not before they buy something in good numbers like FC-1/JF-17 this is how marketing should be. Again J-31 or similar type could land in hands of israelis and US. My take would be they'll have to get 4+ Gen from China before they even imagine of Chinese 5th Gen but russians would also not hand over loans based 5th Gen Egypt would have to work hard and pay from their own coffers not always live on Aid for weapons.
sir china is looking forward in africa and sgypt i believe china will never let it go . abut JF-17 fc-1 egypt was looking at it but then things went down and egyption politics didn't come at stable since then . for 5th gen sir every country will move to it one day . i believe they will have this tech sooner or letter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom