What's new

How can Egypt counter the F35i?

sir china is looking forward in africa and sgypt i believe china will never let it go . abut JF-17 fc-1 egypt was looking at it but then things went down and egyption politics didn't come at stable since then . for 5th gen sir every country will move to it one day . i believe they will have this tech sooner or letter

I Agree in such a region where israel and Turkey are going to be equipped with most modern Jets, Egypt would need to move forward but both PAK-FA/Chinese aircraft could not be offered between time period 2025-2030 for technical reasons apart from that money would have to come from Egypt non is going to provide softloans for Next Gen not to Egypt not to Pakistan.
In my view Mig-35 is a worst deal they just killed F-16 fleet because the current tensions between US and Russian are at height, ordering Mig-35 is cutting spares and support of F-16 that is 200+ F-16s are at stake big and stupid risky decision.

The ideal decision would have been FC-1/JF-17 Block III and Later Block IV for verity of reasons and US would not have been alarmed what could have come next in form of Block IV that were are hearing dimond nose cone and other improvements to the airframe who knows Block IV gets a small internal weapons bay to station 2-3 SD-10s or some pod stealth to carry 3-4 SD-10s...those FC-1s could be used in verity of situations bang for the buck under 45m and replaces atleast 8 squadrons straight including Mig-21/F-7/Mirage V. Lets see in next 5 Years.

Egypt would get nothing from West to counter F-35s, merely getting a platform is not enough when you do not have weapons like AIM-9X and AIM-120C. Possibility of PAK-FA is there but infront of F-35 with vastly superior package and Number it won't stand up also EAF can't afford high tech aircrafts in good numbers.

luftwaffe mate i was being sarcastic ;in retrospect of israel's attack on plaestine and egypt's stance ...just re-read my post

luftwaffe mate i was being sarcastic ;in retrospect of israel's attack on plaestine and egypt's stance ...just re-read my post

No prob man, I am just giving complete picture/scenario and possibility and reality.

Remember though all of these missile defense systems would be needed in the Sinai desert. Which is flat desert.
Long and medium range mobile ones do not need to be deployed in the Sinai desert, just near it, the short range ones should be mobile and cover the land forces on the battle field against low flying enemie's ground attack planes.

Sir USA will never sell same standarded F 35 which they are giving to Israel so Arabs have only Russia or china left at your proposal

I think the best choice for Egypt is Rafale

Why not Eurofighter and do joint maintenance with KSA?
Typhoon is very good and superior than Rafale
but i have problem with this plane it has many parts from different europe countries so Egypt must pressure politically in many directions to buy typhoon and that exhausting
but most of Rafale components are french and Egypt has previous collaboration with France

Last edited:
Update:
Egypt got the S-300V long range Air defence, Tor medium range and Pantsir short range, It is also getting 52 Mi-35 with AESA radars and BVR capability, 24 Rafale with option for 12 more all with with AESA radars and BVR capability and 29 SU-XX obviously with AESA radars and BVR capability..
Even if all of these doesn't match he stealth in the 5th generation F-35, it makes the Egyptian airforce and Air defences much more effective than without them.. Egypt saw that the gap in technology with Usrael was getting bigger and it did the right move to at least get the AESA radars and BVR capabilities in its fleet of fighter aircrafts, since none of its F-16s had an AESA radar and quite a limited BVR capability with older AMRAAMs of some 60 km range..Things are changing now and discussions are going on with the US to upgrade a portion of the Egyptian F-16 fleet to the V version..

Last edited:
Egypt is one of the few countries in the arab word i admire the most along with Jordan and Lebanon, they are not the kind of countries you wanna mess with, so even if you have the f35. or whatever super duper weapons you don't wanna mess with the pharaohs :enjoy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom