What's new

How Bias in Text books fuels division in Pakistani society

you were defending teaching
show me where I was ...Kindly keep your own judgement to yourself and stop embarrassing yourself!

No you didn't, you just picked up one comma or one full-stop. Discuss entire article one by one starting from the first one if you wish to.
And you didnt even read the article...Since you admitted you were trolling what use is me reading an article you never read but got excited by the title- something google did for you!

There are articles from 2015 also mentioning the same thing, are these articles false? Do you want me to re-post those articles for your convenience?
I already replied to the 1st set which you havent read...Read them first

I was talking about your hypocrisy.
And I was quoting it for all to see :enjoy:

I never knew this forum has so many mods..anyone still left out @Akheilos ? And who is trolling, I gave you half a dozen video links of Pakistani TV debates so far on this issue, and you replied that you don't watch talk shows, who is trolling here @Akheilos ?
I replied to the articles but did you read the articles? Look whose trolling when they post articles they havent read to magically defend their stand! :woot:

Now you are saying that the course has been changed, and you are all for it.
I am only pointing out the course has changed...Show me where I said I am all for it?

Why are you reading what you wish even when I typed no such thing!

Since you admitted you were trolling

And where did I admit it?

And I was quoting it for all to see

See what? Your hypocrisy? First you said there is no such issue to begin with, then you said the issue has been resolved in 2011, now you are not interested even in 2015 articles highlighting the same issue.

And I have posted some more links and videos for you in the previous page, all apparently after 2011.

You want me to re-post those numerous 2015 articles to show you that the issue still persists?

What you do in USA has nothing to do with the topic in this thread, Sir.

I think it does. The cunning enemy does not magically get converted from being a green leprechaun to a tooth fairy. They remain the same people. In other words, you should travel the world and see more of it.

show me where I was ...Kindly keep your own judgement to yourself and stop embarrassing yourself!

And you didnt even read the article...Since you admitted you were trolling what use is me reading an article you never read but got excited by the title- something google did for you!

I already replied to the 1st set which you havent read...Read them first

And I was quoting it for all to see :enjoy:

I replied to the articles but did you read the articles? Look whose trolling when they post articles they havent read to magically defend their stand! :woot:

I am only pointing out the course has changed...Show me where I said I am all for it?

Why are you reading what you wish even when I typed no such thing!

Yes, yes...I understand. Show me this, prove me that. Look, I already told you I get confused very easily. On one hand is the fact that from Page 1-Page 5 of this thread, all your responses are the same - that Christians also teach their principles in convents, Western students are taught Christian concepts, etc., so why is it a crime to teach kids in Pakistan about Islam and its glory? On the other hand is your volte-face in the last few pages that the syllabus has been changed in the last few years that that is what you have been saying all along. Add to that your latest googly - that who-said-you-are-okay-with-that-which-you-are-citing-as-the-principle-argument-in-your-defence. You are rejecting all the references provided on the ground that they are pre-reform.

So now I am really confused, you see. How to reconcile these conflicting positions? Cognitive dissonance is setting in at this point - I think it is a communicable disease that I have contacted from you!

PS. No I will not "show" or "prove" anything to you. You take everyone on this forum for a fool. Anyone can simply go to the first few pages and read what you wrote. And I know, getting exposed like this does not bother you in the least.

Just coz you didnt go through it doesnt mean you can speak for each school...
2ndly I dont know why when one speaks of EDUCATION SYSTEM they remove the private schools when if you look up the definition of any education system both public and private are included!
You have misunderstood my whole post. And you have to understand public and private schools are fairly different to one another.

And kindly do not deny that SOME curriculum do include WORLD RELIGIONS and that in itself is teaching religion....I never said they thought 1 religion...Just religion even in world history...

World Religions is a class which is not compulsorily but more of an elective. Besides religion classes teach all world religions not just one.

Then why is everyone denying private school examples? Claiming what private schools do is in their own domain when I am also talking about private schools and have mentioned it specifically coz I didnt go to a Public school to talk about it!

The article is discussing public schools. Here's a startling revelation for you, private schools are not funded by the government and hence do not have to follow the public curriculum. Yet despite this, you will find many private schools which are largely secular and not intent on inducing religion into their curriculum. Schools run by religious institutions like Catholic schools are also private.

Contradicting yourself where you say the article IS ABOUT BOTH systems but dont talk about 1 talk about the one people wish to bash :unsure:

I didnt use the word compulsory I said they do teach...Why so defensive?

And yet Catholic schools DO MAKE UP part of the Private schools as well as PART OF THE EDUCATION SYSTEM which is being discussed!

You have failed to understand this part hence I wont even bother with trying to clarify myself.

Was being insensitive also thought in Canada or is that your specialty?

Mind you it is also taught as fact in Christian schools so why bash 1 and spare the other?

What is also thought is this line which fits you best: to you your own belief and to me my own!

I seem to have offended you and hurt your precious feelings. Christian schools like Islamic schools can teach their students whatever they like, they are not funded by the government (atleast in most of the West).

It took west a long time to grasp that (if I recall the 2 crusades lasted more than 100 yrs) would take time for East to adapt to your whims!
Majority of the East bar most Islamic states have already adopted to the present times. It is only failed states such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan etc which lag behind the rest of the world.

And with people like you presenting shit about Madrassah we already see how people feel about it....
It is a fact that madrassas breed terrorists. If it was upto me I would destroy every single madrassa in Pakistan.

Your opinion...Why force it down on some people when you wish not people force their opinion down your throat? Why do something you hate and criticize others of doing?

Not forcing my opinion on you and nor am I delusional enough to believe you will change your mindset due to my post. It is obvious that the education system in Pakistan is abysmal.Students are taught lies and are force fed propaganda and hatred. In order for Pakistan to become a tolerant and peaceful society, it will have to let go of the extremism and hatred which is taught in its schools.

apart from informing us that you were a bad student who remembers nothing from his school textbooks
I think that I know more about the mindset of an average Pakistani student than you(who seem ignorant of that basic fact). If you think of other average Pakistanis as bright students who remember everything taught to them in Islamiat, Urdu or Pakistan studies a few years ago then go and ask them some questions from their textbooks yourself----It is most of the time learn by rote system followed by children here in Pakistan. They forget most of the things after the passage of a few years and then their other worries start(Earning bread for the family), then they forget the so called hate material. You sire on the other hand think that they have been indoctrinated enough that their only worry is to blow up their enemy LOL.
As for the textbooks, everything written there is 100% for the good of the country. We need Pakistani nationalism and Islamic ideology indoctrinated into our youth. The Indian youth are far more hostile towards Pakistan than our youth are towards their country---we must counter Indian aggression everywhere, here on pdf as well. (You can join hands with Indians if you want to, no one will stop you).
. While they may be cunning in making money and writing PHD thesis, they seem otherwise quite harmless to me
Welcome to pdf. Kindly observe Indian trolling and hate here and do observe the myths about Pakistan which they believe are true.
And what positive info have you added to this thread
Newbie! I have added a lot of positive info to pdf as a whole with original work while you can only at best join up with some Bharti and bash your own country.

See 6th topic from the bottom on the CRSS website. It's in pdf format. Download and read.

Research Reports and Books - CRSS Pakistan
Tell people that the day YOU YOURSELF have read it! :tup:

I think that I know more about the mindset of an average Pakistani student than you(who seem ignorant of that basic fact). If you think of other average Pakistanis as bright students who remember everything taught to them in Islamiat, Urdu or Pakistan studies a few years ago then go and ask them some questions from their textbooks yourself----It is most of the time learn by rote system followed by children here in Pakistan. They forget most of the things after the passage of a few years and then their other worries start(Earning bread for the family), then they forget the so called hate material. You sire on the other hand think that they have been indoctrinated enough that their only worry is to blow up their enemy LOL.
As for the textbooks, everything written there is 100% for the good of the country. We need Pakistani nationalism and Islamic ideology indoctrinated into our youth. The Indian youth are far more hostile towards Pakistan than our youth are towards their country---we must counter Indian aggression everywhere, here on pdf as well. (You can join hands with Indians if you want to, no one will stop you).

Welcome to pdf. Kindly observe Indian trolling and hate here and do observe the myths about Pakistan which they believe are true.

Newbie! I have added a lot of positive info to pdf as a whole with original work while you can only at best join up with some Bharti and bash your own country.
I have a feeling he is indian....The remarkable level of ignorance ...

You have misunderstood my whole post. And you have to understand public and private schools are fairly different to one another.
I am aware that they are different, no one misunderstood your post. However, you did cherry pick mine when you stated private schooling is different...but when you talk of or question the education system, private schooling DOES come in!

World Religions is a class which is not compulsorily but more of an elective. Besides religion classes teach all world religions not just one.
1) In most schools it is not an elective.
2) Yes it teaches all the world religion but the debate being dragged was solely about religion being taught or all being thrown out!

The article is discussing public schools. Here's a startling revelation for you, private schools are not funded by the government and hence do not have to follow the public curriculum. Yet despite this, you will find many private schools which are largely secular and not intent on inducing religion into their curriculum. Schools run by religious institutions like Catholic schools are also private.
It may be a "startling revelation" to you but not to me....I am well aware regarding funding....

You have failed to understand this part hence I wont even bother with trying to clarify myself.
Which part exactly? I showed you what you failed to understand and stop putting your words and presenting them as what I said!
When you talk and wish to bash a system please do consider the system itself is a big entity it is not made up of what you wish to see while ignore what you dont wish to see....

I seem to have offended you and hurt your precious feelings. Christian schools like Islamic schools can teach their students whatever they like, they are not funded by the government (atleast in most of the West).
No offense but you keep repeating one 1 thing over and over ....and I keep correcting you over and over...

For the last time when you talk of the EDUCATION SYSTEM, you should include BOTH public and private...You cant give a blind eye to one just coz it doesnt fit your bashing spree!

Majority of the East bar most Islamic states have already adopted to the present times. It is only failed states such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan etc which lag behind the rest of the world.
Ahh indian calling himself a karachiite...No Pakistani I know calls his own land as a failed state :tsk:
Do name those states which are Islamic and have barred as you claimed....

It is a fact that madrassas breed terrorists. If it was upto me I would destroy every single madrassa in Pakistan
Good thing it is not up to you!

Most madrassahs are doing what the govt failed to do - i.e. provide basic literacy to its students (ability to read, write and count) free of charge as well as provide lodging and food...No one does need to question where the madrassah gets soo much funding to do what the govt failed to do!

2ndly, NOT ALL madrassahs are the same....Though I agree prob 90% are plain rubbish and should either be monitered strictly and their funding accessed but then again whoever would be in the committee would prob be purchasable for a small price to let the funding and madarassah run again ....

Not forcing my opinion on you and nor am I delusional enough to believe you will change your mindset due to my post.
lolz...kindly keep your psychological projection to yourself...It is not me who is making sweeping statements like this:
If it was upto me I would destroy every single madrassa in Pakistan.
without taking an individual case like...Basically what you are claiming is suited for you that you are the one with the fixed/ non- changeable mindset!

the education system in Pakistan is abysmal.
And again with your fixed mindset you are back to square one...

Do define a system and type anywhere EDUCATION SYSTEM you will see them talking of BOTH public and private...only on PDF can people cherry pick like this and then accuse the other of what they themselves are doing!

The thread has been trolled by indians just for the sake of bashing Pakistan....as per their hobby...

they are not even sure what they wish to discuss
1 min they are throwing all religion out of schooling systems next min they are favouring 1 religion over the other
1 min they are talking about Pakistani Schooling system next min they are ignoring private schools which do make a part of the "SYSTEM"
1 min they are talking about Pakistan next min they are talking about the world
1 min they are showing articles saying reforms were made, txt books were edited while in the next post or even in the same post they desperately pick up articles way before they were born...

What indian has to do with our education system .. i am wondering why come here to support those who are against our education system...
There is nothing wrong with our Education system.. if any one wanna change then change into Islamic education our math science physic and every other subject sud have our Islamic scholars who were more and strong muslims than what we producing...
focus sud be to have kids stronger faith on Allah first then learn everything so later that kid will support our community and country within or out of country.

Yes, yes...I understand. Show me this, prove me that. Look, I already told you I get confused very easily. On one hand is the fact that from Page 1-Page 5 of this thread, all your responses are the same - that Christians also teach their principles in convents, Western students are taught Christian concepts, etc., so why is it a crime to teach kids in Pakistan about Islam and its glory? On the other hand is your volte-face in the last few pages that the syllabus has been changed in the last few years that that is what you have been saying all along. Add to that your latest googly - that who-said-you-are-okay-with-that-which-you-are-citing-as-the-principle-argument-in-your-defence. You are rejecting all the references provided on the ground that they are pre-reform.

So now I am really confused, you see. How to reconcile these conflicting positions? Cognitive dissonance is setting in at this point - I think it is a communicable disease that I have contacted from you!

PS. No I will not "show" or "prove" anything to you. You take everyone on this forum for a fool. Anyone can simply go to the first few pages and read what you wrote. And I know, getting exposed like this does not bother you in the least.
Typical unapproachable person!

You are soo stubborn with your lack of knowledge and understanding of the basic and are refusing to even read! And the very fact you said you wont prove anything ends the discussion right there!

You sir, are a retard. PDF is the only forum that can tolerate people like you.

And where did I admit it?

See what? Your hypocrisy? First you said there is no such issue to begin with, then you said the issue has been resolved in 2011, now you are not interested even in 2015 articles highlighting the same issue.

And I have posted some more links and videos for you in the previous page, all apparently after 2011.

You want me to re-post those numerous 2015 articles to show you that the issue still persists?
I said no such issue yes, coz it is being resolved so it shouldnt be there...You picking articles from 2005 posts shows your desperation to troll!

And I have shown you havent even read what you post...You are relying on the titles....A quick scan will even show you an article of 2010 in your claimed posts from after 2011

Anyway I have reported you and your posts to GHQ...let them give you the medal for trolling!

Post-Zia doctoring of educational curriculum in Pakistan has had devastating ramifications for the world, and especially the sub-continent. Pakistani society should reflect on the long-term consequences of hate-mongering and poisoning the minds of gullible and impressionable children. School is where children go to gain knowledge, not to be immersed in propaganda.

lol whos talking about this tolerate society.. do i have to mention recent incidence why this 50 year old man got killed by mob
Babri masjdi
Golden tempel
Christian got burn alive in churches..
Kashmir..
Assam
how RSS wants every one to convert into HINDU.
redical sec of the society came into power
terrorist become PM once who were not allowed to visit or enter US..
dang...
you rather work on your society then talk about Pakistani division...

I am not complaining about it, my issue is with someone
and here is the admitting! So basically you arent interested in a discussion but in shooting the msgr who wont agree with you! :tup:

What indian has to do with our education system .. i am wondering why come here to support those who are against our education system...
There is nothing wrong with our Education system.. if any one wanna change then change into Islamic education our math science physic and every other subject sud have our Islamic scholars who were more and strong muslims than what we producing...
focus sud be to have kids stronger faith on Allah first then learn everything so later that kid will support our community and country within or out of country.
They have a problem with the very existence of Pakistan so sure they will find problems where they dont exist just for our entertainment purposes ...get some :pop: and enjoy the show ;)

The type of language you use in your post shows your grasp of the issue at hand. A madrasah would be better suited for your little sermon. So kindly take it there.

lol whos talking about this tolerate society.. do i have to mention recent incidence why this 50 year old man got killed by mob
Babri masjdi
Golden tempel
Christian got burn alive in churches..
Kashmir..
Assam
how RSS wants every one to convert into HINDU.
redical sec of the society came into power
terrorist become PM once who were not allowed to visit or enter US..
dang...
you rather work on your society then talk about Pakistani division...

You can cite random (mostly false) examples all you wish. The systematic annihilation of minorities from Hindus to Christians and Ahmediyas in Pakistan is for the whole world to see.

Back
Top Bottom