What's new

How Bias in Text books fuels division in Pakistani society

-Article : AP — UPDATED OCT 01, 2014 08:27PM

I answered this on this very thread...kindly do stop going in circles:
Here is the source and you will see it repeating everywhere but no report found....
- Wednesday, October 07, 2015

And where is the so called report:

- Monday 18 May 2009 12.05 BST
Who are the experts (are they the same ones from 2005?):

Nit picking small points seems to be a habit of some:
Had there been a topic on Christianity it would have formed another article...

the same people who claim no religion should be part of curriculum are actually objecting to no mention of Christianity? :unsure:

Throwing in assumptions :

Not at all an article worth reading!
I have answered to this general Zia phobia numerous times on various threads! :tsk:

I clicked on "here" and the report doesnt exist ...Not sure who is referring to what sources!

-
JANUARY 21, 2009

Very authentic indeed...I am sure they are as butthurt as you regarding Christianity not mentioned CSM stands for the Christian Science Monitor....
and do look at their reference:

is a Pakistani nuclear physicist, essayist and national security analyst. He taught at the Quaid-e-Azam Universityphysics department for 40 years before becoming a professor of Physics and Mathematics at Forman Christian College University in Lahore where he currently teaches.

With such credentials he publishes stuff like this: Dr. Hoodbhoy is the author of Islam and Science: Religious Orthodoxy and the Battle for Rationality,

Do you go to a butcher to ask you make a suit for your wedding?

- August 18, 2005
Are you that desperate you had to dig out 2005 article? :o:

All without reference of where they got their knowledge or are spreading propaganda?
-
Published: April 14, 2011

So what you presented before 2011 isnt valid :

Did you even read ANY of the articles or just got excited due to the titles?

VERY DESPERATE IT SEEMS! Posting based on title without looking at the article!

What's your problem with the dates? All these articles ranging from 2005 to 2015 only shows that the issue is an old one.

I am not interested to discuss on one sentence, one word, one full-stop, one comma that you pick, discuss the full articles and TV debates starting from number 1 to number 14 if you wish to discuss it. Or just mention "True", "False" or "I don't know" for each of it....or just say all these are false and get done with it. In any case I am least bothered about the nonsense Pakistan teaches its children, but in your case you are denying the whole issue.

What's your problem with the dates? All these articles ranging from 2005 to 2015 only shows that the issue is an old one.
or that its a habitual rant based on 2 old reports- 1 of which doesnt exist on the web :o:

Talk about the authenticity!

2nd problem is that it was claimed - even in the articles you posted that reform started in 2011 and they talked about what was changed!

So a blind eye to updated answers is actually reflecting your denial to want to know the truth and you satisfaction of living a lie!

am not interested to discuss on one sentence, one word, one full-stop, one comma that you pick, discuss the full articles and TV debates starting from number 1 to number 14 if you wish to discuss it. Or just mention "True", "False" or "I don't know" for each of it....or just say all these are false and get done with it. In any case I am least bothered about the nonsense Pakistan teaches its children, but in your case you are denying the whole issue.
Even you have not read the 150+ page report nor the 27 page report!

So how should I discuss anything with you? THAT and the very fact you are satisfied not wanting to know the updated version post 2011 even after posting it!

The best thing to do is to get hold of the books, scan them and put up the new sections.
Yes...But right now I need to also wake people up that hello stop quoting pre 2011 reports!

And to indians to stop getting excited regarding the BS propagated pre 2011...or even new articles which are quoting an article which is further quoting a report that doesnt exist! Or those articles which quote the 2005 report instead of something post 2011 - basically people are spreading lies (knowing or unknowingly I dont know)

or that its a habitual rant based on 2 old reports- 1 of which doesnt exist on the web :o:

Talk about the authenticity!

2nd problem is that it was claimed - even in the articles you posted that reform started in 2011 and they talked about what was changed!

So a blind eye to updated answers is actually reflecting your denial to want to know the truth and you satisfaction of living a lie!

So are you saying that all those news articles and TV debates are false? Yes or no?

Even you have not read the 150+ page report nor the 27 page report!

Do one thing, press ctrl+f and search for the words "Hate" and "Religious", you will get the portions relevant to the topic here, read those portions.

updated version post 2011

There are articles after 2011 also..check again.

So you are saying that all those news articles and TV debates are false? Yes or no?
I am giving you detailed replies and not a yes or no....When your life is not as simple as a yes or no why expect another to reduce their answers to a yes or no?

Do one thing, press ctrl+f and search for the word "Hate" and "Religious", you will get the portions relevant to the topic here, read those portions.
Is that how you read?

And the audacity to preach this shit to me:

I am not interested to discuss on one sentence, one word, one full-stop, one comma that you pick, discuss the full articles and TV debates starting from number 1 to number 14 if you wish to discuss it

There are articles after 2011 also..check again.
Read my replies...I have replied each...quote them and tell me what you find wrong with it...If not go pass your time in some other thread and stop trolling here if you dont want to work on YOUR reply!

Sir, what you call hatred and bigotry may appear to be awareness of a cunning enemy and religious beliefs to others. Formation and revision of a national curriculum must take into account all sorts of viewpoints, given the goals and given the mechanisms available for the local population.

The cunning enemy, aha! Here in the States I interact with the cunning enemy every day. While they may be cunning in making money and writing PHD thesis, they seem otherwise quite harmless to me. Maybe I too, have been fooled by their cunningness?!

The cunning enemy, aha! Here in the States I interact with the cunning enemy every day. While they may be cunning in making money and writing PHD thesis, they seem otherwise quite harmless to me. Maybe I too, have been fooled by their cunningness?!

What you do in USA has nothing to do with the topic in this thread, Sir.

So expressing one's opinion on the OP classifies as trolling? That's a news for me.
And for your kind facking information, I never mentioned or quoted you in my post so why did you bother to quote my harmless post and reply in the form of cr@p?
I do not need certification of sanity from an Indian who is so obsessed with Pakistan that he makes an id on Pakistani forum and then posts a typical thread on Pakistan's internal affairs(which should be none of his concerns) to feel good. As for me, I have spent quite some time on this forum and have posted my own work in threads opened by me instead of opening threads with intent to bash a specific country.
Anyways, there is no point to engage in a useless debate, on a useless thread, with a useless person(you).
Don't give yourself the inconvenience to quote me further as I won't reply. Ta ta.

(No harm intended)

Well said :tup:

And what positive info have you added to this thread, if I may ask, apart from informing us that you were a bad student who remembers nothing from his school textbooks, giving a nonsensical and tenuous reason for treating all education to be equally dubious, and calling this thread "useless"?

Again, one side's harm may be another side's benefit. That is where international geopolitics comes into play between sovereign nations, as always.

That, I am afraid, is an adversarial, zero-sum-game world-view. This should end with our generation and not allowed to poison our children.

Someone claiming that all these are false
@waz this is 3rd time this same man is accusing me of something he doesnt understand!

questioning articles
so that is a problem...Sorry this isnt india where you cant question something presented to you!

Why I SAY THAT coz the question was:

what seems to be the problem

I am just giving that person proof.
without reading it and eventually answering yourself :tsk:

Wrong analogy, Sir. Please look at the situation between South Korea and Japan and China over different perceptions about material in their respective textbooks and how they try to resolve them.

But why is the analogy wrong? From what I know of contentions regarding school syllabi in Japan/China, it is exclusively over distortion of history, more specifically over WWII. But teaching bigotry and hatred does lead to genocides such as the holocaust. The Ahmeddiyyas would testify to that.

Back
Top Bottom