What's new

How Americans view other countries: Gallup Poll

You dont care.. but the thread is about how they care..

Consider this... you walk into a bar in LA, ....when they realise you are from canada, 92 people out of the 100 sitting in the bar will say.. hi buddy care for a bloody mary .. just 6 guys will be giving u a stare..

But if u say u are from north korea or Iran , most guys there will give u a stare and make u a bloody mary..and the rest of the 10 people who are favorable will call 911 or an ambulance.. its simple .. u see..

:lol: good analogy, but obviously their opinion isn't that polarized.

I was completely surprised that 68% of americans are in favble opinion of israel.

It all depends on what sort of people participated in the survey. This one looks like was done by University students. Thats why you see sorta left leaning in the opinions and abhorrence for those who they think are associated with violence.

Which pole? north pole or south pole?? :what:

Hah i meant as in, just cause 92% say they have unfavorable opinions about Iran doesn't mean they absolutely hate Iran. Hope am not being captain obvious here:lol:

Congrats to indians!

Now americans like u......:rofl:

LOL ... Colonial mentality.

You dont care.. but the thread is about how they care..

Consider this... you walk into a bar in LA, ....when they realise you are from canada, 92 people out of the 100 sitting in the bar will say.. hi buddy care for a bloody mary .. just 6 guys will be giving u a stare..

But if u say u are from north korea or Iran , most guys there will give u a stare and make u a bloody mary..and the rest of the 10 people who are favorable will call 911 or an ambulance.. its simple .. u see..

Not really, they have problems with the governments, not the people. There isn't any noticeable discrimination against North Koreans or Iranians living in the US.

Well India is looked at as an ancient civilization, land gurus, land of smart people that knows how to use computers, huge poverty, etc. Rising democracy, yoga, etc, etc, etc... Basically harmless.

Pakistan and Afghanistan, well they have a bad image.

China big bad rising commies.. New USSR.. rawr.. But China still did a lot better then I thought.

I hope your history teacher did tell you where your and my former colonial rulers actually came from.

And no I'm not talking about Bin Qasim.

Certainly not america......Nor do we take pride abt it unlike our indian frnds(take a look at "cities during colonial era" thread)..........Nor do we jump with joy when we hear US likes us or not:lol:

P.S=For the rant... Only a moron would call Bin qasim a coloniser...... Who came to save a muslim women in stress.

Funny thing is tht the first mosque he built in sindh is now destroyed(its gate n walls can be seen)...... but the ancient hindu temple near it is untouched.... Funny isnt it?

@Benny:
YouTube - Destruction - the USA (Exploited Cover)

A small post by some one in the last gallup poll
Hahaha let wannabe supower power india top we want to be last...seriously folks the reality is no one give a dam about India , this is a rude wake up call for the self proclaim world super power india

I think favourable and respected are still two different concepts. Americans like Canadians but we are still largely though to be insignificant in the world. Thus it is why we ranked 10 on the list of importance and 1st in likability.

If India aspires to be a world power, this is hardly the place you'd want to be (not to mention it still smack of a colonial need for approval)

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly not america......Nor do we take pride abt it unlike our indian frnds(take a look at "cities during colonial era" thread)..........Nor do we jump with joy when we hear US like us or not:lol:

@Benny:
YouTube - Destruction - the USA (Exploited Cover)

First tell me something. Is Pakistan even a sovereign country anymore? For AFAIK, a sovereign country makes its own policies and when it comes to that, we all know who's in charge in Pakistan.

Hence I'll take this jab of 'Colonial Mentality', coming as it does from a Pakistani, with a pinch of salt.

Back
Top Bottom