What's new

Horrifying fate of leaders '74

318449_10150343505021953_560661952_8530094_283147879_n.jpg

Sadaam ? he wasnt part of that league

this thread proves if you don't have superpower patron or you are not big power or nuclear power you should not mess with US.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

even might powers like India take careful approach when dealing with US.

muammar-gaddafi-dead-ambulance.jpg

[video]http://www.hotonline.net/2011/10/the-life-and-death-of-colonel-muammar-gaddafi/[/video]

this thread proves if you don't have superpower patron or you are not big power or nuclear power you should not mess with US.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

even might powers like India take careful approach when dealing with US.

Then why is Iran messing with USA.

Then why is Iran messing with USA.

if they keep messing with US be sure they will be next

however if they succeed to get hand on N card they off coarse US will think ten times before attacking Iran

What new Libyan Government give Message to our Nation and USA and other country....

Your understanding of Hinduism & Buddhist teachings is both limited & uni-dimensional.

You’re right, I do not have intricate knowledge of Hinduism and/or Budhism; BUT I never claimed that any sort of expertise. I’m a scholar, not a master. But if some two-bit dodo alleges me of something that I have not done and bad mouths my religion, I have the right to give him a piece of my mind. That’s what I did.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Hinduism, unlike Abrahamic religions does not have a single source/book that absolutely needs to be followed.

I already know that. Again never claimed to have read the whole of Puranas, Vedas, Bhagwat Gita/Purana.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

While you clearly have some knowledge of the vedas, you seem to either not know/ignore the teachings of the Upanishads which take the discussion completely on a different plane.

I have rudimentary knowledge of the Upanishads, and no I’m not ignoring them. They offer a rather unique and complex philosophy about self and spirit among other things. It is indeed significant and beautiful, albeit difficult to fathom and sometimes conflicting, but so are the philosophies of Muslim sages. It requires immense discipline to study both.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I agree that most Hindus do not follow either the vedas or the upanishads following instead a Puranic + Bhakthi version; that is simply how Hinduism has evolved.

I’m sorry, I do not agree here. The essence of religion is that it must NOT evolve. Evolution in religion usually becomes perversion and contaminates the original ideas. That has also happened to Hinduism, Christianity and to certain extent to Islam. Innovations may be good but in most cases it isn’t so in the case of religion.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

The teachings of the Upanishads/Buddha would be in direct opposition to any of the Abrahamic religions (they would also be in contrast to what most Hindus/Buddhists practice). However you must realise that you are judging practices of religions of a completely different type by standards that are used only in Abrahamic religions & not in either Hinduism or Buddhism which allows for evolution of thought (regardless of claims in individual scriptures).

You may be right, I’m still exploring. Thank you for your advise, will keep in in my mind in my further study of the religion. But again, as I put last time, I feel that IF a religion is indeed Devine, then the majority of its tenents need to be same. More cohesion rather than severance. That, I also feel in the need of the times.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

The Buddha especially was clear that he only showed a path & that people should chose their own ways to keep moving forward. To try & judge practices by standards not inherent in these religions leads only to a flawed understanding of the same. I think that the religions of Hinduism & Buddhism (also Jainism) are so completely different from Abrahamic religions that those followers of Abrahamic religions who try to obtain an understanding of the eastern religions fail because they look for contexts & similarities within their own understanding of religion, bound as they are by the cultural & religious experiences of a monotheistic faith.

The practices of a religion are personification of the faith itself. Hence the two cannot be separated. I don’t think that the Abrahamic faiths are very different from original Hinduism. I sometimes feel that Hinduism and Budhism may NOT have been polytheistic in their genesis. Budha never taught his disciples to make stautues out of him and worship them. In the Puranas, it is also mentioned that to give a material shape to Ishwar is not allowed. Similarities is always a good ground to understanding, however one cannot expect homoginity of all releigions, if that were the case, there wouldn’t be so many religions to begin with. I can also say that the Eastern religions have failed to understand Islam. As is the basis of this debate, when Mr. Tsherring started twisting the verses of Quran for the purpose of creating miscreance for obvious reasons.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Not all religions are the same; the word itself may be inappropriate to label some of these varied teachings, ending up being used simply for the lack of a better explanation.

(btw, your reference to the Mahabharata as a war between good & evil is both flawed & lacks appreciation of that complex epic; there being no context of absolute evil & absolute good in Hinduism.)

Don’t take my reference to Mahabharat in Isolation. I agree that it is not possible to segregate good and evil in it. I can quote examples, but since I agree with you on the point, it is not required. What I meant was that even in Mahabharat, the whole debate is about righteousness and were meant to neutralize Tshering’s mud flings. In the end, any religion is exactly about that, follow the right path. The modus operandi may be different, but no religion teaches otherwise.
All in all, thank you for your post, it will indeed help me understand Hinduism with a new stratum. May I Pm you sometimes in the same connection if you are amenable?

I’m sorry, I do not agree here. The essence of religion is that it must NOT evolve. Evolution in religion usually becomes perversion and contaminates the original ideas. That has also happened to Hinduism, Christianity and to certain extent to Islam. Innovations may be good but in most cases it isn’t so in the case of religion.

Why not? That again is derived from your own experience with religion & has no real connection with Hindu/Buddhist/Jain thought. Of these three, only in Hinduism is there any divinity attributed to any of the teachings with the Vedas being held as revealed texts even though nowhere in the Vedas themselves is that actual claim made. Buddhist & Jain teachings don't claim any divinity (they can't, because they are largely atheistic religions as was Hinduism in its Upanishads avatar)

Evolution cannot happen only if the teachings of a faith are held up as divine which would mean they are immutable. Hinduism has evolved considerably and while you can argue that it may not always have been for the better, it must be remembered that the same evolutionary qualities helped it to evolve into the modern age jettisoning much of the historical baggage that it carried
Whether it is perversion or otherwise is purely a subjective view point.

You may be right, I’m still exploring. Thank you for your advise, will keep in in my mind in my further study of the religion. But again, as I put last time, I feel that IF a religion is indeed Devine, then the majority of its tenents need to be same. More cohesion rather than severance. That, I also feel in the need of the times.

Divinity is more important in the Abrahamic religions as I have already mentioned. Searching for commonality is in my view a fool's errand; there will be as much differences in actual practice as commonality in basic theory (even that is debatable; since eastern religions have a large atheistic streak running through them)
The practices of a religion are personification of the faith itself. Hence the two cannot be separated. I don’t think that the Abrahamic faiths are very different from original Hinduism. I sometimes feel that Hinduism and Budhism may NOT have been polytheistic in their genesis. Budha never taught his disciples to make stautues out of him and worship them. In the Puranas, it is also mentioned that to give a material shape to Ishwar is not allowed. Similarities is always a good ground to understanding, however one cannot expect homoginity of all releigions, if that were the case, there wouldn’t be so many religions to begin with. I can also say that the Eastern religions have failed to understand Islam. As is the basis of this debate, when Mr. Tsherring started twisting the verses of Quran for the purpose of creating miscreance for obvious reasons.

Again Hinduism is very complex holding monotheistic, polytheistic & atheistic ideas & allowing for various interpretations of the same. While that may not meet the rigorous standards of what constitutes religion for some (including it seems, for you), it is how Hinduism is. Buddhism was not polytheistic or monotheistic, it was simply atheistic (the Buddha would have been appalled at the idea of people worshiping him). The Buddha was unconcerned about God(s) & makes no reference to any divine power in his teachings.

Religions don't understand each other; people do. Hinduism however is not incompatible (from its viewpoint) with any other religion including Islam since it makes no claim to be the only way to God/Salvation. That problem is usually seen only in monotheistic religions which by their very nature have to oppose any other "God/religion".

May I Pm you sometimes in the same connection if you are amenable?

You are welcome to, would be glad to be of any help.

Back
Top Bottom