What's new

'Horrible': Christian churches throughout Egypt stormed, torched

I think you didnt get the point i was trying to make,just call out the countries where those extremists are.

Well, Pakistan and Saudi-Arabia and Iran are examples of muslim states that currently still semi-secretly foster muslim extremism and jihads. Yemen seems to be on the right track atm, but only after allowing extremists to take root there.
I don't know enough about the situation in Africa to make any statements on that region..

99% of all muslims hate the extremist.

I sure hope it's 99% or larger that feels that way, but I'll take your word for it.
I do know the vast majority of Dutch muslims are against extremism, and the ones that aren't put themselves on the intelligence radar regularly. I don't even consider sharia-4-holland and sharia-4-belgium real threats to Dutch society, and the non-violent parts of Sharia law may one day even be applied to muslims living here, as far as I'm concerned.

What happen in civil war? Killing the minorities??

more and more they kill people more and more they gain hold try to understand bro . and yes sure they will kill minorities for gain it . same as any other place on earth . in civil war groups like to target foreigners as its rise the news all over world .

more and more they kill people more and more they gain hold try to understand bro . and yes sure they will kill minorities for gain it . same as any other place on earth . in civil war groups like to target foreigners as its rise the news all over world .

not to mention that it's so much easier to vent anger against 'soft targets' instead of well-armed national security forces...

Another example of (some, but too many) muslims being unable to respect even the human rights of other religions and subcultures :hitwall:

What would be the reaction in Netherlands if prominent Muslim businessmen who owned the media instigated violent protests to overthrow the democratic government?

What if the main Muslim cleric in Holland supported the violent protesters?

What if a foreign country (Saudi Arabia) financed the anti-democracy movement?

What if the military, under protection of a fully controlled media, started killing hundreds of Christians?

Well, Pakistan and Saudi-Arabia and Iran are examples of muslim states that currently still semi-secretly foster muslim extremism and jihads. Yemen seems to be on the right track atm, but only after allowing extremists to take root there.
I don't know enough about the situation in Africa to make any statements on that region..

I sure hope it's 99% or larger that feels that way, but I'll take your word for it.
I do know the vast majority of Dutch muslims are against extremism, and the ones that aren't put themselves on the intelligence radar regularly. I don't even consider sharia-4-holland and sharia-4-belgium real threats to Dutch society, and the non-violent parts of Sharia law may one day even be applied to muslims living here, as far as I'm concerned.
Why would muslims living in the Benelux ever want Sharia law,how many of those living in holland would ever want that when even their home countries never had Sharia law?
Most muslims in Holland are Turk and Morrocan.

not to mention that it's so much easier to vent anger against 'soft targets' instead of well-armed national security forces...

yes its easy to kill them too . for sure they are doing their best . both sides reached on peak of blood and dead bodies mountain

What would be the reaction in Netherlands if prominent Muslim businessmen who owned the media instigated violent protests to overthrow the democratic government?

I don't think any media organisation in NL is allowed to promote violence, in any way at all. Let alone to overthrow our democracy (in which muslims could just start their own political party)

What if the main Muslim cleric in Holland supported the violent protesters?

Inciting hate is illegal in NL, I don't know what legal action such a muslim cleric would face, but he would not be allowed to continue I think.

What if a foreign country (Saudi Arabia) financed the anti-democracy movement?

We'd block those funds and bring that interference to international attention as well.

What if the military, under protection of a fully controlled media, started killing hundreds of Christians?

Dutch military? Killing christians? Unlikely to the extreme.

Egypt should have had a constitution that was secular and then even the MB would have been allowed to govern but with caveats, any fear of the minotity/opposition would have found release in in-built pressure valves in the system itself. Otherwise there is always too much pressure from the core supporters to run with their agenda and too much fear of what might happen in the oposition. It happens in India (right wing hindu groups pressurising the BJP), happens in the U.S. (tea party & religious extremists pressurising the Republican party) but what keeps things moving is the constitution & the courts who are charged with protecting that. Knowing that the constitution will protect your rights prevents widespread panic & the disruptions that will automatically bring with it. Egypt lacked that, the MB simply pushed too much on many of the party's core idea & the resultant backlash was massive because the system had no in-built pressure releasers. Democracy is not just about elections, no idea however much supported by the majority should be rammed down the throats of the opposition. That idea though is from an evolved form of democracy & not always possible even in countries with long experience of it (U.S., India are good examples). Expecting Egypt to manage itself as a democracy without first building institutions was simply a recipe for failure. What has happened now is quite simply a burial of democracy & the start of a long & bitter struggle for power. The MB feels cheated & rightly so. Any challenge to their government must have been made through institutions & not by the mob & army working in tandem. All governments lose support, that is no basis for removing them before their time. Any government that is formed after whatever election in Egypt will face the same truth. A permanent state of revolution is not a recipe for nation building.

The anti-democracy movement is about more than just abuse of powers. It is financed by the usual suspects (wealthy businessmen, Saudi Arabia, etc.) who were hardcore Mubarak supporters.

Morsi wasn't perfect, but he tried to do the right thing. He alienated extremists in his party by trying to reach out to Iran, and to assure Israel of continued peace. He did make mistakes -- democracy is a learning process for all in Egypt -- but the proper solution, as you pointed out, was to let him finish his term and institute safeguards against abuse of power.

This military coup is all about reinstating the Mubarak regime under the guise of "democracy".

Through out history...just barring last century..since Muslims are still going through the process of struggle for freedom etc.

Muslims always treated minorities better than others in relative terms through out history....

We actually saved your "masters" from extinction at the hands of Europeans...talking about Jews...

I am not talking about the history!! I am talking about the present.. How many Islamic countries presently have a sizeable minorities and have the right to worship their gods? Sure Egypt would have gone the same way..

Why would muslims living in the Benelux ever want Sharia law,how many of those living in holland would ever want that when even their home countries never had Sharia law?
Most muslims in Holland are Turk and Morrocan.

We'd have a referendum (among muslims) about this before ever implementing it, I think.

I don't think any media organisation in NL is allowed to promote violence, in any way at all. Let alone to overthrow our democracy (in which muslims could just start their own political party)

Inciting hate is illegal in NL, I don't know what legal action such a muslim cleric would face, but he would not be allowed to continue I think.

We'd block those funds and bring that interference to international attention as well.

Dutch military? Killing christians? Unlikely to the extreme.

I guess you missed my whole point, and its relationship to this topic.
Please see my post #46 to see what I meant.

I guess you missed my whole point, and its relationship to this topic.
Please see my post #46 to see what I meant.

Well if it's that Coptic pope you are complaining that practices hate-mongering, then yes, i'm all for him being silent (through legal means), including the possibility of him being forced by the state to sell his media assets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if it's that Coptic pope you are complaining that practices hate-mongering, then yes, i'm all for him being silent (through legal means), including the possibility of him being forced by the state to sell his media assets.

My complaint is not so much about the Pope but the fact that this military coup is supported by wealthy businessmen who are Mubarak loyalists. Many of them happen to be Copts, and the media narrative is that Morsi supporters are "Islamists" because that's how you sell your cause to the global media: paint your opponents as "Islamists".

In effect this has turned into a religious war and the blame for putting religion at the center of the debate lies with the Mubarak loyalists controlling the media.

Back
Top Bottom