What's new

Honeywell's Re-Engining Offer for IAF - Jaguars

Reaction score

IMAGE0009.JPG (image)

IMAGE0010.JPG (image)

IMAGE0015.JPG (image)

The above-posted brochure is self-explanatory, except for the fact that this re-engining is only one component of the upgrade package for the Jaguar IS/IM, which is being proposed by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), and which will include the third-generation DARIN-3 navigation-system system and an integrated defensive aids suite, both of which have been designed and integrated by the DRDO's Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE), using several avionics LRUs originally developed for the Tejas LCA. The cockpit, shown at the Aero India 2009 expo, will now feature the same HUD as that on the Tejas LCA, along with three large MFD-55 AMLCDs supplied by THALES-Samtel Display Systems, and HOTAS controls, all utilising a MIL-STD-1553B digital databus. It remains to be seen if these upgraded Jaguars (about 120 in all will be upgraded and will be in service till 2022) will also be equipped with the fly-by-wire flight control system, which was tested out by BAE Systems way back in the mid-1980s on the Jaguar. By the way, these upgraded Jaguars are also due to be fitted with multi-mode monopulse radars for which the EL/M-2052 :hitwall:

Mr ouiouiouiouioui

can u plz tell me why r u looking upset with jaguar upgrades

and plz start india related thread in india defence section

Mr. Proud_indian

U sounds very proud to me

Tell me what u r proud about....

Buddy first u tell me what's the motto of this thread

I am not really able to understand what's the extract of this thread?

r u not happy with upgrades as u r india's well wisher or u r not happy

because u r an indian opponent or something

Maybe he works for a company that lost out on the contract

this is all very nice - pls move it to the india defence section
thanks!

forum members - kind advice - pls post in the right section - u r causing un-necessary work for the mods/admn

IMAGE0009.JPG (image)

IMAGE0010.JPG (image)

IMAGE0015.JPG (image)

The above-posted brochure is self-explanatory, except for the fact that this re-engining is only one component of the upgrade package for the Jaguar IS/IM, which is being proposed by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), and which will include the third-generation DARIN-3 navigation-system system and an integrated defensive aids suite, both of which have been designed and integrated by the DRDO's Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE), using several avionics LRUs originally developed for the Tejas LCA. The cockpit, shown at the Aero India 2009 expo, will now feature the same HUD as that on the Tejas LCA, along with three large MFD-55 AMLCDs supplied by THALES-Samtel Display Systems, and HOTAS controls, all utilising a MIL-STD-1553B digital databus. It remains to be seen if these upgraded Jaguars (about 120 in all will be upgraded and will be in service till 2022) will also be equipped with the fly-by-wire flight control system, which was tested out by BAE Systems way back in the mid-1980s on the Jaguar. By the way, these upgraded Jaguars are also due to be fitted with multi-mode monopulse radars for which the EL/M-2052 :hitwall:

Whereas I dont know about the veracity of the news, the thing thAT CAUGHT MY EYE IS YOU WILL UPGRADE120 PLANES AND IT WILL ONLY LAST YOU TILL 2022.Given the amount of work involved it will take you 3-5 yrs to upgrade them and they will only last another 5 yrs. This does not sound like a wise decision to a novice like me. is there a mistake in the script?
Regards
Araz

Whereas I dont know about the veracity of the news, the thing thAT CAUGHT MY EYE IS YOU WILL UPGRADE120 PLANES AND IT WILL ONLY LAST YOU TILL 2022.Given the amount of work involved it will take you 3-5 yrs to upgrade them and they will only last another 5 yrs. This does not sound like a wise decision to a novice like me. is there a mistake in the script?
Regards
Araz
I think some of the given facts are just not reliable, cause these jets can server way longer (the latest were produced 2 years ago I think) and what should be the use of 2052 AESA radar for a strike aircraft that hardly can fire some short range sidewinder missiles?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom