What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

Vietnamese woman in 17 century.

phunhan.jpg

Hanoi/Tonkin people in painting from 1714 of Japanese painter..

6503982149_51f5362889_b.jpg

This is Yuan Dynasty dressing, :wave:

52e74706b32d1c234267071d18b420b1.jpg

Dragon Robe from the Yuan dynasty.
This proves that Mongolians copied the pao from the Chinese not the other way around.

How many more lies are you going to spew?

Are these emperors Mongolian?

250px-TangTaizong.jpg

640px-Song_Taizu.jpg

How many time I have to tell you that the word 漢 in Han-Viet, this word got also a meaning "Majority people" in "Han - Man" concept. It is equivalent to "Kinh-Thuong" or "Mien Xuoi- Mien Nguoc" in Vietnamese.

In my Family Tree, it stated that my ancestor was 漢 too. 鼻祖耳孫之自我族前先祖原于本社.... Does it mean culturally I'm Han Chinese ?

Base on your stupid analogy German, English, France are using Latin words, are they culturally Italian ?
漢 was synonymous for being culturally/ethnically Chinese,originally 漢 was a toponym for Hanzhong,while Xianbei used it as an ethonym for Sinitic speakers under Northern Wei and reaching full maturity under the Ming.

Vietnamese is culturally Chinese this you can't deny.

It is also very funny that Lieberman, Taylor and Li Tina copied idea of Tran Quoc Vuong, Vietnamese historian. when he did survey in home village of Le Loi, he found that in this region nearby is existed Muong/Trai people.

This is fantastic hypothesis. No history proofs confirmed such funny idea until now.
Why don't you provide some facts or show your scholarly credentials before your blow of claims you don't like?

Mongolian type.

462px-Yuan+Empress+An+unnamed+wife+of+Ayurbarvada+(a.k.a.+Renzong).jpg

Here is Chinese costume, basically copied ideas from Mongolian.

tumblr_lysdsdeow71qcwhbgo1_500.jpg
:p:
Chinese never used the headgear in the first picture and the second one is Manchu.

Strange, I thought Chinese traditional culture always focus on educating "yi"/man di /barbarian and make them become part of China. China did that by spreading their culture, their model around, on modern term it's "soft power". And now some Chinese claim that other stole their culture. Oh, such hypocrite.
Strange that Vietnamese insist that Ming stole Vietnamese culture because supposedly the Mongols wiped it all out during the Yuan.

Last edited:
Throughout history Vietnamese women wore variants of Hanfu not Ao Dai.

evolution_of_vietnamese_clothing__and_ao_dai__by_lilsuika-d4rfo2y.jpg
I suggest Viet girls today should wear the ancient dress from Tran, Le and Ly dynasties. the robes are much more beautiful. the dress from Mac period looks best.

Last edited:
漢 was synonymous for being culturally/ethnically Chinese,originally 漢 was a toponym for Hanzhong,while Xianbei used it as an ethonym for Sinitic speakers under Northern Wei and reaching full maturity under the Ming.
Vietnamese is culturally Chinese this you can't deny.

Chinese copied the word " 文化" from Kanji, does it mean culturally Chinese are Japanese ?

Why don't you provide some facts or show your scholarly credentials before your blow of claims you don't like?

Sun Yatsen 孫逸仙 is came from Canton, there is native land of Zhuang 本地 people. Some one could tell a joke that Sun Yatsen belong to Zhuang stock too.

Ancestor of Lê Lợi has a name Lê Hối, his hometown from Thanh Hoa Province Vietnam. He visited Lam Sơn mountainous area, after that he moved his family to there. Le Loi is fourth generation descent of Le Hoi. In reality, Lam Son is not true home town of Le Loi.

Le Hoi married Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Duyên, the son is Lê Đinh.
Lê Đinh married Nguyễn Thị Quách, the sons are Lê Tòng and Lê Khoáng.
Lê Khoáng married Trịnh Thị Ngọc Thương, sons are Lê Học, Lê Trừ and Lê Lợi.

Tổ bốn đời của Lê Lợi là Lê Hối, người Thanh Hóa. Một hôm đến vùng núi Lam Sơn thấy cảnh đất lành chim đậu, ông dời nhà về đây. Lê Hối lấy bà Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Duyên, sinh ra Lê Đinh, tức là ông nội của Lê Lợi. Lê Đinh lấy bà Nguyễn Thị Quách sinh ra hai người con là Lê Tòng và Lê Khoáng. Lê Khoáng lấy bà Trịnh Thị Ngọc Thương sinh được ba người con: Lê Học, Lê Trừ và Lê Lợi

Lê Thái Tổ – Wikipedia tiếng Việt

@dichoi Kanji is actually ancient Hanzi, or "Chữ Hán phồn thể", similar to our "Nôm". Most East Asia nations were influenced by Chinese culture in some degree. What you just said can be used by that troll against you. Be prepared.

@dichoi Kanji is actually ancient Hanzi, or "Chữ Hán phồn thể", similar to our "Nôm". Most East Asia nations were influenced by Chinese culture in some degree. What you just said can be used by that troll against you. Be prepared.

The combination word of two word 文+化 = "文化", it got the meaning of " Culture " is created by Japanese first for new concept (khai niem) to " Culture", 文 and 化 is both origin Han Zi. I will find the source of this matter for you later.

Last edited:
The combination word of two word 文+化 = 文化, it got the meaning of " Culture " is made by Japanese first. I will find the source for this matter you later.

China borrowed quite many Japanese words in late 19th and early 20th century. 文化 is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom