What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

Even now with car and train, moving through the mountain area border between China and VN on land is still very troublesome. VN was also not known for having good calvary (elephant troops were well known). How came VN could raid China, then came back without a scratch? And why would we? VN was not like Mongolia. We had our own delta, our own coast. Why would we risk attacking a more advanced nation? Mongolians could do that because they had best calvary of all times. Japanese could do that because China could hardly cross the sea to attack them. What did VN have to do that? Nothing.
Its really not that hard when Guangxi and Yunnan are right next door,the other factor is that Chinese dynasties relied on Tusi chieftains who may or may not engage in banditry and shifted their allegiance's constantly.

Vietnamese didn't escape the wrath of the Chinese,why do you think there are so many Chinese invasions of Vietnam?

Vietnamese like any other civilization sought resources,slaves,land etc. it was out of greed not necessity.

No matter what , after Viet claimed you are vassal state of Yuan , they stopped invading.

That's why I said we did not attack Viet with no reason.
No, we stopped the Mongol hordes. Declaring being a vassal of the Yuan came later as peace accord between the Yuan and Dai Viet. Paying tribute as price for peace and normalisation.

Actually the Mongols wanted to conquer Champa Kingdom because of its richness. the Champs controlled the sea trades (spicery) between SE Asia and India back then. the Mongol plan was first to subjugate Dai Viet, then used it as spring-board for the invasion of Champa. the plan failed.

Its really not that hard when Guangxi and Yunnan are right next door,the other factor is that Chinese dynasties relied on Tusi chieftains who may or may not engage in banditry and shifted their allegiance's constantly.

Vietnamese didn't escape the wrath of the Chinese,why do you think there are so many Chinese invasions of Vietnam?

Vietnamese like any other civilization sought resources,slaves,land etc. it was out of greed not necessity.

very boring with such arrogant troll , look at yourself Hokkien people. Min Nan people ran around in China under rule of Han Chinese. Taiwan Hokkien people was also ruled by Japanese after first Sino-Japan war, didn't escaped to where (part of you to south east asian) .

Pls focus on independence of Taiwan first.

Last edited:

Now you are saying nonsense. VN did not expand to the South until the 15th century. Why risk provoking a giant while there are weaker guy around to bully. We all know that VN and Cambodia goes ways back, since they were called Dai Viet and Cham. Cambodian now boast they used to be the largest empire in the area, but I doubt that when there was Dai Viet and Siam empire sandwiched them. So why would VN didn't choose to invade Cham, like many mems here said, but to raid a stronger neighbor. Sure there were bandits, but even if they were VNese, their actions cannot represent VN wills. Also they operated in Chinese land, raided Chinese villages, lived in Chinese mountains, so their kids, their grandkids were still VNese? Nah, without clear border line, no even with clear border line, you can't still tell which nationality one has if he is from a village around the border.

very boring with such arrogant troll , look at yourself Hokkien people. Min Nan people ran around in China under rule of Han Chinese. Taiwan Hokkien people was also ruled by Japanese after first Sino-Japan war, didn't escaped to where (part of you to south east asian) .

Pls focus on independence of Taiwan first.
Not my fault you are too incompetent to realize that Vietnam provoked China multiple times instead of your nationalist narrative that Chinese wanted to invade Vietnam for no reason.

What do Minnan and Taiwanese Han have to do with Vietnam?

Every single time you run out of arguments you rely on flamebaiting others.

Now you are saying nonsense. VN did not expand to the South until the 15th century. Why risk provoking a giant while there are weaker guy around to bully. We all know that VN and Cambodia goes ways back, since they were called Dai Viet and Cham. Cambodian now boast they used to be the largest empire in the area, but I doubt that when there was Dai Viet and Siam empire sandwiched them. So why would VN didn't choose to invade Cham, like many mems here said, but to raid a stronger neighbor. Sure there were bandits, but even if they were VNese, their actions cannot represent VN wills. Also they operated in Chinese land, raided Chinese villages, lived in Chinese mountains, so their kids, their grandkids were still VNese? Nah, without clear border line, no even with clear border line, you can't still tell which nationality one has if he is from a village around the border.
Read books instead of whining to me,why are Vietnamese so upset to find out the truth?

They didn't live in Chinese lands or had descendants that became Chinese the source of these raids were from Vietnam,while the minorities of Guangxi and Yunnan rarely allied invading Vietnamese forces and conducted their own rebellions/raids.

The Ho dynasty had no reason to raid Chinese provinces,as these events transpired before the Tran pretender reached the Ming court as well as Hongwu Emperor proclaiming that Vietnam was one the countries the Ming shouldn't invade.

Last edited:
Not my fault you are too incompetent to realize that Vietnam provoked China multiple times instead of your nationalist narrative that Chinese wanted to invade Vietnam for no reason.

Read books instead of whining to me,why are Vietnamese so upset to find out the truth?

They didn't live in Chinese lands or had descendants that became Chinese the source of these raids were from Vietnam,while the minorities of Guangxi and Yunnan rarely allied invading Vietnamese forces and conducted their own rebellions/raids.

The Ho dynasty had no reason to raid Chinese provinces,as these events transpired before the Tran pretender reached the Ming court as well as Hongwu Emperor proclaiming that Vietnam was one the countries the Ming shouldn't invade.
so I guess as punishment the Ming annexed Dai Viet and integrated it into the Empire.

so I guess as punishment the Ming annexed Dai Viet and integrated it into the Empire.
Originally Emperor Yongle only wanted to destroy the Ho usurpers and restore the Tran, however Zhang Fu was the one that convinced him to directly annex Vietnam.

stop lying, little historian bro.

The war plan of Siam looked so simple. From the image above.

They (Siam) were tricked by Emperor Quang Trung before. Quang Trung had sent some his small naval forces to fight against Siam naval, then this forces had deliberately lost many small combats, that made the Siam army were overconfident, they moved blatantly forward without knowing that they were falling into a big trap...

They (Siam) were tricked by Emperor Quang Trung before. Quang Trung had sent some his small naval forces to fight against Siam naval, then this forces had deliberately lost many small combats, that made the Siam army were overconfident, they moved blatantly forward without knowing that they were falling into a big trap...

Common method in Chinese history. I read three-kingdoms and it was extensively used.

Common method in Chinese history. I read three-kingdoms and it was extensively used.

Maybe. I also watched "three-kingdoms" film of the chinese.
But the chinese also had at least 3 times falling into the same traps of Vietnamese. That is the Battle(s) of Bach Dang River.

Back
Top Bottom