What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

What I know about Veitnam?

- 100% experience in Guerilla warfares (Jungles)
- Showed double humiliation to American army
- Claiming this is my property while others say no
- Murder crimes covered up
- troubles in school, securities often bolstered
- Loves hairstyles
- High knowledge in Maths
- Loves to play Pool Billiard
- Loves drinking
- Girls love wearing skirts
- Kind to people in the West
- Dau Ma = f**k you

:)

Nam Viet was a Chinese local Kingdom
Nanyue (Chinese: 南越; pinyin: Nányuè; Cantonese Yale: -Nàahmyuht; Vietnamese: Nam Việt[1]) was an ancient kingdom that consisted of parts of the modern Chinese provinces of Guangdong, Guangxi, and Yunnan and northern Vietnam.

The kingdom was founded by leaders originally from the Chinese heartland, and was responsible for bringing Chinese bureaucracy and more advanced agriculture and handicraft techniques to the inhabitants of the southern regions, as well as knowledge of the Chinese language and writing system. Nanyue leaders promoted a policy of "Harmonizing and Gathering the Hundred Yue Tribes" (Chinese: 和集百越), and encouraged fellow Han Chinese to immigrate from their Yellow River homeland to the south. They supported mutual assimilation of the two cultures and peoples, and promulgated Han culture and the Chinese language throughout the region.

800px-Nanyue001.png

Well, China will not allow others to interfere or invade border countries that China has close connection with.

For example, Korea war, China against the so-called U.S. led U.N. force, helping the n.k.
Early vn war, China against the France, helping the n. vn
Later vn war, China against U.S., helping the n. vn
Border conflict with vn during the 80s, helping cambodia.

I wonder why China is always keen to contain Vietnam and threatens with force (invasion, etc...) if we seek to expand our influence in the region. Can´t you just keep your eyes shut for a while? We assure You can do business everywhere in Asia as you please.

As far as I know China´s key foreign policy is not to interfere other countries.

Vietnamese Kinh people from early ancient time, the earliest gradually moved from the Indonesian archipelago through the Malay Peninsula and Thailand until they settled on the edges of the Red River in the Tonkin Delta up to southern area of China. Our language, It is part of the Austroasiatic language family of which it has,

Among these languages, only Khmer, Vietnamese, and Mon have a long-established recorded history, and Vietnamese and Khmer have the status is that in daily speaking we share most of words are in original from the same roots.

If it should be that small portion of Kinh people has a marriage a relation with Khmer people, it's no thing related to true bloodline of Kinh, they were brother and neighbors in early time. The Historians believe that from the Late Pleistocene Age (600,000-12,000 BC), that why Vietnam is joined to ESAN.
For the Cham people they are most moved away from Vietnam to Acer and other Islands of Indonesia.

For you Cantonese, NanYue_ren, it's nothing as shameful for you that your identity related to bloodline is not the same as Han Chinese in Northern China. It has been changed, more or less.
It's truth.

The majority of Cantonese, Fujianese and residents of Zhejiang and other southern provinces are descended from northern Han who moved to Guangdong after the fall of the Han dynasty. During the Eastern Jin dynasty and during the Tang dynasty, millions of northern Han fled to southern China. You are a massive liar.

Portrait of a Community

Portrait of a Community

In the Shadow of the Han

A History of Chinese Civilization - Jacques Gernet - Google knygos

Southern Han are descended from northern Han who moved south and married the native Baiyue women, this is why the southern Han y Chromosome (inherited from the father) is extremely close to northern Han Y chromosome, but the mtdna (inherited from the mother) and autosomal DNA is different.

How Han are Taiwanese Han? Genetic Inference of Plains Indigenous Ancestry ... - Shu-Juo Chen - Google Books

How Han are Taiwanese Han? Genetic Inference of Plains Indigenous Ancestry ... - Shu-Juo Chen - Google Books

European Journal of Human Genetics - Abstract of article: A spatial analysis of genetic structure of human populations in China reveals distinct difference between maternal and paternal lineages

http://159.226.149.45/compgenegroup/paper/wenbo Han culture paper (2004).pdf

Genetic evidence supports demic diffusion of Han cult... [Nature. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v431/n7006/full/nature02878.html

European Journal of Human Genetics - Abstract of article: A spatial analysis of genetic structure of human populations in China reveals distinct difference between maternal and paternal lineages

0b9b8d714566edea3954827c018a3c88.jpg

The Y chromosome haplogroup and subclade among different groups of East Asians.

Well, China will not allow others to interfere or invade border countries that China has close connection with.

For example, Korea war, China against the so-called U.S. led U.N. force, helping the n.k.
Early vn war, China against the France, helping the n. vn
Later vn war, China against U.S., helping the n. vn
Border conflict with vn during the 80s, helping cambodia.

And in the 1520s, China fought and defeated the Portuguese and executed an entire Portuguese delegation in revenge after Portugal conquered the Malacca Sultanate.

But if you were in power back then, you would have called the Malacca Sultanate "Islam Fanatics" and wouldn't have lifted a finger against the Portuguese.

What an idiot.

Islam terrorists/fundamentalists/extremists are more or less a modern concepts for the past 100 years.

idiot like you keeps dumping unrelated garbage here.

Let me tell you again: stop following my comments and fxxk off.

And in the 1520s, China fought and defeated the Portuguese and executed an entire Portuguese delegation in revenge after Portugal conquered the Malacca Sultanate.

But if you were in power back then, you would have called the Malacca Sultanate "Islam Fanatics" and wouldn't have lifted a finger against the Portuguese.

women in vietnam are in such an lower position than women in China.
I think you need correct that lie.
Let me re-post this historic event of the rebellion of Trung sisters. As daughters of a noble Vietnamese family, the Trung sisters were in line to inherit their father’s land and titles. According to Chinese law, they could not.

The Trưng sisters
Trưng Trắc (徵 側) and Trưng Nhị (徵 貳) | (ca. 12 - AD 43)

trungsisters.gif

“All the male heroes bowed their heads in submission; 
Only the two sisters proudly stood up to avenge the country.” 
 - 15th century poem

For over a thousand years, the Chinese Han Dynasty ruled over Vietnam as a colonial power. Vietnam had resources, people, and most importantly, the Red River Delta. The Red River Delta is an area in the north of the country that was cultivated for wet rice production, was an important international trading port, and was the land from where the Vietnamese traced their origins. The Han Dynasty had been encroaching on the Lac Lords of Vietnam, the heads of the feudal system that was the foundation of Vietnamese culture. These were the landed aristocrats that had been the ruling noble class for over two millennia.

At first working together in trade and negotiations, the relationship grew authoritarian, and the Chinese began to tax, subjugate, and forcibly assimilate the Vietnamese into the Chinese Empire. By 111 BC, the Han Dynasty had complete control over Vietnam and had divided the kingdom into territories that were ruled by Chinese appointed governors.

Fast-forward 150 years to 39 AD and we meet one such Chinese governor, To Dinh, who ruled over the Me Linh prefecture. The Vietnamese Lord of this prefecture was General Lac, who had two daughters, Trung Trac and Trung Nhi. The two daughters grew up in a military household and were trained in the art of warfare, weaponry, and martial arts. When it came time for a marriage for the eldest daughter Trac, she married the son of the neighboring prefecture who also hailed from a military noble family. Together these two noble families created a powerful military alliance.

China’s repressive regime, taxation of goods, imprisonment of “uncooperative” Vietnamese, and confiscation of lands was causing open hostility among the aristocracy and peasant populations. Most importantly for our heroines, the Chinese replaced the Vietnamese matriarchal family-system with its strict patriarchal system with rigid social control. This is the kiss of death for any society with any form of equality between the sexes. Just ask our friends Cleopatra and her daughter Selene.

As daughters of a noble Vietnamese family, the Trung sisters were in line to inherit their father’s land and titles. According to Chinese law, they could not. Then, the unthinkable happened. Trac’s husband was executed for protesting a new tax imposed by To Dinh. Trac and Nhi’s inheritance, livelihood, and way of life were in jeopardy. Trac refused to go into mourning and instead she and her sister put all their military training to work and began mobilizing the remaining noblemen and peasants to their cause. Their goal was to oust Governor To Dinh and return Vietnam to an independent kingdom. They organized an army of 30,000 soldiers and led them into battle.

00.jpg

In literature and art the Trung sisters charge into battle atop elephants with swords drawn. Surrounding them are the armies raised by the lords from their individual prefectures. At the head of these armies were the generals the Trung sisters chose to be commanders. Temples dedicated to the Trung sisters that remain today list the leaders and generals of their army. The majority of them are women, including their own mother. One of the generals was a woman named Phing Thi Chinh, who according to legend, gave birth during the revolution and would fight in battle with her newborn strapped to her back.

But why would so many follow two women? Trung Trac and Trung Nhi were also descendants of Lac Long Quân, the original Dragon Lord, the founder of the Vietnamese people. According to their creation myth, The Dragon Lord’s wife laid 100 eggs that would go on to become the 100 noble families of Vietnam. Trac and Nhi’s family were one of those elite. As a matriarchal society were women could hold equal ranking as men, following two women who claimed to be descendents of the Dragon Lord seemed like a no brainer.

Within several months, the Trung sisters had liberated 65 northern citadels in Vietnam and ousted the repressive governor. Trac now commanded an army of 80,000 soldiers. She proclaimed herself Queen of an independent Vietnam and established her capital in her hometown at Me Linh. Some records indicate Nhi was the better warrior. If this is true, it would seem that the Trung sisters followed the typical royal family model of the eldest child being crowned monarch and the younger child named commander of the nation’s army. Other accounts tell us that the two sisters ruled as co-regents of the newly independent Vietnam.

Trac’s reign was dedicated to restoring Vietnam back to its traditional ways. She immediately ended all tributary taxes to China, distributed the treasury of the governor back to the Lac Lords, and attempted to return to a feudal political system. For almost three years, the Trung sisters successfully fought and held off the Chinese, who were not going to give up the Red River Delta so easily.

In 43 AD, the Chinese sent a new General Marshal Ma Yuan to deal with the Trung Sisters. This time, the Han Emperor put all his resources into the army and taking back Vietnam. Many of the original lords and supporters of the Trung Sisters had returned to their land, taking their armies with them. What was left was no match for the invading Chinese army and they defeated the Trung sisters and put Vietnam back under colonial control. According to Chinese history, the Trung sisters were executed. According to Vietnamese history, they committed suicide by drowning in a river to maintain their honor.

hai+ba+temple.jpg

Centuries later, the Trung sisters became heroes and the first Vietnamese nationalists. A seventh-century retelling imagines Trac’s declaration to her army as putting her duty to country first over her duty to family:

“Foremost, I will avenge my country,
Second, I will restore the Hung lineage,
Third, I will avenge the death of my husband,
Lastly, I vow that these goals will be accomplished”

As with all national heroes, the Trung sisters’ exploits have become epic over time. In one account, they kill a tiger that no one had been able to capture and then write their manifesto on its skin. Every February, there is a celebration held in their honor commemorating their martyrdoms. They remain unifying national heroes to the Vietnamese identify and their association with rebellion against invasion is still evoked today. This poignant video compares the Trung sister’s rebellion against China almost two thousand years ago with the struggles of Vietnam in the twentieth century to regain independence from foreign occupiers.

Chick History: The Trung Sisters: Vietnam’s First Nationalists

We are a family.

The Viets and Southern Han´s are much closer in terms of look than to the Northern Han´s. Nevertherless we all share the same cultures and custom. Many Viets consider the Southern Hans (Cantonese) as their true brothers and sisters as we both lived a country called NamViet in ancient times.

One of the major differences between the Viets and the Han´s lies the position of women in the society. Traditionally Viets women have more say and right than their sisters in China.

I am a Southern Han, and i don't feel close to the Viets at all.

The only group of Southern Han who shares the similar female lineage with the Viets are Cantonese, but their father line is still Han. Therefore, they are not entirely same as the Viets.

Overall Chinese are East Asians, while Viets are Southeast Asians.

Vietnam has similar per capita GDP with India,but we all know that vietnamnese living in a much better level on average.Vietnam ,from big cities to small villages,looks much reacher clearer.whats the secret?

why don't share some with your so called dear friend Indians?we hope you don't just use them as a tool
one more reply to your question. I can reveal you a "secret".

One of our national characters is understatement. It is not necessarily bad to bluff your enemy and opponent. History shows when our enemies realized what happened then it was too late.

I am a Southern Han, and i don't feel close to the Viets at all.

The only group of Southern Han who shares the similar female lineage with the Viets are Cantonese, but their father line is still Han. Therefore, they are not entirely same as the Viets.

Overall Chinese are East Asians, while Viets are Southeast Asians.
dude, I say we share the same culture and custom, a family of. Sure, we look different and less greedy. The Viets are not Han´s.

Yes, we don´t want to antagonise you Chinese too much, otherwise we would have built a great wall along China-Vietnam border to separate the countries.

dude, I say we share the same culture and custom, a family of. Sure, we look different and less greedy. The Viets are not Han´s.

The only group of Viet that i do feel with some similarity is Hoa.

Although Hoas have already mixed with the Viets, but many of them still remaining East Asians by appearance.

vietnam-people.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom