What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

Do you want to see how Vietnam looked like 400 years ago? Visit Hoi An, an ancient town in central Vietnam, recognised as World Cultural Heritage Site. No one can overlook Chinese influence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoi_An

hoian12.jpg

images.jpeg

chinese-assembly-hall-hoi-an-vietnam.jpg

Fujian_Assembly_Hall_Hoi%20an.jpg

Tran_Family_Chapel_Hoi%20an.jpg

Cantonese%20Assembly%20Hall%20Hoi%20an.jpg

Museum%20of%20History%20and%20Culture.jpg

Hoi%20An%20Cathedral%20Hoi%20an.jpg

800px-Hoi_An_Ancient_Town%2C_Quang_Nam_province%2C_South_Central_Coast%2C_Vietnam.jpg

5828772hoi-an.jpg

Communism sucks. China sucks, too. The Soviets helped Vietnam more than China ever did. Throughout history, China regardless of Imperial or Communist, did more harms to Vietnam more it helped. Surely, Vietnam is one of few countries in the world holding the communist banner, along with China, Cuba and N. Korea. That is due to history.

But don´t make the mistake by assuming Vietnam is a communist country. First and foremost, Vietnamese are sinicized, embrace confucian and worship ancestries. These 3 are the pillar of the Vietnamese society.

No surprise, the basic laws of Vietnam clearly state the communist party is the dominant power of the country, but determines the family builds the core of the society.

Since you said communism sucks, does this mean the same to your government, since Vietnam is controlled by the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV)?

Also, what do you mean China suck? The government or the people?

Do you want to see how Vietnam looked like 400 years ago? Visit Hoi An, an ancient town in central Vietnam, recognised as World Cultural Heritage Site. No one can overlook Chinese influence.

Hoi An - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hoian12.jpg

images.jpeg

chinese-assembly-hall-hoi-an-vietnam.jpg

Fujian_Assembly_Hall_Hoi%20an.jpg

Tran_Family_Chapel_Hoi%20an.jpg

Cantonese%20Assembly%20Hall%20Hoi%20an.jpg

Museum%20of%20History%20and%20Culture.jpg

Hoi%20An%20Cathedral%20Hoi%20an.jpg

800px-Hoi_An_Ancient_Town%2C_Quang_Nam_province%2C_South_Central_Coast%2C_Vietnam.jpg

5828772hoi-an.jpg

please show me some self respect and stop using our language on any vietnmaese buildings. you guys are also encouraged to stop celebrating our festivals.

to all vietnamese members:

please stop using ANY Chinese products, or you are bashing your countries economy.
please stop celebrating Chinese festivals, including the spring festival.
please remove all Chinese signs from your traditional buildings.

it is really offensive to see those Chinese signs on those dirty vietnamese buildings.

Since you said communism sucks, does this mean the same to your government, since Vietnam is controlled by the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV)?
I said I dislike Communism.

Anyway, luckily VN communists have learnt from their mistakes. And in contrast to China, N Korea and Cuba, Vietnam has adopted some sorts of Democracy: division of power and control of excecutives. So the power is in the country is divided between the State President and Prime Minister. The communist Party chief ranks #1, but does not have executive power.

Most importantly, the National Parliament has the power to remove all incompetent and corrupt senior leaders from their posts, including the State President and Prime Minister (through confident vote).

Also, what do you mean China suck? The government or the people?
yes, both, Chinese government and her people. They are arrogant and aggressive.

please show me some self respect and stop using our language on any vietnmaese buildings. you guys are also encouraged to stop celebrating our festivals.

please stop using ANY Chinese products, or you are bashing your countries economy.

it is really offensive to see those Chinese signs on those dirty vietnamese buildings.

Hahahahaha

I said I dislike Communism.

Anyway, luckily VN communists have learnt from their mistakes. And in contrast to China, N Korea and Cuba, Vietnam has adopted some sorts of Democracy: division of power and control of excecutives. So the power is in the country is divided between the State President and Prime Minister. The communist Party chief ranks #1, but does not have executive power.

Most importantly, the National Parliament has the power to remove all incompetent and corrupt senior leaders from their posts, including the State President and Prime Minister (through confident vote).

yes, both, Chinese government and her people. They are arrogant and aggressive.

I think Vietnam have been filled up with anti-chinese propaganda lately, because when i left Vietnam it was not like this.

You have a good idea, such signs made our buildings dirty.

to all Chinese members! pls remove and stop using all western products and technologies and return to old ancient China.
you are a fool: the old buildings are UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. The houses haven´t changed much since 400 years. Tourists want to see how it was in ancient Vietnam. Is there any town in China simaliar as Hoi An?

to all Chinese members! pls remove and stop using all western products and technologies and return to old ancient China.

you are a fool: the old buildings are UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. The houses haven´t changed much since 400 years. Tourists want to see how it was in ancient Vietnam. Is there any town in China simaliar as Hoi An?

What do you mean? Use 19th Century tech?

"Please stop using any technology from western, use China own.
Please stop copy other country's product.
Please stop try to get investment from western and Japan into China.
Please stop imported Japanese and western's culture into China"
And please stop see JAV and jerk off ....
bla bla bla bla ...... "
:omghaha:

What do you mean? Use 19th Century tech?
Yes, but pls go back further to 1800, where China was a backward and desperate country, helpless when Western Powers arrived. And since Chinese hate Japan so much, they should begin to expel all Japanese companies out of China. :)

Pls tell the Japanese that they are welcome in Vietnam.

Question:
What's the oldest surviving literary text in Vietnam and what does it say?
difficult to answer...if any I guess it tells the story of the creation of Vietnam. It is a mythology that any Vietnamese kid learns at school. Lạc Long Quân and his wife, an immortal mountain fairy named Âu Cơ, were considered as father and mother of Vietnamese people.

L%E1%BA%A1c+Long+Qu%C3%A2n+v%C3%A0+%C3%82u+C%C6%A1.gif

L

Au Co Temple Festival (Ha Hoa)

images

lh.gif

nao-nuc-khai-hoi-mo-cho-dau-xuan-4.jpg

khai-hoi-den-mau-au-co.gif

le-hoi-den-mau-au-co1.jpg

Yes, but pls go back further to 1800, where China was a backward and desperate country, helpless when Western Powers arrived. And since Chinese hate Japan so much, they should begin to expel all Japanese companies out of China. :)

Pls tell the Japanese that they are welcome in Vietnam.

I remember in the 19th century, Vietnam could bully smaller peoples like Champa and genocide them in 1832, but got gang banged by Spain and France in the Cochin China war and it got banged again by France so hard, that Vietnam begged China for help in the Sino-French War.

I remember in the 19th century, Vietnam could bully smaller peoples like Champa and genocide them in 1832, but got gang banged by Spain and France in the Cochin China war and it got banged again by France so hard, that Vietnam begged China for help in the Sino-French War.

And you forget this: China got bang so many time by smaller country like Britain, France, Japan ... until Chinese got big party given them by Japanese in 1937 at Nanking.

761px-China_imperialism_cartoon.jpg

And you forget this: China got bang so many time by smaller country like Britain, France, Japan ... until Chinese got big party given them by Japanese in 1937 at Nanking.
You compare lil' Champa to those global Empires like Britian and France? They were not even small back to those days.

Yet unlike the other giant nations like Turkish Ottoman and Indian Mughal, China survived from the western invasion and maintained most of its large territory and independence.

You compare lil' Champa to those global Empires like Britian and France? They were not even small back to those days.

Yet unlike the other giant nations like Turkish Ottoman and Indian Mughal, China survived from the western invasion and maintained most of its large territory and independence.

Besides before the Opium War China gained more benefit from the volume of trade between Qing and Britain, while most of the other countries were either conquered or their business were controlled by westerners.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom