What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

We look different
Vietnamese:
101220_21_105201354.jpg

Chinese:
101220_22_97045422.jpg
Vietnamese don't have to do this to maintain good posture to their armies

2mfyzy1.jpg

122gq45.jpg

2wmlvk1.jpg

I want to know the similarity and differences between Vietnamese with Southern Hans and the Northern Hans people.

Only Northern Vietnamese share similarities with Southern Chinese. The Southern Chinese are themselves from the North.
Zhao Tuo, a Han Chinese general from Qin dynasty was sent to govern Southern China. He later created the kingdom of NanYue spanning from the southern most part of Guangzhou to North Vietnam. Vietnamese historians considered him to be the first emperor of Vietnam, but NanYue is a Chinese kingdom.

South Vietnam is completely different. The people are more khmer like.

vietnam was developing fast in the past decades.we can predict that in several decades vietnam would be a regional power of southeast asia ,both in econemy and military. so my question is when will Vietnamese invade Laos Kampuchea Thailand,what's the detail plan do you guys think is the best?
i wish vietnamese answer my questions honestly. no need to cover your real thought,as we Chinese know your embitions too well.

As far as I know, the battle of Ngo Qyuen had a very good tactics that he used the bamboo sticks, placed them under the river and used the tides to hide it. When Southern Han came, they did not notice the bamboo sticks under the river because it was tide time. When tide time ended, the bamboo sticks appeared, destroyed their ships.
Something like that :D I was told by a vietnamese tour guide.

A early naval version of the Cu Chi tunnels in the Tet Offensive!

Smart move.

I like how viets screwed the french n the spirit to fight against the americans... n hate the "love you long time GI" bs dialogue from vietnam war movies...
discover your enemy´s strength and weakness, be smart and disciplined on battlefields...actually there is no secrets.

Only Northern Vietnamese share similarities with Southern Chinese. The Southern Chinese are themselves from the North.
Zhao Tuo, a Han Chinese general from Qin dynasty was sent to govern Southern China. He later created the kingdom of NanYue spanning from the southern most part of Guangzhou to North Vietnam. Vietnamese historians considered him to be the first emperor of Vietnam, but NanYue is a Chinese kingdom.

you are right. Some southern Vietnamese are mixed with Chams and Khmers, no surprise giving the neighborhood, while Northern Vietnamese are mixed with Southern Chinese.

Again NanYue was not a Chinese kingdom.

discover your enemy´s strength and weakness, be smart and disciplined on battlefields...actually there is no secrets.

you are right. Some southern Vietnamese are mixed with Chams and Khmers, no surprise giving the neighborhood, while Northern Vietnamese are mixed with Southern Chinese.

But hoooooow?

Why noooooot.

It was founded by a Chinese,how come it was not a Chinese Kingdom?

vietnam was developing fast in the past decades.we can predict that in several decades vietnam would be a regional power of southeast asia ,both in econemy and military.
so my question is when will Vietnamese invade Laos Kampuchea Thailand,what's the detail plan do you guys think is the best?
i wish vietnamese answer my questions honestly. no need to cover your real thought,as we Chinese know your embitions too well.
LOL...Do you know why Vietnam was the most powerful country in SE Asia, feared by neighbors? because we learned a lot from China, including gunpowder weapons. Without the constant threats and invasions from China, Vietnam would be much larger than today, that is for sure.

But that is history. Today, we all want to live in peace, if any just to conquer the markets for our products. :angel:

that's why Viet military parades cant be compared to the the chinese parades.
The chicks in the chinese parades are much hotter.
The difference is while Viets women fight on battlefields, their sisters in China fight how to look beautiful. :smokin:

4523953420130309191431375.jpg

4108660920130309191440937.jpg

Kinh Dương Vương (Hán tự: 涇陽王; "King of Kinh Dương") is a legendary ancient Vietnamese figure who was the first Hùng Vương (King Hùng), mentioned in the 15th century work Đại Việt sử ký toàn thư with having grouped all the vassal states within his territory into a unified nation, and as the founder of the Hồng Bàng Dynasty. He is considered the first king of the Vietnamese people, and was the father of Lạc Long Quân.

Kinh D

Our last Emperor was An Dương Vương from (257 to 207 BCE) before invasion of Nan Yue in to Vietnam.

An D

The difference is while Viets women fight on battlefields, their sisters in China fight how to look beautiful. :smokin:

I guess they want to know the differenc in looks ,not the way they fight.the two peoples look very different.China doesnt have combat units for girls.

@Viet

do you feel it's a lose that vietnamese give up learning Chinese characters? as the vietnam historical records, cultural relics are all writen in chinese? maybe latin Latin alphabets help you reduce the illiteracy rate much ,but simuteniously it feels like you cut yourself from your history.
do you have a feeling that you are in a foreign country when you visit an ancient house on which words writen are all chinese characters you cannot read?
121e6378a51g215.jpg

u116860634_1300fe3c8beg213.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom