What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

What is an anachronism is not secret terminology in English, bro. (Noun, something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, esp. a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time. .., object, event, etc., is assigned a date or period other than the correct one)

I copy here for you, again what I believed that this is correct: "people of Han" (漢人) is existed from time of Han Dynasty.

" As a result of the Han Dynasty's prominence, in inter-ethnic and inter-(premodern)-national matters, many Chinese began identifying themselves as "people of Han" (漢人), a name that has since been carried down"

Han Chinese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the time of Northern Wei 北魏, (386–535) , Han people is still claimed themselves as "people of Han" (漢人) , discriminated majority people "are civilized" from minority people from Nomad tribes rulers considered "are barbarian" by Chinese scholars.
The more interact with the you the more I'm convinced you haven't read my sources.

It doesn't matter what your believe in,Wikipedia as a source is laughable

漢 was never used an ethonym during the Han dynasty it was a nationality,ie Chinese applies to all ethnic minorities and the majority in the PRC but Han only applies to the Han.

You can lie all you want repeating the same debunked information is ludicrous.

Han didn't call themselves 漢 the Xianbei did,otherwise they were used to using 趙,晉 or 華.

While the Xianbei used 華,so no it doesn't make sense for the Xianbei to insult their own culture by labeling the majority of their subjects as 漢.

Its stranger when you did not understood my idea. Hanzu 漢 族 and Huaxia zu people 華夏族 are shared same bloodline and ethnic group.

You are Han, your descendant is ruled by Vietnamese, your descendant is Hua ren or Tang ren, or Minh Huong. Your descendanr does not shared bloodline with Vietnamese/Kinh people, so can not considered as Viet/king in ethnicity. He could have Vietnamese citizenship only.
Again you fail to understand anachronism you can't equate two separate ethnoyms,the Shang are different from the Zhou,the Zhou different from the Qin,the Qin different from the Han etc,no culture or ethnicity is static.

Its the same reason why Confucius or Qin Shihuang can't be Han,why Xiongnu are neither Turks or Mongols,why Dong Son are not Kinh etc.

北魏 (386-534) annihilated the empire of 北涼 (398-439) in the far west. Except four states ( 西涼, 北燕, 前涼 and the 魏冉), all other empires, kingdoms and polities in the north were founded by Non-Chinese 漢 persons.

They came from the "five barbarian" peoples (wuhu 五胡) of the Xianbei 鮮卑, Jie 羯, Qiang 羌, Di 氐 and Xiongnu 匈奴 (including the Lushui 盧水 and Tiefu 鐵弗 tribes). They don't speak Mandarin Sino-Tibetan language. They are minority people of China.
So what if they're non-Han?

Vietnamese had multiple rulers that had ancestors from Chinese polities,does that invalidate the dynasty?

The Di and the Qiang were Tibeto Burman speakers.

The nomads never labeled themselves 漢 however some did call themselves 華.

Xianbei people 鮮卑 is Nomad people, they speak Turk language, this people could not been Hanzu in ethnicity. The State was not considered as righteous Han dynasty though that they labelled themselves as 漢.
Nobody is claiming that the Xianbei viewed themselves as Han or call themselves Han.

The questions is whether the Xianbei viewed themselves as Chinese,however that's another argument.

The Mandate of Heaven doesn't just apply to Han/Hua, they were as legitimate as the Southern dynasties.

you are right.
good or bad food really depends on taste.
One thing good about Chinese food is that there are so many choice..
The food vary from different locations and you can try them all!
Other smaller country usually has limited choice

Dude, it's hard to say which countries has better food. It's all based on taste. For example us Easterners think snails are grossed, but French think of it as a delicacy. Westerners then cannot understand why we eat things like cats, dog, monkey, horses, snakes, insects, etc.
I believe Chinese has a saying "Eat Chinese food, live in Western house, marry Japanese wife". I guess that is still true. China surely has an edge on cooking culture because it has such a large population to feed everyday and a rich and intact history line to record all the important cooking experience.

Dude, it's hard to say which countries has better food. It's all based on taste. For example us Easterners think snails are grossed, but French think of it as a delicacy. Westerners then cannot understand why we eat things like cats, dog, monkey, horses, snakes, insects, etc.
I believe Chinese has a saying "Eat Chinese food, live in Western house, marry Japanese wife". I guess that is still true. China surely has an edge on cooking culture because it has such a large population to feed everyday and a rich and intact history line to record all the important cooking experience.

Please....cats, dog, monkey? And what does "we" mean? Do you eat them? I never eat those in my life, neither do my families, friends. In my city, I can't find any restaurant serving these disgusting "food".

I like eating snails. Szechuan food, spicy snails.

thumb.jpg

Please....cats, dog, monkey? And what does "we" mean? Do you eat them? I never eat those in my life, neither do my families, friends. In my city, I can't find any restaurant serving these disgusting "food".

I like eating snails. Szechuan food, spicy snails.

View attachment 46760
By "we" I mean East Asian. Don't we invent some weird dishes? For example VNese eat young bamboo, which basically is wood and has zero nutrition to us as human cannot digest it. China has a smelly tofu or Japan has sticky bean (natto? natou?).

Honestly, sometimes I eat dog, as many VNese believe, to chase away bad lucks. Cats and monkeys, I have never tasted and don't intend to. But I know some VNese restaurants serving them. And I eat snails too, boiled snails, but not those big slippery fist-size European snails.

young bamboo is good for taste, and can clean your Intestinal with a lot of fibers.
Dog meat is also common here in China, but cats and monkey are rarely eaten...
we need to understand each other`s diet, different location, weather can lead to different diet.

By "we" I mean East Asian. Don't we invent some weird dishes? For example VNese eat young bamboo, which basically is wood and has zero nutrition to us as human cannot digest it. China has a smelly tofu or Japan has sticky bean (natto? natou?).

Honestly, sometimes I eat dog, as many VNese believe, to chase away bad lucks. Cats and monkeys, I have never tasted and don't intend to. But I know some VNese restaurants serving them. And I eat snails too, boiled snails, but not those big slippery fist-size European snails.

to atheist, everything which is non-poison could be eaten

Food shortage is common for all countries.
One solution is war, eliminating the population.
Other solution is find more food, different food

to atheist, everything which is non-poison could be eaten

Food shortage is common for all countries.
One solution is war, eliminating the population.
Other solution is find more food, different food

Food shortage is not our issue.

I think food shortage is only eliminated recent years.
In the past, people have limited food. So that is why they turn to other source of food like bamboo, dog, etc..

Food shortage is not our issue.

Im glad that you don't eat cats and monkeys. You should stop eating dogs. I eat donkey.

I don`t eat dogs personally. But my wife do..
You cannot force other to eat or not eat something...
Respect people..

Im glad that you don't eat cats and monkeys. You should stop eating dogs. I eat donkey.

I would classify Chinese cooking as science, while most other cooking as culture.

What's the difference between science and culture?

Science is something fallacy. Say Newtonian theory is science because it's a fallacy proved by Quantum mechanics and Relativity. But science is good, it can move forward, always self-correct itself.

Culture is something never admitting itself wrong. All the religions are culture because none of the religion claim they are wrong. But culture is evil, it's like delusion for specific group of people, it never be a mainstream of the world.

Chinese cooking is science because Chinese cooking never fix its servicing courses or materials or whatever. Chinese cooking can evolve automatically according to the latest development of nutrition science and cooking technologies. That's the reason Chinese food are world wide accepted.

While most other cookings are not science, but culture. Say Indian cooking will never consume beef, and western cooking are very religious on serving procedures and meat selections. They cannot evolve based on science, they are served for special group of people.

That's just my 2 cents.

I would classify Chinese cooking as science, while most other cooking as culture.

What's the difference between science and culture?

Science is something fallacy. Say Newtonian theory is science because it's a fallacy proved by Quantum mechanics and Relativity. But science is good, it can move forward, always self-correct itself.

Culture is something never admitting itself wrong. All the religions are culture because none of the religion claim they are wrong. But culture is evil, it's like delusion for specific group of people, it never be a mainstream of the world.

Chinese cooking is science because Chinese cooking never fix its servicing courses or materials or whatever. Chinese cooking can evolve automatically according to the latest development of nutrition science and cooking technologies. That's the reason Chinese food are world wide accepted.

While most other cookings are not science, but culture. Say Indian cooking will never consume beef, and western cooking are very religious on serving procedures and meat selections. They cannot evolve based on science, they are served for special group of people.

That's just my 2 cents.

Hi, just have to tell, how can a culture be evil? not make sense, it's meaningless to judge something by human evil natural.

It's not like I eat dogs daily or weekly. Dog meat has a lot of protein and consuming them in large number can cause gout. So I often eat them every 2 months, and only when there is an event (family event, party, etc). This year I haven't eaten any dog yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom