What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

Vietnamese food is of course not better than chinese food, chinese food is much much better than vietnamese food, just go around in Europe, almost all chinese Restaurant run by Vietnamese.
But vietnamese made bad chinese food. and it makes us unhappy. I am in Germany, we paid in chinese restaurant but later found it was not real chinese food.
europe is a wrong place to seek authentic chinese, viet food. most dishes are watered down, westernized version, being customized for european customers, tastes. I think best chinese food can be found in london chinatown.

if you sell authentic chinese, viet food, you will be out of business sooner or later. basic 1*1: supply and demand.

Last edited:
I would classify Chinese cooking as science, while most other cooking as culture.

What's the difference between science and culture?

Science is something fallacy. Say Newtonian theory is science because it's a fallacy proved by Quantum mechanics and Relativity. But science is good, it can move forward, always self-correct itself.

Culture is something never admitting itself wrong. All the religions are culture because none of the religion claim they are wrong. But culture is evil, it's like delusion for specific group of people, it never be a mainstream of the world.

Chinese cooking is science because Chinese cooking never fix its servicing courses or materials or whatever. Chinese cooking can evolve automatically according to the latest development of nutrition science and cooking technologies. That's the reason Chinese food are world wide accepted.

While most other cookings are not science, but culture. Say Indian cooking will never consume beef, and western cooking are very religious on serving procedures and meat selections. They cannot evolve based on science, they are served for special group of people.

That's just my 2 cents.
I don't think China cooking is any different from others. It's still a culture, but a culture backed up by the largest group of people in the world. Cooking for 1 billion people has a benifit: the benifit of adaptation. If 1 billion people accept China cooking, then it's easier for the 6 billion rest of the world population to accept them.

Of course you might say India also has 1 billion people to cook for. But unlike China, India has a smaller territory and was early affected by Western culture. Religion is also an issue making their food quite unique.

I don`t eat dogs personally. But my wife do..
You cannot force other to eat or not eat something...
Respect people..
you wife eats dog meat? cool.
actually only a small minority in VN eats dog, cat meats...

I used to eat dog meat.
Yet after living in city, there isn`t much source of dog meat.
So I haven`t eat dog for long time..
Dog is common in China, Cats are rarely eaten..

you wife eats dog meat? cool.
actually only a small minority in VN eats dog, cat meats...

I used to eat dog meat.
Yet after living in city, there isn`t much source of dog meat.
So I haven`t eat dog for long time..
Dog is common in China, Cats are rarely eaten..
I think it is very bad habit. some people eat such exotic meats just out of curiosity. VN has officially banned eating cat meat. I hope we will place a ban on dog meat as well. We are no longer at war, so no need to eat such house animals.

Cat-astrophe: Vietnam’s taste for kitty leaves pets in peril - Features | The Star Online

You may don`t like it
But why you try to ban people on eating such things?
we should understand and respect people.

I think it is very bad habit. some people eat such exotic meats just out of curiosity. VN has officially banned eating cat meat. I hope we will place a ban on dog meat as well. We are no longer at war, so no need to eat such house animals.

You may don`t like it
But why you try to ban people on eating such things?
we should understand and respect people.
because it is not a normal thing of eating dog. it is not like eating fish. dog is intelligent animal and close friend of family. It is not canabalism, but close to it. besides, dogs can carry diseases. there is report, dog napping is a serious issue in VN. a ban could help.

Dog Napping in Vietnam | The Diplomat
thediplomat_2014-08-24_00-16-22-386x257.jpg

Dog is an ordinary animal...
animal and human are different

because it is not a normal thing of eating dog. it is not like eating fish. dog is intelligent animal and close friend of family. It is not canabalism, but close to it. besides, dogs can carry diseases. there is report, dog napping is a serious issue in VN. a ban could help.

@Viet @hans With the rising living standard, people start giving up old habit. Before, you always see young VNese smoking everywhere. But the 9x - 10x generations now don't smoke as much, and surely the number of smokers will keep going down in the next decades. Eating dod is also one of the old habit in the process of being dismissed.

Dog meat is a tradional dish, a delicacy, a tourist attaction, banning them is out of question. But there are more and more people stop eating them. It's just a matter of time before people stop eating them and look for a new dish, but not soon though. So please don't argue too much about it.

Right.
Give it up yourself and ban it by force is something different.

@Viet @hans With the rising living standard, people start giving up old habit. Before, you always see young VNese smoking everywhere. But the 9x - 10x generations now don't smoke as much, and surely the number of smokers will keep going down in the next decades. Eating dod is also one of the old habit in the process of being dismissed.

Dog meat is a tradional dish, a delicacy, a tourist attaction, banning them is out of question. But there are more and more people stop eating them. It's just a matter of time before people stop eating them and look for a new dish, but not soon though. So please don't argue too much about it.

The more interact with the you the more I'm convinced you haven't read my sources.
It doesn't matter what your believe in,Wikipedia as a source is laughable
漢 was never used an ethonym during the Han dynasty it was a nationality,ie Chinese applies to all ethnic minorities and the majority in the PRC but Han only applies to the Han.
You can lie all you want repeating the same debunked information is ludicrous.
Han didn't call themselves 漢 the Xianbei did,otherwise they were used to using 趙,晉 or 華.
While the Xianbei used 華,so no it doesn't make sense for the Xianbei to insult their own culture by labeling the majority of their subjects as 漢.

a wiki is more trusted sources, bro. 漢人 is applied to people of Han Dynasty.

Why people were ruled by Xianbei Tubobe clan still called themselves 漢人 ? because the number of Tubobe clan people is smaller in comparison with number Han ren.

Again you fail to understand anachronism you can't equate two separate ethnoyms,the Shang are different from the Zhou,the Zhou different from the Qin,the Qin different from the Han etc,no culture or ethnicity is static.
Its the same reason why Confucius or Qin Shihuang can't be Han,why Xiongnu are neither Turks or Mongols,why Dong Son are not Kinh etc.

What is importance here to Han Chinese related to an anchorism in history of China ?,

The name of dynasties in China is changed time to time. It should been dated before or later on when Han chinese has still stayed in China from ancient time up to now.

Base on your logic I can say that Confucius and Qin Shihuang didn't shared bloodline with Han Chinese, they should been a Korean.

So what if they're non-Han?
Vietnamese had multiple rulers that had ancestors from Chinese polities,does that invalidate the dynasty?
The Di and the Qiang were Tibeto Burman speakers.
The nomads never labeled themselves 漢 however some did call themselves 華.
Nobody is claiming that the Xianbei viewed themselves as Han or call themselves Han.
The questions is whether the Xianbei viewed themselves as Chinese,however that's another argument.
The Mandate of Heaven doesn't just apply to Han/Hua, they were as legitimate as the Southern dynasties.

Trần and Hồ Dynasty is Vietnamese Dynasty, because they were 越化 vietnamized culturally after many hundred of years and fought against Chinese invaders to protect independence of Vietnam.

Last edited:
a wiki is more trusted sources, bro. 漢人 is applied to people of Han Dynasty.

Why people were ruled by Xianbei Tubobe clan still called themselves 漢人 ? because the number of Tubobe clan people is smaller in comparison with number Han ren.
Spoken like a true Wiki scholar,I use dissertations and research papers while you rely on a flimsy source.

Show me that 漢人 was used as an ethonym during the Han dynasty.

The ethnic Chinese didn't use 漢人,it was the Xianbei who started to and so the Northern Han Chinese population followed suit.

What is importance here to Han Chinese related to an anchorism in history of China ?,

The name of dynasties in China is changed time to time. It should been dated before or later on when Han chinese has still stayed in China from ancient time up to now.

Base on your logic I can say that Confucius and Qin Shihuang didn't shared bloodline with Han Chinese, they should been a Korean.
Again you are literally too foolish to realize that you can't retroactively apply ethonyms to people who didn't even view each other as the same.

We don't have the DNA Qin Shihuang so you can't prove or disprove if he's related to modern day Han Chinese,while Confucius's descendants were enfeoffed as marquises/dukes.(Confucius's descendants also reached Korea.)

Zhou populations also clustered with Han dynasty in skeletal studies,showing that they were related.

While your premise of Confucius or Qin Shihuang as Korean is utterly ridiculous as neither the Lu or Qin states spoke Koreanic languages,and there's evidence of a Koreanic substratum in Sinitic languages etither.

Trần and Hồ Dynasty is Vietnamese Dynasty, because they were 越化 vietnamized culturally after many hundred year and fought against Chinese invaders to protect independence of Vietnam.
There's no such thing as 越化,otherwise show a primary source where it was used this way.

Vietnamese culture was a carbon copy of Chinese culture,the identity that there was a distinct Vietnamese identity is challenged by modern day scholars.

I'm just using your logic,that non Han/Hua ethnicity means that the dynasty in no longer Chinese.

There was never an ethnic component to the concept of the Mandate of Heaven.

Otherwise look at countries such as England using your logic England ceased to exist when its rulers were of Roman,Anglo Saxon,Dane,Norman,Scot,Germanic heritage.

Dog Napping in Vietnam | The Diplomat
thediplomat_2014-08-24_00-16-22-386x257.jpg

Who determine what is normal what is not? Blue Cheese smell like diarrhea but westerners love it. To me and some other people it's disgusting and should be ban.

Who determine what is normal what is not? Blue Cheese smell like diarrhea but westerners love it. To me and some other people it's disgusting and should be ban.
come on, you can´t compare vegetarian cheese with dog meat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom