What's new

History of the looting of the Indian army in the war of liberation , and reasons of helping us (Bangladesh)

If you are done then that’s ok.

No intention of going to anyone’s wall.

The fact remains that Indian forces behaved professionally and the act of helping BD in its liberation can’t be tarnished 50 years later based on hearsay.

bla bla bla

Crying when hit with logic? What happened to ignoring me?

Ohhh boy. This is the mentality that made Pakistan commit the genocide. Don’t care atttitude.

i didnt say i am going to ignore you. i said take it to my wall instead of trying to bait me into derailing the thread. i dont want to be a brown noser and report you to the mods.

@Atlas and all the other B-deshi posters.

A sincere advise from a Pakistani who actually believes the 1971 debacle was a huge disgrace that we are responsible for.

Bangladesh needs to look at the longue dureè of things.

Assam and WB both have huge Muslim populations. WB houses more Muslims than many small Muslim countries like Jordan, UAE, Lebanon, Kazakhstan etc. The two states around Bdesh alone house around 35 million Muslims. And it's inevitable that they will become majority or atleast at parity with Hindus there.

I see no effort by Bdeshis to exert any sort of soft power on those people, for now or for the future. India seems to be dictating all the terms to you. You don't have to go out and capture those territories. But you should have enough influence and soft power over them to make WB and Assam your satellite states like UAE and Kuwait are for Saudi.

Pay attention to media, political lobbying, investments in these areas. I'd say Bdesh's geographical position even allows it to have economic control over the Northeastern states.

There has been an enormous lack of vision on the side of Bdesh in this regard.

What a shambolic thread and surprisingly it's made by a Bangladeshi.

Be grateful to Indian army for whatever they did to get us liberated instead of making such false claim. India could've just sateyed and take control of bangladesh after their grand victory against the Pakistan Army.

Be grateful to Indian army for whatever they did to get us liberated instead of making such false claim.
Our freedom war started in 26 march! Indian army came in December, so why we should be grateful to Indian army? They did not liberate us, but our freedom fighters did!
What a shambolic thread and surprisingly it's made by a Bangladeshi.
It's not surprising at all. But indeed it's surprising that as a Bangladeshi you are taking the side of Indian army instead of taking the side of the heroes of Bangladesh aka freedom fighters!
India could've just sateyed and take control of bangladesh after their grand victory against the Pakistan Army.
Bold part , no Indian army could not stay for long time. Because Pakistan alleged India to capture it's Eastern part , and if India stayed for long , that only would strengthen that claim of Pakistan. So even it was not possible for India to stay there for long time, let alone taking control of Bangladesh. Things are not as easier as you are thinking!

And now the underline part of your message , It was not victory of Indian Army against Pakistan army. India could not defeat Pakistan Army if civilians were supporting them.

That time all civilians ( except Razakars , Al badr , Al shams and few others , who were few in numbers) were against Pakistan army and were supporting the Mukti Bahini ( made of East Bengal regiment, EPR , Ansar , Police and civilians trained by East Bengal regiment) . That's the reason Indian army was able to take the cake in just 13 days!

So the bottom line is , our freedom war was never any fight between Pakistan and India, but it was a civil war (জনযুদ্ধ) against Pakistan military regime, all Bengali people were actively supporting our liberation war and supporting Mukti Bahini , so we became liberated , period!

Without the support of civilians, no war can be won. Read this article on METT TC carefully for better understanding. It's about real life warfare.

Last edited:
Settle the allegation of looting first before raising another matter. A serious allegation has been made against an Indian army which sacrificed 3K+ men for a population which 24 years prior aided in the break up of India.
Either prove it or retract from it.
This is a highly exaggerated facebook post, the reality is not even remotely close to the magnitude cited here. 90,000 crore Rupees loot.:lol: Our 1972 entire national budget was 786 crore Taka. Then as of now Taka and Rupee had comparable values. So you can imagine, what type of ganja puffed by writer whoever written this stuff.

But it is true that Indian army took all the weapons surrendered by Pak forces. But values of those would not even cross a hundred crore Rupees. We may debate about whether or not Indian should have taken all those arms or should have given a portion to the newly established Bangladesh army. But this things never come out in conversation or get publish in mainstream media in Bangladesh. Only some facebook posts or Youtube videos these type of news can be found.

Indian army also took things which they should not have. I have read that, there was quite a sofisticated radar in Dhaka. Indian army took that and then set up in Jallundhar, Punjab. They may also took some industrial machineries, but not that much. In fact, Bangladesh then had very few industrial machinery to begin with. Whatever, this is not a big issue and do not come in our discussion anywhere.

But it is true that Indian army took all the weapons surrendered by Pak forces. But values of those would not even cross a hundred crore Rupees. We may debate about whether or not Indian should have taken all those arms or should have given a portion to the newly established Bangladesh army.
The amount really isn't the main topic I believe. Even if it was 1 lakh , they had no right to take.

Indians are only highlighting the amount 90000 crore for a reason and the reason is to divert the main theme of this topic.

Even, only looting isn't the main issue here , it's just one of the issues!

Indians aren't talking about the other elements of this thread , only stick to 90000 crore rupee.

So indeed 90000 crore of such type is exaggeration as a Bengali nature.

But other things definitely make sense.

Last edited:
I don't think so. And irregular Mukti Bahini was under command of regular soldiers , so there was no reason regulars aka officers would failed to control them.

So Pakistan solderis would be completely safe.
It was a self made and believed propaganda by Pak army back then circulated so that they don't have to surrender infront of Mukti bahini and hand over their weapons. They found surrendering to indian forces much more palatable and less humiliating than a guerrilla forces. Mukti Bahini's core was entirely formed by professional soldiers deserted from Pak army after the genocide commenced at 25th March. Mukti Bahini was an informal name. The formal name is 'Bangladesh forces' which is written in the 'Instrument of Surrender' and it was under the provisional govt. of Bangladesh in Mujibnagar, Meherpur. But Pak army behaved as it is some kind of marauding gang of goons and dacoite devoid of any understanding about the rules and norms of the war. It was not about getting lynched by Mukti Bahini, but facing trial and the added humiliation of surrendering to a lesser forces which made the Pak army to circulate that kind of propaganda. As the ethno-linguistic cousins, Indian army totally swayed by their argument and even allowed them to carry personal firearm after surrender.

Last edited:
It was a self made and believed propaganda by Pak army back then circulated so that they don't have to surrender infront of Mukti bahini and hand over their weapons. They found surrendering to indian forces much more palatable and less humiliating than a guerrilla forces. Mukti Bahini's leadership was entirely formed by professional soldiers deserted from Pak army after the genocide commenced at 25th March. Mukti Bahini was an informal name. The formal name is 'Bangladesh forces' which is written in the 'Instrument of Surrender' and it was under the provisional govt. of Bangladesh in Mujibnagar, Meherpur. But Pak army behaved as it is some kind of marauding gang of goons and dacoite devoid of any understanding about the rules and norms of the war. It was not about getting lynched by Mukti Bahini, but facing trial and the added humiliation of surrendering to a lesser forces which made the Pak army to circulate that kind of propaganda. As the ethno-linguistic cousins, Indian army totally swayed by their argument and even allowed them to carry personal firearm after surrender.
MAG Osmani's helicopter very conveniently crashed a few days before the signing ceremony and he was unable to attend because of his injuries.

It's 2021 and unfortunately 1971 is still not forgotten even though most Pakistanis and Bangladeshis have no issues with each other, they intermarry, are happy too meet in foreign lands ("aapna banda") and are friends with and the most important thing: both are predominantly PROUD Muslims.

Pakistan made mistakes, Bangladesh made mistakes, it was the will of Allah that both countries separated now. For me it's a good reminder, that Muslims need to overcome race, ethnicity, language and "class", otherwise we will be humiliated!

I wish Bangladesh all the best and pray that Pakistan and Bangladesh will become one state (city :D @DalalErMaNodi ) again.

Few weeks ago I became a father alhamdulillah and I would be happy when my son would find a Bangladeshi woman one day to marry. We need to stop the hatred and start a new generation of patriots!

It's just a matter of time inshallah. Forget 1971!

It was a self made and believed propaganda by Pak army back then circulated so that they don't have to surrender infront of Mukti bahini and hand over their weapons. They found surrendering to indian forces much more palatable and less humiliating than a guerrilla forces.
Exactly. This is the same thing I have been saying and some Pakistani users keep trolling.

Also I believe that Niazi invited Indian army to save their a.ss from himation so Indian army joined. I know it's sounds like conspiracy theory , but I just think it could be true.

Even without Indian naval blockade it was not easy to send aid from Pakistan ( formerly west Pakistan) because India already blocked the air root and sea root is 3270 miles long.

And I believe any aid from Pakistan would be blocked by Mukti Bahini, same as Ziaur Rahman looted Pakistani weapons and used in freedom fight ( nowadays that BAL govt shamelessly deny) , so any aid from west Pakistan would be hijacked by Mukti Bahini .

That's the reason I think Niazi made a pact with aurora and invited Indian army.

Indian navy imposed a naval blockade that was not necessary at all to block any aid from 3279 miles.

So yes everything was a plan between Indian army and loser Niazi Yahyah and Bhutto axis.

Mukti Bahini's leadership was entirely formed by professional soldiers deserted from Pak army after the genocide commenced at 25th March. Mukti Bahini was an informal name. The formal name is 'Bangladesh forces' which is written in the 'Instrument of Surrender' and it was under the provisional govt. of Bangladesh in Mujibnagar, Meherpur
Exactly. So other troops trained by BSF ( as Indians chest beat) never participated in our war before Indian army came.

Like Mujib Bahini ,who had no relationship with Bangabadhu sheikh Mujib.
But Pak army behaved as it is some kind of marauding gang of goons and dacoite devoid of any understanding about the rules and norms of the war. It was not about getting lynched by Mukti Bahini, but facing trial and the added humiliation of surrendering to a lesser forces which made the Pak army to circulate that kind of propaganda
Exactly ! I whole heartedly agree. Look brother , in 25 march midnight they started operation searchlight on their own civilians and also by trying to disarming Bengali soldiers!

Later the declaration of independence came after the heinous act. And later it continued.

But look what now Indians are trying to propagate.

They are trying to propagate that Mukti Bahini would destroy them,that mean Indians are just trying to show our liberation force/ Bangla force as uncivilised goons!

That's the reason they dare to call it as India Pakistan war and surprisingly some Bangladeshi still believe that India liberated us.
What a great insult to our heroes . What kind of people are they!
As the ethno-linguistic cousins, Indian army totally swayed by their argument and even allowed them to carry personal firearm after surrender.
Yes agree. But about the looting even from civilians are also true I believe. As there are some references in the op too.

But anyway if Pakistan army let them take the weapons , still it's looting.

As it's belong to us. If Indian army was burglar , then Pakistan army who started operation searchlight by tagging Bengalis as Indian stooge and by trying to disarming Bengali soldiers were not firishta either, but they were murderer and against them we declared war after 25th march midnight massacre!

So you know birds of a feather flock together.

But loot is loot , and India army looted and Pakistan army was accomplice of the looting ,since they surrendered to Indians.

But yes surely I never blame common people of Pakistan for anything , as they had no clue what was happening in eastern front , there was no internet for everyone that time like present days . But that's different argument.
@Homo Sapiens
MAG Osmani's helicopter very conveniently crashed a few days before the signing ceremony and he was unable to attend because of his injuries.
It was a master plan to prevent him joining the ceremony.

Last edited:
Few weeks ago I became a father alhamdulillah
Alhamdulillah, and congratulations brother.

and I would be happy when my son would find a Bangladeshi woman one day to marry.
Inshallah, I sincerely wish your son will find a nice Bangladeshi woman as his wife, and your dream will come true inshallah. Amin.

We need to stop the hatred and start a new generation of patriots!

It's just a matter of time inshallah. Forget 1971!
Surely no enmity exists , because past is past .
What happened just happened. If 1971 is mentioned it's only as a memory , same as America celebrate it's independence but accepted UK as their finest friend.

Bangladesh and Pakistan will soon become best friendly nation I wish.
:cheers:

@Iltutmish

Why so sensitive ? Don't be a flower..

Always have to bring in your insecurities into every BD thread.

We'll post what we like and express our opinions in whichever fashion we fancy, deal with it... Or just cry over '71,... Lovely sight for us either way.

In current Pakistan BD is totally irrelevant no one think, talk about BD in daily life in Pakistan. Its the th BD people who kept crying about Pakistan and dont leave any chance to bash Pakistan to please Indian masters.
Bangladeshi people who recognise Indian help can read this analysis of the writer. Please do not insult our freedom fighters by recognising the false help propaganda of the dragon India! They did not help us in our liberation war, period!

All BD civil war was backed, supported, financed and trained by India BD people were just pawns who help India to get their goals.

Without India there would have been no BD today.

In current Pakistan BD is totally irrelevant no one think, talk about BD in daily life in Pakistan.
It's same here in Bangladesh. People honestly do not have time to talk about Pakistan. We have other important things to do.
Its the th BD people who kept crying about Pakistan and dont leave any chance to bash Pakistan to please Indian masters.
It's partly correct. However such people exist in pakistan too.

Some of you always come here uninvited and start trolling.

Some of you say that you do not care about Bangladesh, but can never stop posting in this sub forum, even can not stop trolling in such a very important thread.

In Bangladesh we also have such jobless people who day and night name pakistan and spread hate. They are actually low paid raw moles in Bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom