What's new

History of the looting of the Indian army in the war of liberation , and reasons of helping us (Bangladesh)

Some hillarious assertions on this thread

Lets examine these numbers to start with:

The huge quantity of arms and ammunition left behind by 93,000 Pakistani soldiers - valued at Rs 26,000 crore at the time - was looted from Bangladesh by the Indian Army in 15 large ships.

26000 Cr, i.e 26000 x 10000000 = 260000000000 rs, in 1972 the exchange rate for PKR was 4.2 against USD, so i.e 61.9 Billion USD.

Back when in 1970 the entire GDP of Pakistan was 10.03 Billion USD. Apparently, just EP had surrendered arms worth 6 times the combined GDP of WP and EP.

Also 26000 cr for 93000 soldiers, which by logical estimate was more like 55000 combatants.. and apparently each of those soldiers attributed for 47.27 lakh worth of Arms... Also remember back in 1970 Per capita income of Pakistan was $172= 722.4rs/annum.

View attachment 722044

Similarly
the equipment of hundreds of mills in Bangladesh, banks, schools, colleges, universities, even household items were not spared from the hands of greedy Indian looters. The value of these assets and commodities at that time was approximately 90 thousand crore rupees.

90000 Cr = 214.28 Billion USD.

Again loot that was 21 times the size of the entire economy of Pakistan, and even if Bangladesh accounted for half, apparently the loot would have been 42 times of East Pakistan's GDP...

And surprisingly... the entire GDP of India in 1971 was 67.35 Billion USD.

And India apparently looted 214.28 Billion USD from Bangladesh and apparently 61.9 Billion in Arms and ammunition.

So in total India was able to loot 276.18 Billion usd from a 10 billion USD country, Can it really get any more hilarious than this?

Who writes this non sense?
There should be an award for best analysis.

The huge quantity of arms and ammunition left behind by 93,000 Pakistani soldiers - valued at Rs 26,000 crore at the time - was looted from Bangladesh by the Indian Army in 15 large ships.

26000 Cr, i.e 26000 x 10000000 = 260000000000 rs, in 1972 the exchange rate for PKR was 4.2 against USD, so i.e 61.9 Billion USD.

Back when in 1970 the entire GDP of Pakistan was 10.03 Billion USD. Apparently, just EP had surrendered arms worth 6 times the combined GDP of WP and EP.

Also 26000 cr for 93000 soldiers, which by logical estimate was more like 55000 combatants.. and apparently each of those soldiers attributed for 47.27 lakh worth of Arms... Also remember back in 1970 Per capita income of Pakistan was $172= 722.4rs/annum.

View attachment 722044

Similarly
the equipment of hundreds of mills in Bangladesh, banks, schools, colleges, universities, even household items were not spared from the hands of greedy Indian looters. The value of these assets and commodities at that time was approximately 90 thousand crore rupees.

Again loot that was 21 times the size of the entire economy of Pakistan, and even if Bangladesh accounted for half, apparently the loot would have been 42 times of East Pakistan's GDP...

And India apparently looted 214.28 Billion USD from Bangladesh and apparently 61.9 Billion in Arms and ammunition.

So in total India was able to loot 276.18 Billion usd from a 10 billion USD country, Can it really get any more hilarious than this?

Some bangladeshis wrote this nonsense and a bangladeshi member posted it. And now these bangladeshis believe it too

I dont know whether Quora can be a good source for reference. However, I am not one to complain here, given that this one is praising Indian army and explaining the entire looting issue.

From what you have explained, I dont see fraternization as a bad thing at all. Indian army went beyond the letter of the law and acted in good spirit to help stranded civilians reach to safety. I would say this is beyond professionalism. They acted in basic humanity and mercy. Indian army could not have left them to loot and death.
My pride in our army has increased after reading above.

What @Baibars_1260 just shared was an account by a retired Indian Colonel who explained that once BD army was setutp, most of the captured weapons were handed over to them.
Do you know about this?

This Baibars guy is a false flagger Indian, we all know this. Apparently you don't.

Here is a thread discussing the looting by Indian Army from commoners.

There is no accounting for all the industrial machinery Indians looted from Bangladesh. Just trucked them away overnight.

All told - reportedly about $2 Billion worth of stuff (in 1971 valuation) was stolen by India. Shameless bunch.

Now these shameless idiots are coming here boasting about how wrong we are to say this.

Comparing GDP with imported machinery costs and what not. Chulchera Hishab.

Even if one lakh was stolen - it was still looting.

This is well documented. Whatever was not bolted down, Indian Army lifted it away.

And we've also been buying their crap - $50 Billion worth every year (now), for fifty years !

Hasina has no shame.

Last edited:
@magra
This Baibars guy is a false flagger Indian, we all know this. Apparently you don't.

Please report all false flaggers to the mods.

Actually the video shows something very different. The soldiers are Tamils probably from the Madras Sappers. The JCO seems to have in captivity, a supposed West Pakistani sympathizer ( Razakar ), and is rather reluctant to take a decision on that person's fate, first saying 'We can do nothing" , then saying "we can do anything when the commander comes.". Only one of the soldiers speaks Hindi, and they are searching a group of captives for concealed weapons and that too rather half heartedly. They use a bunched up piece of cloth to push it in the face of the captives as a threat. It doesn't appear if their intent was to hurt the captives. Normal search procedures require complete stripping of the captives and making them lie prone on the stomach with hands tied behind. The faces are slapped or hit with a stick. These Tamil soldiers almost seem reluctant at their task. They don't appear to be looting money because they can't use that money in India and Pakistan had already demonetized the currency within East Pakistan.

One of the articles of war booty in India is General Niazi's car.. This Mercedes car was used by GOC of India's Eastern Command.

The car disappeared 10 years back :

Then it reappeared on 16th December 2020.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...liam-for-vijay-diwas/articleshow/79597595.cms

Last edited:
Why so sensitive ? Don't be a flower..

Always have to bring in your insecurities into every BD thread.

We'll post what we like and express our opinions in whichever fashion we fancy, deal with it... Or just cry over '71,... Lovely sight for us either way.
every one can see who is the most insecure group in south asia
Bold part , I am taking it as offense against my nation. who was our old master then ? West Pakistan?
thsi si what you guys always vomits here and there no one says that.

View attachment 722044

Similarly

but you indians proudly beleive and make propaganda that teh same 55K soldiers can kill 3 million Bengalis and rape million of women in few days, this is same when you say that 55k soldiers can do that then why not india can loot that amount?

I am not trying to create a controversy here, just satisfying my curiosity.
When we were in school our boy scout trainer ,who was a veteran of 71 war told us that they raped Pakistani women freely wherever they moved forward.
At the time we were thinking of Pakistan, but in retrospect he was probably referring to the Bangladesh sector ( it's my understanding there was no population capture in the western sector).
Can any Pakistani/Bangladeshi shed light?

by supporting Haseena and Aziz Bangladeshi are still slaves of hindu banya that raped Bangladeshi women and looted their wealth!
but as long as haseena keeps chanting anti Pakistan bs bangladeshis are okay with slavery!

return our expenses in liberation of Bangladesh , we will return pakistani rifles .

Return all the profit you made selling all the sub-par Indian garbage sold to us in the last 50 years, which you gained as a favorable market after 1971.

And also profits earned while forcing one-sided capital project deals on us by politically twisting our arms, especially through entente with World Bank and IMF during loan agreements.

I am not trying to create a controversy here, just satisfying my curiosity.
When we were in school our boy scout trainer ,who was a veteran of 71 war told us that they raped Pakistani women freely wherever they moved forward.
At the time we were thinking of Pakistan, but in retrospect he was probably referring to the Bangladesh sector ( it's my understanding there was no population capture in the western sector).
Can any Pakistani/Bangladeshi shed light?

Possible :

A vicious conquering army that seeks a "1000 year old vengeance " would obviously subject women of the enemy population to the most horrible treatment. In the eyes of the common soldier it didn't matter if the women were from a population officially an ally. Indian Pakistani wars are basically over religion, not territory.
Look what the Indian Army COAS had to say about treatment of Pakistani women if captured.
So Manekshaw was mildly rebuking rape of Pakistani women for international optics, and uses the word "Begum" a term commonly used in Bangladesh.

No significant population centers fell to the Indian Army on the western front so Manekshaw was referring to Bangladesh ( then East Pakistan).

1614934288528.jpeg

Possible :

A vicious conquering army that seeks a "1000 year old vengeance " would obviously subject women of the enemy population to the most horrible treatment. In the eyes of the common soldier it didn't matter if the women were from a population officially an ally. Indian Pakistani wars are basically over religion, not territory.
Look what the Indian Army COAS had to say about treatment of Pakistani women if captured.
So Manekshaw was mildly rebuking rape of Pakistani women for international optics, and uses the word "Begum" a term commonly used in Bangladesh.

No significant population centers fell to the Indian Army on the western front so Manekshaw was referring to Bangladesh ( then East Pakistan).

View attachment 722141
These begums were most likely bihari and small West Pakistani settlers.

every one can see who is the most insecure group in south asia

We certainly can,.. so insecure in their own lack of cultural identity that the said people felt the need to appropriate the culture of the Arabs, the Persians while forever striving to think of themselves as Turks.
With your extensive knowledge, you can be simultaneously a citizen of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. :)

You keep him, we don't want snakes in our country, have quite a few native ones as is.

We certainly can,.. so insecure in their own lack of cultural identity that the said people felt the need to appropriate the culture of the Arabs, the Persians while forever striving to think of themselves as Turks.
good for you that you understand at least we dont try to be more hindus then hindus themselves. :enjoy:

good for you that you understand at least we dont try to be more hindus then hindus themselves. :enjoy:

We can look beyond religion, when you come out of the dark ages, you'll see..

If not butchering our Hindu minority makes us less 'muslim' in your eyes then so be it.. we'd rather do the right thing then have you whisper sweet nothings into our ear.

So your not so creative 'insult' instills great pride in us, try again, next time.

Back
Top Bottom