What's new

History of Pakistan from 3000 BC to the present

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Great One

Hindu's stayed in present day Pakistan after IVC collapsed, dearie.

Before Mughal rule, present day Pakistan was all Hindu, therefore, yes, we do have a right to the IVC. Don't base everything on religion. Just because it's Hindu doesn't mean it belongs to India.

@Samantk

My point being that your culture started in IVC, which is in Pakistan.

@The Great One

Before Mughal rule, present day Pakistan was all Hindu, therefore, yes, we do have a right to the IVC. Don't base everything on religion. Just because it's Hindu doesn't mean it belongs to India.
Prove that present day Pakistani's are all descendants of IVC and then we'll talk.

@The Great One

@Samantk

My point being that your culture started in IVC, which is in Pakistan.
Yeah the 'geographical' history of Pakistan, then again what is your point?

There is evidence that the measurements used in present south India were the same as IVC, are you telling that they never migrated to the south India?

I don't know why indians and pakistanis are saying sanatan dharma(hinduism) started from ivc.the holy city of varanasi or kashi is 3000 to 4000 years old and also the remnants of dwarika city found by archaelogist are 4000 to 5000 year old.i dont have links as iam on cellfone but you can try and search it on youtube and google.

The sad truth is that only Pakistanis try hard to grad IVC as their history and discard it as India's history. In India,however, we never try to say that IVC belonged to us and Pakistanis are just some outsiders who came after MBQ. The reality is that no matter how hard Pakistanis try their are enough people among them who know that they have come from the same seeds that almost every Indian has. We Indians cant do a lot for them but can atleast sympathize with them...

From another thread:

2. Our Ancestors arrived from Arabian Peninsula.

This claim has been made by the Ghairat Brigade since long. They have tried to downplay the linkages that we have with our subcontinental ancestors and tried via popular media and textbooks to somehow prove that our ancestors were not people living in the Subcontinent for thousands of years rather they came from the Arabian Peninsula.
A look at the genealogies of two of our founding fathers i.e Jinnah and Iqbal tells us that Mr. Jinnah belonged to a Sindhi family that had migrated to Gujarat.(Akbar S Ahmad, Jinnah, Pakistan and Islamic Identity; Routledge, 1997; Chapter 1,page 1 ) while Iqbal belonged to a Kashmiri Sheikh family. Also, there was a considerable population consisting of Jatts and Gujjars before Islam came to our part of the world. Most of us are descendents of those early converts. The people most likely to have come down from Arabia are the Syeds who claim to be direct descendents from the Prophet (PBUH). Interestingly, in a research conduted by University College London, Y chromosomes of self-identified Syeds from the Indian subcontinent show evidence of elevated Arab ancestry but not of a recent common patrilineal origin For more on the castes of our country, visit this page.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...72-murder-history-pakistan.html#ixzz1w39AkytN

For more: Distortion of History in Pakistan -1/3 - YouTube!

Apart from dwarka, varanasi, Kashmir was also a vedic city when the kambojas ruled there at the ages of mahabharata.

IVC is in current Pak, but to call that India had nothing to do with IVC is BS. I mean its clear from history. Similarly India is also influenced by Persian, Arab and Anglo culture from time to time.

It adds beauty to everything we see in the subcontinent. History doesnt belong to any one nation.

Moreover,

Technically speaking, present India's claim on Indus civilization is as good as Pakistan's claim on Taj Mahal or India Gate. Since all these structures were built when both Pakistan and India were part of the same nation
:rofl:
You can claim all that you mentioned but unfortunately India wouldn't want to claim anything from Pakistan...because you guys have nothing worth the name to offer!! And we don't want the likes of Zardari and Hafiz Saeed in lieu of the Taj Mahal or India Gate!!
lol-034.gif

I don't know why indians and pakistanis are saying sanatan dharma(hinduism) started from ivc.the holy city of varanasi or kashi is 3000 to 4000 years old and also the remnants of dwarika city found by archaelogist are 4000 to 5000 year old.i dont have links as iam on cellfone but you can try and search it on youtube and google.

Hinduism was an evolving philosophy. What we are saying is that the indigenous set of beliefs of Hinduism was augmented by concepts from the IVC. The merger was so thorough that the IVC is now considered indigenous in India even though, historically, the IVC itself was never part of a greater regional empire. It does not negate the fact that India, especially NW India, has full dibs on the IVC as being their heritage also.

i have never seen someone so desperate to try and show them selfs as having a separate identity . :rolleyes:

to me it does not matter what you were 1000 yrs or even 5000 yrs ago . its your present and your future which should matter . the big questing to ask your selfs is not when i came from but where i am headed. and is it in the right direction ?

you trying to dissociate your selfs from your past will in no way change your future.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom