What's new

HISTORY OF MALABAR :DISCUSSIONS.

Even LTTE used it for their propaganda ..... They saw the Tamil-Sinhala conflict as Ravan-Ram / Dravida-Aryan conflict .

Is he ?? o_O

Yes .adyam enikkathu ariyillayirunnu .Pinne ayal marichu kazhinju newsil vannayirunnu

Even LTTE used it for their propaganda ..... They saw the Tamil-Sinhala conflict as Ravan-Ram / Dravida-Aryan conflict .

Is he ?? o_O
Pirapakaran was a converted karaiyar Christian..Yes,His father was from Kerala...
A lot of Srilankan Tamils,Muslims and even Sinhalese had Kerala ancestry...

Yes .adyam enikkathu ariyillayirunnu .Pinne ayal marichu kazhinju newsil vannayirunnu
Prabhakarante achante photo kandittundo??..oru malayali NAAYARe poleundu..Thani pakarppu..Thamizhanaanenu aarum parayoola..

I cant understand.What does that haplogroup mean?
How cant make it a distress among Pakistanis?
@possumlot.

In simple words it means a group of people who have a common ancestor.

That particular ancestor had a specific gene mutation which he passed on to all his children and their children and so on.

The map shows the distribution frequency/dispersion of his children.

Well pakistani who claim fair aryan supremacy over dark dravidians will be distressed as they appear to have the same ancestor as the dravidians :D

Ella .Link vallathum undo.

48e71a21c234a7962f85183f6b90cca5.jpg

tamilmakkalkuralblogspot.jpg (image)

In simple words it means a group of people who have a common ancestor.

That particular ancestor had a specific gene mutation which he passed on to all his children and their children and so on.

The map shows the distribution frequency/dispersion of his children.

Well pakistani who claim fair aryan supremacy over dark dravidians will be distressed as they appear to have the same ancestor as the dravidians :D

And it seems concentration in Kerala and entire Pakistan is almost similar with much higher level

So @abjktu was right .That old man is almost similar to a typical Nair in kerala.

And it seems concentration in Kerala and entire Pakistan is almost similar with much higher level

So @abjktu was right .That old man is almost similar to a typical Nair in kerala.
.......... Nairs and Bunts: Two castes with common roots?
Nairs and Bunts
Nairs of Kerala and Bunts of Karnataka and Konkan coast share many features. Some of the websites of Bunt Community have pointed
out these similarities. However, Nair
community in general and Nair organizations in particular are yet to realize the relations between these two communities. Being from Southern Kerala I never thought that both the communities share similarities. But close contacts with Bunts changed my perception.
Both communities are share many things.
My first encounter with Bunts occurred at Kasaragod, the northernmost district of Kerala
bordering South Kanara district of Karnataka.
Friendly Bunts of Kasaragod and Manjeswaram are hardworking people who have proved their worth in agriculture, business and arts
and culture like their Nair counterparts in Kerala.
Numerically Nairs outnumber Bunts. It is estimated that there are more than 75 lakh Nairs in India with around 60 lakh in Kerala and the rest in other parts. Bunts could be less than 20 lakh, mainly in coastal Karnataka and Mumbai. (Estimates are rough and average of figures from different Census)
Similarities
Both castes have been warriors and feudal lords in the past and turned to agriculture in the later years. Bunts and Nairs share many common customs in social life. The form of Hinduism followed by both communities traditionally involves worship of Serpent (Naga) Gods at Sacred Groves (Sarpa Kavu) in
Tharavads. Both worshipped mother goddess traditionally (Devi).
The languages of Malayalam spoken by Nairs and Tulu spoken by Bunts have many similarities and number of common words in both the languages is very high. It is said that
in the past both Ancient Malayalam and Tulu were written using same script. In business both Nairs and Bunts are especially successful
in hotel industry. Both community members share similar physical features too. A large section of Nairs and Bunts are fair complexioned. However, while one could find
many people with blue, light brown, grey and green eyes among Bunts it is not that common to find blue and green eye colour among Nairs. However light brown and grey
eyes are not that rare among Nairs too.
Perhaps Nairs who are mythically from North who migrated to further South might have mixed more with local communities.
Historical evidence of relation between Nairs and Bunts..
Nair community’s origin is often attributed to Nagas of Ahichatra in Bareilli taluk of Uttar Pradesh who later migrated to the South. (This
is not a verified conclusion as there are many theories) Similarly, myths about Bunts also share the same origin. In Mahabharata it is mentioned that Drupada ruled Ahi Kshetra meaning land of Nagas. Thus taking this direction it is likely that first group of immigrants from Ahichatra had settled in coastal Karnataka before a large section
moved further South to Kerala settled here and intermingled with existing groups in Kerala.
A visit to a Bunt Tharavad in Kasaragod or coastal Karnataka will itself explain the Bunt- Nair relationship. The architecture of houses and the sacred grove are exact replica of Nair Tharavads in north Kerala and only slightly
different from Nair Tharavads in Central and South Kerala. Food habits of both communities have also lots in similar. Bothcommunities enjoy non vegetarian dishes.
Similar to the art form Yakshagana popular in coastal Karnataka, native place of Bunts, Nairs have Kathakali. I am not an expert in history but feel that serious studies need to be done
to find the relation between Nairs and Bunts........

More and More findings...
Kurup..You are a kalla Tulu shetty..b
better leave OUR Malayalam and embrace your original mother tongue Tulu...Tulu bashe barpunda??

.More and More findings...
better leave OUR Malayalam and embrace your original mother tongue Tulu...Tulu bashe barpunda??

If that is the case don't you think we should go back to UP ...... :p:

.......... Nairs and Bunts: Two castes with common roots?
Nairs and Bunts
Nairs of Kerala and Bunts of Karnataka and Konkan coast share many features. Some of the websites of Bunt Community have pointed
out these similarities. However, Nair
community in general and Nair organizations in particular are yet to realize the relations between these two communities. Being from Southern Kerala I never thought that both the communities share similarities. But close contacts with Bunts changed my perception.
Both communities are share many things.
My first encounter with Bunts occurred at Kasaragod, the northernmost district of Kerala
bordering South Kanara district of Karnataka.
Friendly Bunts of Kasaragod and Manjeswaram are hardworking people who have proved their worth in agriculture, business and arts
and culture like their Nair counterparts in Kerala.
Numerically Nairs outnumber Bunts. It is estimated that there are more than 75 lakh Nairs in India with around 60 lakh in Kerala and the rest in other parts. Bunts could be less than 20 lakh, mainly in coastal Karnataka and Mumbai. (Estimates are rough and average of figures from different Census)
Similarities
Both castes have been warriors and feudal lords in the past and turned to agriculture in the later years. Bunts and Nairs share many common customs in social life. The form of Hinduism followed by both communities traditionally involves worship of Serpent (Naga) Gods at Sacred Groves (Sarpa Kavu) in
Tharavads. Both worshipped mother goddess traditionally (Devi).
The languages of Malayalam spoken by Nairs and Tulu spoken by Bunts have many similarities and number of common words in both the languages is very high. It is said that
in the past both Ancient Malayalam and Tulu were written using same script. In business both Nairs and Bunts are especially successful
in hotel industry. Both community members share similar physical features too. A large section of Nairs and Bunts are fair complexioned. However, while one could find
many people with blue, light brown, grey and green eyes among Bunts it is not that common to find blue and green eye colour among Nairs. However light brown and grey
eyes are not that rare among Nairs too.
Perhaps Nairs who are mythically from North who migrated to further South might have mixed more with local communities.
Historical evidence of relation between Nairs and Bunts..
Nair community’s origin is often attributed to Nagas of Ahichatra in Bareilli taluk of Uttar Pradesh who later migrated to the South. (This
is not a verified conclusion as there are many theories) Similarly, myths about Bunts also share the same origin. In Mahabharata it is mentioned that Drupada ruled Ahi Kshetra meaning land of Nagas. Thus taking this direction it is likely that first group of immigrants from Ahichatra had settled in coastal Karnataka before a large section
moved further South to Kerala settled here and intermingled with existing groups in Kerala.
A visit to a Bunt Tharavad in Kasaragod or coastal Karnataka will itself explain the Bunt- Nair relationship. The architecture of houses and the sacred grove are exact replica of Nair Tharavads in north Kerala and only slightly
different from Nair Tharavads in Central and South Kerala. Food habits of both communities have also lots in similar. Bothcommunities enjoy non vegetarian dishes.
Similar to the art form Yakshagana popular in coastal Karnataka, native place of Bunts, Nairs have Kathakali. I am not an expert in history but feel that serious studies need to be done
to find the relation between Nairs and Bunts........

More and More findings...

Wow that was a new knowledge for me.A lot of info.Thank you.
Bunt communities have green ,grey eyes not sure about blue eyes.Best example is Aiswarya Rai.
Well one of my relative have lightbrown eyes and I have medium brown eyes.
Blue eyes is almost impossible in Kerala except some places in Malabar.But twisted question why did their numbers is much less than Nairs? One of my uncle and aunt have black and brown complexion.But their sons complexion is absolute fair.Some times I wondered why did that happen?

I have some doubt about that UP migration theory
Present Upites are much differnt than us.

I have never seen a older gen. Nair use anything other than a white mundu. Have you ?....its only the new gen who uses colourful lungi.

We dont know whether he was a Nair or not.But he had some similarities with typical Nair in kerala.

We dont know whether he was a Nair or not.But he had some similarities with typical Nair in kerala.

LOL...what similarity ? That he was old and had white hair ? You put a UP bhaiya in a lungi and take a photo he too will start looking like a "nair". :P

LOL...what similarity ? That he was old and had white hair ? You put a UP bhaiya in a lungi and take a photo he too will start looking like a "nair". :P

Well I dont think so.
One of our old congressman in Kerala Thennala Balakrsihna pillai is almost looked like him.

Wow that was a new knowledge for me.A lot of info.Thank you.
Bunt communities have green ,grey eyes not sure about blue eyes.Best example is Aiswarya Rai.
Well one of my relative have lightbrown eyes and I have medium brown eyes.
Blue eyes is almost impossible in Kerala except some places in Malabar.But twisted question why did their numbers is much less than Nairs? One of my uncle and aunt have black and brown complexion.But their sons complexion is absolute fair.Some times I wondered why did that happen?

I have some doubt about that UP migration theory
Present Upites are much differnt than us.
......... The 17th century Brahmin -
inspired Keralolpathi of the Malayali brahmins and the Grama Padhati
of Tulu brahmins describes the Nairs of Kerala and the similarly.matrilineal Bunts of TuluNadu as descendants of Kshatriyas who
accompanied the Brahmins to Kerala and Tulu Nadu respectively from Ahichatra/Ahikshetra in northern Panchala. .the remains of this city have been found in Ramnagar village in Aonla tehsil of Bareilly district in current Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.......
The Manual of Madras Administration Vol II (printed in 1885) notes that the Nadavas are the same people as the Nairs of Malabar and the Bunts of southern Tulu Nadu:
“ They appear to have
entered Malabar from
the North rather than
the South and to have
peopled first the Tulu,
and then the Malayalam
country. They were
probably the off-shoot
of some colony in the
Konkan or the Deccan.
In Malabar and south of
Kanara as far as
Kasargod, they are
called Nayars and their
language is Malayalam.
From Kasargod to
Brahmavar, they are
termed as Bunts and
speak Tulu. To the north
of Brahmavar, they are
called Nadavars, and
they speak Kanarese. ”
The Nairs have disappeared as an entity from Tulu Nadu but the inscriptions found in Barkur from the medieval period as well as the Grama Padathi, which gives the history of Brahmin families in Tulu Nadu, have made several references to the Nairs. They seemed to have intimate connections with the Brahmins and acted as their protectors, perhaps brought to Tulu Nadu by the Kadamba kings in the 8th century. Kadamba king Mayuravarma , who is credited with bringing Brahmins from Ahichatra (from the north), also settled Nairs
in Tulu Nadu. Yet, there is no written proof for this occurrence and the only mention of the Nairs in the inscriptions comes after the
Alupa period (early part of 14th century). Like some of the kings of Malabar some South Kanara princes also have Nair ancestry. For example, the last ruler of Kanajar in Karkala
Taluk was a Nayar Hegde. The royal house in Kowdoor (adjacent to Kanajar) is known as "Naayara bettu" which still exists. Also "Nayara" is one of the Bunts surname. It is
postulated that the Nairs in Tulu Nadu were later absorbed into the social stratum of the Bunt/Nadava community. It is also postulated
that the Nayars of Malabar originally migrated from the Tulu nadu
It is to be noted that the traditions and cultures of Nairs and Bunts are same to a large extent. Currently the Nairs who can trace their descent back to Tulunadu are concentrated in the Malabar region......

Back
Top Bottom