Gaali-Gaali-Kaththu-kattu
Sheke-Sekke-Soodu-Choodu
Chali-Chali-Kulir-kulir/thanuppu
Pakki-Hakki/pakshi-patchi/parava-pakshi/parava
Jinke-Jinke-maan-maan
kappe-kappe-thavalai-thavala
kelasa/bele-kelasa-velai/thozhill-vela/thozhill
kelavu-kelavu-sila-chila..
which language has more resemblance with Kannada???

I am a Malayali,not bunt...

ingane povaanel ottum thamasikkaathe enikku praandhu pidikkum..

All I was meant that all these are theories.But one thing is clear some of the communities have foreign genetical influence.
By the way these tulunad means north malabar and adjacent areas .Am I right?

All I was meant that all these are theories.But one thing is clear some of the communities have foreign genetical influence.
By the way these tulunad means north malabar and adjacent areas .Am I right?
Northern part of kasargod districtkasargod town,kumbala,manjeshwaram)+Mangalore/uduppi Areas....
aarkariyaam??chilapol ithokke verum kettu kadhakalakaam..

Northern part of kasargod districtkasargod town,kumbala,manjeshwaram)+Mangalore/uduppi Areas....
aarkariyaam??chilapol ithokke verum kettu kadhakalakaam..

Ee tulunadan kalari ennokkke kettitille.Athukondu chodichathanu.
Ente oru bandhu Kozhikode schoolil teacher ayirunnu.Avar
paranjidatholam Avide yulla mikka alkarkkum Arabikalude oke oru gene undannanu.
Adyam enikkathariyillayirunnu.Ippol ee thread vayichapol ellam clear ayi.
Thanks to Nedungotta Battle and resistance that gene didnt flow in to Souther Kerala.

Thanks to Nedungotta Battle and resistance that gene didnt flow in to Souther Kerala.
there is no significant difference between malabar and rest of kerala. though, I tend to believe(may be wrong) kollam, trivandrum are more close to tamilnadu.

Ee tulunadan kalari ennokkke kettitille.Athukondu chodichathanu.
Ente oru bandhu Kozhikode schoolil teacher ayirunnu.Avar
paranjidatholam Avide yulla mikka alkarkkum Arabikalude oke oru gene undannanu.
Adyam enikkathariyillayirunnu.Ippol ee thread vayichapol ellam clear ayi.
Malappurathulla thangal kudumbam Yemenill ninnum vannathaanu..pinne daaralam arabikal kachodathinokke vannu Malabar bhaagamkalill kalla vedi vechittundu..koodathe tippuvinte kingaranmaarum...

kollam, trivandrum are more close to tamilnadu.
but they say kannyakumari is more closer to Kerala than Tamilnadu,both in culture/language and geography..

there is no significant difference between malabar and rest of kerala. though, I tend to believe(may be wrong) kollam, trivandrum are more close to tamilnadu.

Some parts of the Trivandrum is almost equal to Tamil Nadu.But I dont know much about kollam.

Malappurathulla thangal kudumbam Yemenill ninnum vannathaanu..pinne daaralam arabikal kachodathinokke vannu Malabar bhaagamkalill kalla vedi vechittundu..koodathe tippuvinte kingaranmaarum...

but they say kannyakumari is more closer to Kerala than Tamilnadu,both in culture/language and geography..

There was a lot of Pashtuns in Tippu Army.Am I right?

Nerathe evideyo vayichathanu.Kooduthal loyaltikkum athu pole porattathinum Tippu AfPak areail ninnu Pathans ne irakki .Tolpikkunna rajyathe streekala Balalsangam cheyyuga avanmarude hobby alliyo.
Athu thanne ivideyum cheythu kanum.

If Tulu was diverged earlier than Kannada,how could it be called a dialect of Kannada??...anyway...
If thats the case,Malayalam would be a dialect of Tamil..but its not...Even today Tamil-Malayalam closeness is way more than the Kannada-Tulu...FYI-Malayalam and Tamil languages are 50% mutual intelligible...yes,old Malayalam was a dialect of Tamil,but not the present one..Today both of them are independent languages......

Err...... I said "anything but a dialect of Kannada"........

...kopa maadko bedi...
Tulu has no resemblance with Kannada???
Thulu-Kannada-Tamil-Malayalam

Gaali-Gaali-Kaththu-kattu
Sheke-Sekke-Soodu-Choodu
Chali-Chali-Kulir-kulir/thanuppu
Pakki-Hakki/pakshi-patchi/parava-pakshi/parava
Jinke-Jinke-maan-maan
kappe-kappe-thavalai-thavala
kelasa/bele-kelasa-velai/thozhill-vela/thozhill
kelavu-kelavu-sila-chila..
which language has more resemblance with Kannada???

I am a Malayali,not bunt...

ingane povaanel ottum thamasikkaathe enikku praandhu pidikkum..
You borrow some words from other languages due to public contact ..i can give some words which are similar in tulu and malayalam
Tulu...malayali...
Bolpu..vellupu...morning
Ponnu...penn..girl
Paruthi..paruthi...cotton
Kattu...kattu...tie
Poo...poo...flower
Tavudu..tavudu...brown
Puchhe...puchhe...cat
There are so many words which are common ...you cant conclude anything maarayre...

yeah. that's true. I've had friends from Nagerkovil, Kanyakumari during college years. they speak fluent Malayalam. Travancore was a tiny kingdom of which Nanjil nadu(Nagerkovil-Kanyakumari) was a main part. it is very fertile land where paddy cultivation was more famous. they conquered in-fighting small kingdoms in Malayala nadu and expanded. IINM, Travancore kings are Pandya kings migrated from Madhura.

Since the history of Nairs are also discussed here, an interesting family is Meenachil Kartha's of Meenachil Taluk(Pala, Erattupetta etc) who are absorbed into Nair identity. but they are originally Rajputs who migrated from Mewar to Madurai and from their to Meenachil. Meenachil itself sounds Meenakshi(Madurai temple). Mevida is a place near Pala. Mevda=Mewar (I know there is a link connecting naming the place Mevida, forgot! :D)
"Meenachil Karthas (also known as Njavakkatt Karthas) were members of an Illathu Nair aristocratic clan, which ruled the small kingdom of Meenachil from 15th century AD until 1754. Unlike the other aristocratic Nair factions of North and Central Travancore who are descended from the Nāgas, the Meenachil Karthas were of Aryan origin.[1]"
Meenachil Kartha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Poonjar royal family is also interesting. they also came from Madurai.
Poonjar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You borrow some words from other languages due to public contact ..i can give some words which are similar in tulu and malayalam
Tulu...malayali...
Bolpu..vellupu...morning
Ponnu...penn..girl
Paruthi..paruthi...cotton
Kattu...kattu...tie
Poo...poo...flower
Tavudu..tavudu...brown
Puchhe...puchhe...cat
There are so many words which are common ...you cant conclude anything maarayre...
maraya..sumne sullu haelbedi...I didn't said Tulu a dialect of Kannada..but Tulu has lot more closeness to Kannada than surrounding other dravidan languages....
1.bolpu is belige in Kannada....
2.Ponnu is hennu in Kannada...
3. Paruthi is Paruthi in Malayalam/Tamil..
4.Poo is hoovu in Kannada...
5.kattu is kattu in Kannada too(Malayalam-kettu)..
6.Thavidu-Thavittu in Malayalam.
7.pooche-poocha /poochai in Malayalam/kannyakumari Tamil dialect..
yes,Thulu has lot of relations with Tamil/Malayalam too..infact all these are dravidan family,ne????
..but there are lot lot lot more commonness between thulu and Kannada and have many words/usages in common,that are not used in other dravidan languages..
Baaye much kondu hogappa..matte sigtini...

Some parts of the Trivandrum is almost equal to Tamil Nadu.But I dont know much about kollam.

Nerathe evideyo vayichathanu.Kooduthal loyaltikkum athu pole porattathinum Tippu AfPak areail ninnu Pathans ne irakki .Tolpikkunna rajyathe streekala Balalsangam cheyyuga avanmarude hobby alliyo.

Not sure .Pakshe tippuvinte koottathill kazhappu mootha oththiri ennamkal undaairunnu...

Last edited:
maraya..sumne sullu haelbedi...I didn't said Tulu a dialect of Kannada..but Tulu has lot more closeness to Kannada than surrounding other dravidan languages....
1.bolpu is belige in Kannada....
2.Ponnu is hennu in Kannada...
3. Paruthi is Paruthi in Malayalam/Tamil..
4.Poo is hoovu in Kannada...
5.kattu is kattu in Kannada too(Malayalam-kettu)..
6.Thavidu-Thavittu in Malayalam.
7.pooche-poocha /poochai in Malayalam/kannyakumari Tamil dialect..
yes,Thulu has lot of relations with Tamil/Malayalam too..infact all these are dravidan family,ne????
..but there are lot lot lot more commonness between thulu and Kannada and have many words/usages in common,that are not used in other dravidan languages..
Baaye much kondu hogappa..matte sigtini...

Not sure .Pakshe tippuvinte koottathill kazhappu mootha oththiri ennamkal undaairunnu...

Pathsnmarkku ippozhum a swabhavammariyittilla .Ippozhum oru sthalam pidicheduthal avar ithu thanneye kanikkunathu.

yeah. that's true. I've had friends from Nagerkovil, Kanyakumari during college years. they speak fluent Malayalam. Travancore was a tiny kingdom of which Nanjil nadu(Nagerkovil-Kanyakumari) was a main part. it is very fertile land where paddy cultivation was more famous. they conquered in-fighting small kingdoms in Malayala nadu and expanded. IINM, Travancore kings are Pandya kings migrated from Madhura.

Since the history of Nairs are also discussed here, an interesting family is Meenachil Kartha's of Meenachil Taluk(Pala, Erattupetta etc) who are absorbed into Nair identity. but they are originally Rajputs who migrated from Mewar to Madurai and from their to Meenachil. Meenachil itself sounds Meenakshi(Madurai temple). Mevida is a place near Pala. Mevda=Mewar (I know there is a link connecting naming the place Mevida, forgot! :D)
"Meenachil Karthas (also known as Njavakkatt Karthas) were members of an Illathu Nair aristocratic clan, which ruled the small kingdom of Meenachil from 15th century AD until 1754. Unlike the other aristocratic Nair factions of North and Central Travancore who are descended from the Nāgas, the Meenachil Karthas were of Aryan origin.[1]"
Meenachil Kartha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Poonjar royal family is also interesting. they also came from Madurai.
Poonjar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to early history North Indians are Aryans and South Indians are Brahmins.But now it is outdated.
Aryans are the ancient Persians from Medes ,etc.
Even if twe discuss a lot about Nairs still we dont know there correct origin.Because according to @abjktu Bunts also have some Naga tradition of Nairs and it is stretching from westerncoastal line to North west India.There is no evidence after Bunts .
But if they select western coastal line they might not be from NI places like UP.

Last edited:
@abjktu ,@kurup @nair

You guys may find this interesting.. Link was posted by @ShreddeR on another thread

cast: සලාගම කුලය ගැන හැදින්වීමක්

The Salagama have a belief, that they originated from saligrama Brahmins. According to this belief Saliyas were of Brahmin origin and were brought across the sea from Malabar (i.e. Kerala) by ship. However, since they would 'lose caste' if they touched the water, they had to be carried ashore by moors on their heads,which is depicted in their flag.

@abjktu ,@kurup @nair

You guys may find this interesting.. Link was posted by @ShreddeR on another thread

Gramam means village in south Indian languages and there is a village called Saliamangalam is in Tamil Nadu.

However the word Sali or Saliya denotes a Weaver community and caste as its a word for "weave or Weaver".

In Kerala there is a caste called the Saliya (again weavers) who's caste status was between a Nair and an Ezheva. It was allowed for Nair men to have relationship with the Saliya caste women and the children born were allowed to bear arms.

It is possible that some of them migrated to SL and formed this group.

It is unlikely they were brahmins since they took up farming and later converted to christianity to make money. Broadly speaking those are not traits associated with brahmin.

Last edited:
Gramam means village in south Indian languages and there is a village called Saliamangalam is in Tamil Nadu.

However the word Sali or Saliya denotes a Weaver community and caste as its a word for "weave or Weaver".

In Kerala there is a caste called the Saliya (again weavers) who's caste status was between a Nair and an Ezheva. It was allowed for Nair men to have relationship with the Saliya caste women and the children born were allowed to bear arms.

It is possible that some of them migrated to SL and formed this group.

It is unlikely they were brahmins since they took up farming and later converted to christianity to make money. Broadly speaking those are not traits associated with brahmin.
And what about this.
Salagama people believe that their ancestors arrived in Sri Lanka, from a village named 'Sali-Gramam', or 'Shali-Gramam' b. which is currently known as "Chandigar" in India.

Gramam means village in south Indian languages
Grama is a Sanskrit word for village. In Sinhalese, it is the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom