What's new

HISTORY OF MALABAR :DISCUSSIONS.

Bunt communities have green ,grey eyes not sure about blue eyes.Best example is Aiswarya Rai.

I have some doubt about that UP migration theory
Present Upites are much differnt than us.
A lot like aishwarya,prakash raj,sunil shetty,anushka shetty lakshmi rai....
Overall Tulu speakers are very less,around 20 lakh..bunts around 16 lakh..Though their language is some what similar to Halegannada(old Kannada),Their culture,cusine,looks are very much similar to Malayalis...

Todays Nair population like rest of other Malayalis are intermixed..

I have never seen a older gen. Nair use anything other than a white mundu. Have you ?....its only the new gen who uses colourful lungi.
budoo..Kyon ki jaffna mein "mundu' milte nahi..Alag alag desho mein vibhin vibhin sanskaar hai hoon hum...

Overall Tulu speakers are very less,around 20 lakh..bunts around 16 lakh..Though their language is some what similar to Halegannada(old Kannada),Their culture,cusine,looks are very much similar to Malayalis...

budoo..Kyon ki jaffna mein "mundu' milte nahi..Alag alag desho mein vibhin vibhin sanskaar hai hoon hum...

So you mean there was no intermixing in bunt caste.That was strange.

Probably very very less....
Intermixing mostly happens between the same linguistic groups,unless it was forced....
Total thulu population-2 million
Total bunt population-1.6 million....see,there is only a negligible difference...so the probable chance of intermixing is far less..
.Thulus are surrounded by Kannadigas ,konkanis,byari and Malayalis,And all these groups speaks different language and culture(except for Malayali Nair-culture wise)...Even today,most tulus don't marry Kannadigas and try to keep a distance from them.....
but that is not in the case for Nairs..
Total Malayali population-33 million
Nair population-7 million..
so the chance was Higher...

FYI..Thulu and Kannada languages are mutually unintelligible.....

If that is the case don't you think we should go back to UP ...... :p:
Ennathina;??..They already have so many morons like akhilesh,mulayam,mayawathi etc..why adding then??

Last edited:
Probably very very less....
Intermixing mostly happens between the same linguistic groups,unless it was forced....
Total thulu population-2 million
Total bunt population-1.6 million....see,there is only a negligible difference...so the probable chance of intermixing is far less..
.Thulus are surrounded by Kannadigas ,konkanis,byari and Malayalis,And all these groups speaks different language and culture(except for Malayali Nair-culture wise)...Even today,most tulus don't marry Kannadigas and try to keep a distance from them.....
but that is not in the case for Nairs..
Total Malayali population-33 million
Nair population-7 million..
so the chance was Higher...

Ennathina;??..They already have so many morons like akhilesh,mulayam,mayawathi etc..why adding then??

Any geographical influence ?

That would be true of Tulu's connection with other languages too. A look at where Tulu lies among Dravidian languages will clear up any misconception .

ddf10e363a736acd89a37660c4885674.gif

That would be true of Tulu's connection with other languages too. A look at where Tulu lies among Dravidian languages will clear up any misconception .

View attachment 56257
Thnx..i do speak Kannada..Tulu is a hard hitter for me(Though i could understand basic Tulu,thats because a friend of mine is a Muslim from puttur and he teached me basic for light conversation)....
But many are mistakenly claiming it as a dialect of Kannada..same in the case of kodava takk..

Any geographical influence ?
you mean climate???
Very same climate as that of Kerala..

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

because according to your theory ,
but but mine is better than your Srilanka theory anyways??..At least U.P is a part of India....PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN....

Last edited:
Thnx..i do speak Kannada..Tulu is a hard hitter for me(Though i could understand basic Tulu,thats because a friend of mine is a Muslim from puttur and he teached me basic for light conversation)....
But many are mistakenly claiming it as a dialect of Kannada..same in the case of kodava takk...

Tulu would be impossible for pretty much anyone unless they have been exposed to it. It is anything but a dialect of Kannada, It actually splits even earlier than Kannada from the main branch. While there will always be some borrowing of words because of geographical proximity, does not make the language as a whole easier to understand.

But many are mistakenly claiming it as a dialect of Kannada..same in the case of kodava takk..

you mean climate???
Very same climate as that of Kerala..

but but mine is better than your Srilanka theory anyways??..At least U.P is a part of India....PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN....

Somewhere I read that Nairs and Bunts are the partial descendant if Scythians.But I dont know authencity of that claim.
The author mentioned Scythians and Nairs warrior tradition.

Tulu would be impossible for pretty much anyone unless they have been exposed to it. It is anything but a dialect of Kannada, It actually splits even earlier than Kannada from the main branch. While there will always be some borrowing of words because of geographical proximity, does not make the language as a whole easier to understand.
If Tulu was diverged earlier than Kannada,how could it be called a dialect of Kannada??...anyway...
If thats the case,Malayalam would be a dialect of Tamil..but its not...Even today Tamil-Malayalam closeness is way more than the Kannada-Tulu...FYI-Malayalam and Tamil languages are 50% mutual intelligible...yes,old Malayalam was a dialect of Tamil,but not the present one..Today both of them are independent languages......

Somewhere I read that Nairs and Bunts are the partial descendant if Scythians.
Enna kodumai saravanan???..hik hik..

If Tulu was diverged earlier than Kannada,how could it be called a dialect of Kannada??...anyway...
If thats the case,Malayalam would be a dialect of Tamil..but its not...Even today Tamil-Malayalam closeness is way more than the Kannada-Tulu...FYI-Malayalam and Tamil languages are 50% mutual intelligible...yes,old Malayalam was a dialect of Tamil,but not the present one..Today both of them are independent languages......

Enna kodumai saravanan???..hik hik..

Entonadai ethu?
Ninte malayalam ellam vatti varando

Hi ..a rare species bunt here ..ha ha
Tulu speakers vary from 50 to 80 lacs i guess ..you are right about bunts population around 15 to 20 lacs ..bunts or nadavas have surname shetty rai nayar hegde (i missed one or two ) ..tulu has no resemblance to halegannada..aik yaan guarantee korpe

Both are still theories right .

PS : Innathe UPyude avastha vech nokkumbo , ceylon ancestary anu bhedam .... :p:

Not alone Nairs have Tulunad connection. Shivalli Brahmins of Tulunad and Namboodiris may have some connections. I have read, South of Changanassery, it is Potty/Embran(Tulu brahmins) who does "santhi" while Namboodiris are concentrated in Thrissur and Malabar districts.
"Bhima" bhattar was a Shivalli brahmin:
Bhima Bhattar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Billava" caste in Tulunad and Ezhava(South Kerala) are perhaps related? like in Kerala, Narayana guru is their spiritual leader.

.tulu has no resemblance to halegannada..aik yaan guarantee korpe
...kopa maadko bedi...
Tulu has no resemblance with Kannada???
Thulu-Kannada-Tamil-Malayalam

Gaali-Gaali-Kaththu-kattu
Sheke-Sekke-Soodu-Choodu
Chali-Chali-Kulir-kulir/thanuppu
Pakki-Hakki/pakshi-patchi/parava-pakshi/parava
Jinke-Jinke-maan-maan
kappe-kappe-thavalai-thavala
kelasa/bele-kelasa-velai/thozhill-vela/thozhill
kelavu-kelavu-sila-chila..
which language has more resemblance with Kannada???

Hi ..a rare species bunt here ..
I am a Malayali,not bunt...

Entonadai ethu?
Ninte malayalam ellam vatti varando
ingane povaanel ottum thamasikkaathe enikku praandhu pidikkum..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom