What's new

Hindus upset with Jim Carrey & NBC

Dude, If I were God, I would let you know. Wtf kind of stupid question is this?

It's a very simple question phrased in very simple English.

CAN GOD BE INSULTED?

Please take a day or two off and think about it. I request you as a friend.

Think about it and then give me an answer.

Your question is off-topic, because we are not discussing religion. But I'd have to say, God will be insulted when certain human beings look down and insult other creations.

Your question is off-topic, because we are not discussing religion.

I beg to differ. My question is entirely on-topic. Let me show you how.

But I'd have to say, God will be insulted when certain human beings look down and insult other creations.

Good to see that you made the effort. Thanks.

But tell me something, can I regard something which is influenced by such earthly emotions like 'insult' as God?

My logic is simple.

God is beyond such human feelings of insult/anger/happiness etc.

God is the supreme manifestation of everything. The be-all and end-all.

God cannot be embroiled into such lesser things as insult or anger or unhappiness, you know. God is above all of this.

Now think, when soomething is above insult, how can a mere mortal like Jim Carry insult him?

How can one insult something which is beyond insult?

Hence this whole brouhaha over this incident is just that, brouhaha.

Now you know how that question of mine was related to the thread.

'Your hand ends where my nose begins' - If only everyone understands this.

All that is agreed upon, my reply was to your post saying the god would take care of these two bozos man. Where did this burning flags and hinduphobia come in ?? All i am trying to say is this act should be condemned in unambiguous terms and a apology should be sought. Thats exactly what the guys in USA are doing and i think it is correct.

What i am against is taking such matters too lightly thats it. Neither am i requesting or suggesting violence nor am i asking to start a andolan. Hope u get my point.

my friend.. i can see where you are coming from. what those two guys did might not be in the good taste towards the sentiments of few people. our guys are protesting back there in whichever little way they can.. which is fine with me. then again i'm not going to hang these two yanks for that. as far as i'm concerned these guys are just illinformaed or uneducaated when it comes to understanding the sentiments of other people.

purpose of my initial post was only to tell my fellows not to get sucked into the trap of mudslinging at each other's relegion. you need to understand the purpose of posting such threads, whereby people can have a field day when it comes hurling insults at each other. my intention was to tell my fellows to rise above all that!!

Yeah, I feel a bit offended too .. lol..
People, just chill, in western world, they make more fun of jesus than you saw of ganesha.

In Indian context I can understand, people have to be sensitive, because other guy of other religion is. But please understand, in west, they ridicule their own religion much more than that. Actually, they shy away from making fun of other religion, lest they be called racist.

I wont mind this, as they follow same standard for themselves.

We in India, have made it a habit of being oversensitive. Actually there is a competition among religions to show how sensitive they are.
I would love to come last in that competition.

The question isn't so much whether people should be allowed to mock others' religion; it's whether such people should be treated like heros or pariahs.

Also, we are not talking about people mocking their own faith -- people of all religions do that to some extent -- but mocking others' faith.

There is a definite pecking order in the West where people may mock a faith below theirs in the pecking order, but not vice versa.

Last edited:
in western world, they make more fun of jesus than you saw of ganesha.

In Indian context I can understand, people have to be sensitive, because other guy of other religion is. But please understand, in west, they ridicule their own religion much more than that. Actually, they shy away from making fun of other religion, lest they be called racist.

This is true.

YouTube - family guy jesus funny not miraculous

YouTube - Family Guy - Dinner with Jesus

YouTube - funny jesus thing lol !!!!

No need for any apology.

There is no limit to how sensitive can one be. For example some religions believe other religions prophets are fake, and some believe that others religious books are corrupted. Than should they be apologising to each other daily???

You respect your beliefs, don't expect others to.

Perfect Response.

Ends the debate right there and thus ending this thread right there! :tup:

As per my understanding and faith in god everything is predefined and this incident too.
We should not take good and bad results of our karma. We should only do our work and rest of things god will take care.

karmanyEvAdhikAraste mA phalEShu kadAchana|| mA karmaphala heturbhooh mA te sangostvakarmaNi

"Your right is only to work, and never to its fruits.
Don't be motivated by the fruits of work. Nor should you be attached to inaction"

my friend.. i can see where you are coming from. what those two guys did might not be in the good taste towards the sentiments of few people. our guys are protesting back there in whichever little way they can.. which is fine with me. then again i'm not going to hang these two yanks for that. as far as i'm concerned these guys are just illinformaed or uneducaated when it comes to understanding the sentiments of other people.

purpose of my initial post was only to tell my fellows not to get sucked into the trap of mudslinging at each other's relegion. you need to understand the purpose of posting such threads, whereby people can have a field day when it comes hurling insults at each other. my intention was to tell my fellows to rise above all that!!

In the context of this form yes i agree no doubt.

In broader sense also yes again, but as u should already know we Indians really respect all regions in same way so i don't think we would start the mudslinging match. I for one respect all the religions and beliefs and well one cannot prove one's respect for other religions on a open forum, i think we better end this debate since we seem to understand each other well.

I hate it when Indians try hard to get offended. Is it in any way more offensive to religion than the child molesters who find their place as religious leaders in so many faiths?

I too hate it when foreigners take it for granted wrt to our religion and we keep mum about it. BTW the two things u mentioned are miles apart as we are not condemning their making fun of a swami or guru but one of the most revered gods of this religion.

I beg to differ. My question is entirely on-topic. Let me show you how.

Good to see that you made the effort. Thanks.

But tell me something, can I regard something which is influenced by such earthly emotions like 'insult' as God?

My logic is simple.

God is beyond such human feelings of insult/anger/happiness etc.

God is the supreme manifestation of everything. The be-all and end-all.

God cannot be embroiled into such lesser things as insult or anger or unhappiness, you know. God is above all of this.

Now think, when soomething is above insult, how can a mere mortal like Jim Carry insult him?

How can one insult something which is beyond insult?

Hence this whole brouhaha over this incident is just that, brouhaha.

Now you know how that question of mine was related to the thread.

Ganesh being the form created by Hindus to represent God, people get offended that their creation (copyrighted design) is being insulted. They wouldn't really care if he had insulted "The God ". It is just the attachment we have towards the design :D .

I too hate it when foreigners take it for granted wrt to our religion and we keep mum about it. BTW the two things u mentioned are miles apart as we are not condemning their making fun of a swami or guru but one of the most revered gods of this religion.

Will you care so much if an Indian Hindu ridiculed Ganesha? There are a lot of Atheist movements in India rediculing Hinduism which are lead by Hindus.

Back
Top Bottom