What's new

Hindus upset with Jim Carrey & NBC

Comedy Sketch - meaning a small act, play, a series of short comedic performances called sketches.

Here is the sketch on youtube video. This is SNL. Dont know if it is offensive or against forum rules, but I am taking my chances though.

YouTube - Saturday Night Live - Jim Carrey Grady Wilson Skit [HQ]

The act starts at 3:03 timepoint. Watch and decide for yourselves.

Lol that was funny...

Great just beautiful.. u guys are gonna get it.oooohoooo

YouTube - Jim Carrey - Jesus xD

There were threats against him by some nutcases for painting Goddess Saraswati in the nude. IMHO, it was tastefully done, nothing vulgar about it.

The whole concept of faith and religion is ridiculous to say the least. People desperately want to believe in something which hasnt been proven to exist, but criticize and ridicule anything supported by facts and evidences!

Your assertion about facts and evidence blah blah doesn't stand correct in front of Law of the land which protects the right to practice religion. The same law takes religious sensitivities into account when running an administration of any civilized nation. The same law protects places of worship and its contents from vandalism.

Admit it that it’s your personal rant and has no standing in constitution or statutory law. You have to go to some other planet to endorse your view point. Every nation has its own blasphemy laws, few are stricter and few are not. Even India has its own blasphemy laws which serve all religion equally though.

My religion is my religion because i am practicing (way of life) it and i can prove it to law after presenting particular evidences. If I am converted to another religion and now going to claim some benefits e.g. easy admission in a Christian medical college then I may have to prove it by law. Therefore the law can define the religion.

Religious believes are part of someone's autonomy. Even a doctor can not go against the will of someone who doesn't want blood transfusion due to his religious believes.

There are many other funny things a notorious con artist can do but can not disrespect someone's religion especially when he doesn't know about it. Religion is a personal thing and is a personal sensitivity. Your sensitivity's threshold is not the standard for others. Religion like eduction/qualification can effect someone's physical, spiritual and mental state of being. If by contemporary law it can be proved that any person or a group of people have suffered an assault on any above of three by some individual then the law suit can be easily invoked. If it is not possible in USA then can be tried in India.

I am give tips to Hindus living in USA to go by law and challenge these Hollywood nutcases to be pulled into law suites for causing psychological harm (if certified by a psychiatrist). One such dick head ripped off will set precedence for other hyper liberals not to do it again.

As far has many Hindus disrespecting their own religion is concerned then i would like to know those stories. Please do not bring what happened in ancient India. SC of India and verdict like babri masjid have clearly defined Hindu religion and the presence of supreme Godhead.

So your Einstein rationality may have some logic in it but doesn't satisfy the law which can cause trouble to anyone who tries takes it into his hands. Try something doggy in Saudi Arabia you will know the answer.

Disprove the law as irrational or wait for it to change. Otherwise throw this liberal crap out of the window. Let us help people to reach a logical conclusion for sake of available rationality; which is inked as the will of people in law and constitutional provisions.
........................................................................................................

As far as naked picture of goddess Saraswati is concerned then i am sorry to ask you, what will be your opinion if someone portrait your family member with same tasteful manner.

Now Mr. Hussein is in a Muslim nation, will he be able to do some same kind of painting for Islamic personalities. No that bastard will not do it there because that oxymorons is a hypocrites like many others of his type. These over educated, over smart spivs know how to play with the sentiments of people; where they know they can find loop holes to survive and earn fame/cheap publicity and support of some confused rationales.

Thanks! Now people, how offensive was that really? Seemed a bit desperate and pathetic to me. By making such a big deal out of this, your'e only giving this thing more attention than it deserves.

Desperate and pathetic yes for sure but down right offensive double yes for me, shame on those two bozos :angry:

i think lord ganesha will pardon those immature indviduals who hurt the sentiments of his devotees. god doesn't need mere mortals to safeguard his dignity. If he does, then why is he the god in the first place anyway??

Thats like putting a diya in air and asking for gods help to keep it from going out man. Whats with you people a bozo makes fun of the most revered god for Hindus and u people want everybody to think of our cultural antiquity and remain calm, who has given right to these fellers to make fun of gods.

I would love to see somebody make fun of Jesus (not that i want to or endorse this thought process a single bit) and let these two bozos watch and laugh at it. The result would be quite opposite i assure you.

Funny that you mention this. And funny that there are three pages of discussions on the topic. Well, how many of you have seen the said 'offending' SNL act by Jim Carrey? I happened to watch it and frankly, I was amused as to their ignorance. Mind you, I believe, of all the Gods, the most in Lord Ganesha (He's cute!).

Go ahead, make fun of Lord Ganesha all you want. Even Hindus make fun of him in many stories. The kind of fun that you make shows your level of sophistication and maturity or lack thereof. Simple.

There was nothing in the act to get disturbed by. People are over reacting!

Hussain left the country on his own accord. No one forced him to! There were threats against him by some nutcases for painting Goddess Saraswati in the nude. IMHO, it was tastefully done, nothing vulgar about it. There are threats against your beloved Ms. Arundhati Roy or that 'besterdo hypocrite' Geelani. You dont find them leaving the country, do you?

The whole concept of faith and religion is ridiculous to say the least. People desperately want to believe in something which hasnt been proven to exist, but criticize and ridicule anything supported by facts and evidences!

One might call this the enlightened way of thinking but i don't, i ask u only one thing let some Indian guy make fun of Jesus in such a way and do u think the Western world would just say oh morons and go about.

No i don't think so. One can talk sensibly till one feels the heat.

I think there is no need for an apology or whatsoever needed ... Hinduism by far is a tolerant religion, its just that few of them have moved into extremist "mode" and started acting strange and thankfully the state has acted upon them on that.

I am particularly interested about Tashnfin's comment about the origin of the word.. If it was a recent term , what where Hindus called earlier like say around 1700 or so?

As far i see around , the problem here is , it becomes offensive when people of other religion insults the religion, case of Jim carrey, Hussain are examples..

Its a psychological thing.. Lets take an example. we are free to critisize our PM in whatever language we want, but when someone else do it in a slightest way we make the war cry.. its same everywhere.. same case here...

I have seen lots of time in comedy shows and all where gods have been made fun of in television and even in films there are hundred of instances... but an average normal Hindu, take it lightly and laugh it off as they are more tolerant and dont make a mountain out of it unnecessarily.

Your second post above has some facts because in Telugu itself many movies have depicted various gods in funny ways but never never in a sleazy or denigrating way. If it was the directors actors etc wouldn't be in this country i assure you.

The first post is not something i agree with, they should apologize when they have depicted Lord Ganesha in such a way which is sleazy and offensive. This religion is tolerant and infact allows good points in other religions to be taken in and followed, which no other religion in this world allows. But being tolerant does not mean we turn a blind eye to such depictions, these things are becoming quite frequent in America, previously it was posting gods and goddess picture on shoes or something and so on. These people of western countries who seem to act as open minded and all that should first be tolerant of other faiths. Shame on these two in the video.

@ Indushek: My friend, you are getting worked up needlessly.

God is so great that no mortal can insult him. It's just not possible.

Then why get angry?

Just enjoy in a lighter vein.

@ Indushek: My friend, you are getting worked up needlessly.

God is so great that no mortal can insult him. It's just not possible.

Then why get angry?

Just enjoy in a lighter vein.

Not at all i am cool, i haven't gone overboard in even one post man.

However i would like to say i cannot take this is in a lighter note and am frankly amused at yours and others indifference to this, its making me look like a member of Ku Klux u know :lol: on second thoughts that was not a good quote makes me look a member of Bajrang dal.

Not at all i am cool, i haven't gone overboard in even one post man.

However i would like to say i cannot take this is in a lighter note and am frankly amused at yours and others indifference to this, its making me look like a member of Ku Klux u know :lol: on second thoughts that was not a good quote makes me look a member of Bajrang dal.

Even if you are a member of bajrang dal, my reasoning would remain the same buddy.

God is beyond insult.

So why not just laugh? :lol:

baah we need a blasphphemy law !!!1
funny no hindus want 72 apsaras :taz::taz:

file.php

guys please do not answer this post

We cry when they depicted our Prophet so Hindus has equal rights to cry and protests as well. Manners and decency call for abstaining from ridiculing religious figures.

i will not feel proud of hinduism if hindus started aping the intolerant and insane behavior which you are trying to justify here.
this behaviour might be allowed in islam and even you might be proud of it
but sorry i do not want my fellow hindus to act like fools

I hate it when Indians try hard to get offended. Is it in any way more offensive to religion than the child molesters who find their place as religious leaders in so many faiths?

Back
Top Bottom