What's new

Hindus upset with Jim Carrey & NBC

Nazism is imposing your condition/thoughts on everyone, which is what you are trying to do here (asking to grow a thick skin). :azn:

And a question to everyone - what is some outsider calls your mother names - you very well know it is not true, but will you just walk away or give him a piece of your fist ??

I will go for the latter.

I'm not imposing, I'm advising.

Some Americans have the habit of using the curse word mother.fkr quite generously and they don't really mean it. Will you go and hit them? If you do you will be a crazy one. And getting offended by an SNL short is as crazy as that.

Emphasis on the word 'outsider'

And if it is a stranger, then I would most certainly take offense at that word.

Nazism is imposing your condition/thoughts on everyone, which is what you are trying to do here (asking to grow a thick skin). :azn:

And a question to everyone - what is some outsider calls your mother names - you very well know it is not true, but will you just walk away or give him a piece of your fist ??

It would be interesting if he badmouthed your fairy godmother.

Thats the correct analogy. Now discuss.

baah we need a blasphphemy law !!!1
funny no hindus want 72 apsaras :taz::taz:

Well idiots are thanking for your post but stop taking cheap shots on religions you cheap shot.

Post reported. :angry:

How do you impose a suggestion? Nobody appointed these self appointed defenders of the Hindu faith to decide for them. Why do they then claim to speak for a lot of people who may not agree with them.

That usually works only in school yard fights & then only if you are bigger & stronger than the other guy(or dumber), not in the real world where a little bit of using the old noggin might serve everyone better. I also find such analogies dishonest & silly because if the guy who abused whoever was bigger, stronger ,more powerful or simply more mad, people with a semblance of gray matter in their heads are likely to decide that discretion is the better part of valour.

Well idiots are thanking for your post but stop taking cheap shots on religions you cheap shot.

Post reported. :angry:

Here you are.. of the 130 posts, dug up to find a single post to get seriously offended. By the way, I thought it was funny. Thanks for bringing it to our notice.

Here you are.. of the 130 posts, dug up to find a single post to get seriously offended. By the way, I thought it was funny. Thanks for bringing it to our notice.

Yeah. Any cheap stuff would be admired by other cheaps on this forum. Same is the case with that post. I am not surprised if you found that post funny.

See the thing is Hindus are generally a very tolerant community. It is my understanding that in the south a hindus sometimes attend churches and mosques. The Hindu generally reveres all gods.

In fact i even heard at one time ---that while visiting a significant temple in kerala dedicated to lord vishnu, it is tradition to pay a visit to an adjacent mosque prior to that.Im sorry my knowledge is limited but these are the stuff i've heard .

It would be interesting if he badmouthed your fairy godmother.

Thats the correct analogy. Now discuss.

And what if I told you I hold my mother and God in the same position ?

How do you impose a suggestion? Nobody appointed these self appointed defenders of the Hindu faith to decide for them. Why do they then claim to speak for a lot of people who may not agree with them.

Why do we always have to berate those who protest in a democratic way if something hurts their sentiments ??

Why do we immediately brand them as 'self-appointed-ambassadors'. ?

He is a President of a Hindu organisation and he speaks on behalf of them.If you dont relate to them, well fine, Nobody bothers.But don't damn others who support that. It is not within your right to judge them.

And going by your precious logic, that no one should speak for anyone then why are governments there ?? And there goes the bedrock of Democracy (Majority wins) down the drain because there are always a group of dissenters to whatever happens.
That usually works only in school yard fights & then only if you are bigger & stronger than the other guy(or dumber), not in the real world where a little bit of using the old noggin might serve everyone better. I also find such analogies dishonest & silly because if the guy who abused whoever was bigger, stronger ,more powerful or simply more mad, people with a semblance of gray matter in their heads are likely to decide that discretion is the better part of valour.

Sorry you may think that if the guy is puny you will hit him and if he is bigger and stronger you will just accept the slander and move away. Not everyone is like that.:disagree: I will make him pay, if he meant it, no matter what.

Last edited:
And what if I told you I hold my mother and God in the same position ?

That would be silly. Your mother exists.

Why do we always have to berate those who protest in a democratic way if something hurts their sentiments ??

Why do we immediately brand them as 'self-appointed-ambassadors'. ?

He is a President of a Hindu organisation and he speaks on behalf of them.If you dont relate to them, well fine, Nobody bothers.But don't damn others who support that. It is not within your right to judge them.

I don't berate them, just find them tiresome as self appointed busybodies. So what if he is president of this or the other self appointed defenders of this or that. Why he does he speak for 1 billion Hindus? I don't damn anyone, just find the argument without merit. As for me judging them, why not? They have no problem judging others, do they?

And going by your precious logic, that no one should speak for anyone then why are governments there ?? And there goes the bedrock of Democracy (Majority wins) down the drain because there are always a group of dissenters to whatever happens.

Err.... the government is elected. It didn't just appoint itself. They are authorised to speak for us for 5 years after which if we didn't like what they spoke, we have the choice of giving them the boot. How do you give the boot to self appointed presidents of some self appointed group of busybodies?

Sorry you may think that if the guy is puny you will hit him and if he is bigger and stronger you will just accept the slander and move away. Not everyone is like that.:disagree:

Wouldn't know. Never hit anyone, never had to, didn't matter whether they were puny or not. Lucky me!

I will make him pay, if he meant it, no matter what.

For what exactly? Because he said some stupid things? Is that worth losing your head over? Not comparing you but do you realise that this very reaction, carried to the extreme was that of the assassin of Salman Taseer. " I will make someone pay, no matter what".
You have your standards of what you would make someone pay for & he had his. Do you think the world is better because of such reactions?

Back
Top Bottom