What's new

Hindus object selling of shoes inscribed with 'Om' in Tando Adam

The particular shopkeeper is not involved in this for last three years.

The statement of Pakistan Hindu Council can be taken with a pinch of salt since Ramesh Kumar is recently have climbed to recognition for such statements. Still I can't give verdict because I do not know the situation on ground in Sindh.

Quite possible. We have Rajan Zed as an example.

Sindh Police arrest shopkeeper selling “Om” shoes in Tando Adam
SANGHAR (Web Desk) – Sanghar Police have arrested the shopkeeper selling “Om” shoes.

Sindh Police registered a case no.124/2016 u/s 295A PPC against the accused shopkeeper Jahanzab s/o Shukat Ali Khaskhili.

Talking to the media Patron-in-chief of Pakistan Hindu Council and Member of National Assembly Dr. Ramesh Kumar Vankwani said the incident of “Om” shoes has raised a new wave of peaceful activism by all stakeholders of civil society across the country who not only condemn the act of selling such controversial shoes but also express solidarity with the Pakistani Hindu Community.

Read More: ‘Om’ inscribed shoes on sale in Sindh; Maryam Nawaz takes notice

Meanwhile, Maryam Nawaz, daughter of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif also took notice of press statement issued by Pakistan Hindu Council about alleged use of Hindu holy symbol on shoes being sold in Tando Adam area of Sindh, and termed as “Unacceptable”.

According to initial reports, the shoes were actually purchased from “Naeem Footwear”, based in Moti Bazar, Lahore, and in this regard Punjab Police is also being approached for taking action against the manufacturer of the shoes.

The matter must be dealt with seriously. Find out the responsible persons and set an example out of them.

Glad that the police/authorities seem to be taking action against this. All religions and their symbols should be respected.

As a nation we are bound to respect all other religions. The culprit should be dealt with iron hand as we expect in our cases.
If such items are imported, there is no system in government institutions to block such merchandise and blacklist the manufacturer?
If it is made in Pakistan, there is any government institute looking after and with guidelines and consequences for such manufacturers?
If the answers are no or if institutions are there but not functioning; since last 69 years we are only running Pakistan on adhoc basis, not as our motherland.
That is the reason, we as a nation and much of our literate people miserably fail to recognise corruption and stick on to idolism.

ClpnD_LXEAA7fe8.jpg

i believe the shopkeeper did it un intentionally and i am sure if some hindu or that seva point it out to him directly he would dump all the stock himself. and if it is done intentional it should be dealt under Pakistani Blasphemy law.

Back
Top Bottom