What's new

Hindu reporter forced to drink from separate glass at workplace in Karachi

Gross, drinking out of the same cup without washing is like kissing. Then you have people who backwash..... OMG! Where's the bleach? :bad::bad::bad:

Court can't even decide our Prime Minister's assets and his corruption let them focus on important matter

Mr X should go to Market get some lovely plastic utensils and enjoy his meal and be a grown up about it , you are at work to WORK not EAT

Your individual lack of belief in court system is not valid reason for others to comply with you in any case. The affected has the option to go and get a case registered in court as per his rights.

As for your statement of eat and work at a workplace, the policies laid down by the workplace administration must specify about eating and working at workplace, you have no say in this regard unfortunately.

Its not just that he doesn't want to share his utensils, its the reason behind it. This guy has discriminated against a fellow employee because of his religion. HR should take action against this manager.

Like i said religion dictates life of Asians and some are less hygienic than others..beside it could also be a get rich quick plot...once exposed and fired..media and minority rights trolls will run to pick the next story of him getting fired due to discrimination...most of the minorities get what they deserve..

Gross, drinking out of the same cup without washing is like kissing. Then you have people who backwash..... OMG! Where's the bleach? :bad::bad::bad:

Can you imagine someone's who is 65 year old their lipstick on the glass just would be gross
plus all the germs , on the glass and nasty virus spreading

What if someone like sucked on the spoon , you know like when you eat icecream and suck on the spoon

Really would you put that in your mouth ? knowing it went into your coworker 2-3 minute ago

See Obama , knows importance of disposable spoon
3edddfbc5d5fb4313172a71338c8f44b.jpg

The spoon once it goes into another human being is a private property that spoon will not enter my mouth

Last edited:
Aysa only happens in movies or the Top 10 Rock songs videos work per Auntie Jee hoti hain who bhi moti

Last edited:
Was he jumped by a mob,forced to eat cow dung and jailed??
OP cares more about hindus in Pakistan than muslims in india. I wonder why :lol:

I see nothing wrong with that if people don't want to share glass with someone. They shouldn't be forced to.
What if that glass is a public one and doesn't belong to the person who is restricting other just for the sake of religion and caste.

Very clever of you to repackage the religious discrimination as something else.
I would like you to prove me wrong on theological basis. Please provide islamic religious scriptures that bars muslims to eat with non muslims. Thank you

1) The rich and middle class Hindus could afford and had migrated to India as part of the partition. Only the poorer class of Hindus (primarily from the lower castes) could not and did not migrate to India.
I am from Punjab, and hindus in our area who did not migrate to India were the richest or upper middle class. I don't know about the rest of the country though.

Hindu reporter forced to drink from separate glass at workplace in Karachi
By Hafeez Tunio
Published: June 27, 2016

1131415-SahibOad-1467056116-493-640x480.jpg

Sahib Oad. PHOTO: FACEBOOK

KARACHI: A Hindu reporter was forced to drink water from a separate glass at his workplace since his colleagues found out that he belongs to the scheduled caste.

Sahib Khan Oad works as a senior reporter with government news agency, Associated Press of Pakistan (APP), where he has been barred from drinking water in the same glass and sharing utensils with other Muslim staff.

Oad hails from Dadu district and has completed his Master’s from Quaid-e-Azam University Islamabad. He is now pursuing MPhil in mass communication from Sindh University. He was initially appointed as a reporter in APP Islamabad and was transferred to Hyderabad and then Karachi in April this year.

The discriminatory attitude started soon after his younger son, Raj Kumar, visited his office and everyone found out that he was Hindu. “Actually my name contains the word ‘Khan’ so everyone in the office initially thought I was Muslim,” he explained. “The bureau chief asked me to separate my drinking water glass in the office because some colleagues had reservations.”

Since Ramazan started, Oad’s work environment worsened. He is not allowed to sit at the same dining table at the time of Iftar and senior colleagues have suggested he bring his own plates and glasses if he wants to eat in the office. “I have now bought a separate glass and plate for the office,” he said.

APP Karachi bureau chief Parvez Aslam denied making any such request. “He was suffering from flu so we suggested he arrange a separate glass,” he said. Aslam pointed out that he supported Oad when he was transferred from Hyderabad and called the discrimination charges ‘total propaganda’. “You can come to my office and see how he eats Iftar with us,” he said.

Meanwhile, APP managing director Masood Malik said that they have started inquiry into the matter.

Pakistan Institute of Labour Education and Research (Piler), an organisation that works for labour rights, has written a letter to federal information minister Pervaiz Rashid against the discriminatory attitude.

“We are really shocked to know that a bureau chief of a government news agency has pressurised a reporter to drink in a separate glass because he is Hindu,” wrote Piler executive director Karmat Ali.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 28th, 2016.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1131415/hindu-reporter-forced-drink-separate-glass-workplace/

============================================

"Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

- John Lennon
is it worst then this

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print/131490-Two-Muslims-forced-to-eat-cow-dung-drink-urine-in-India

We need to improve our immune system to such a level that anyone even puts a dead cat in your body you don't get infection.

See our forefathers (monkeys) have such a strong immune system that they eat lices of each other. They never wash hands etc. There is definitely missing link in evolution theory that we've lost our immune system.

That said, someone talked about haraam stuff. If it is permissible to get blood from non Muslims in emergency cases what is the point of haraam stuff?

Also usually in offices in Pakistan haraam is not served. Still colleagues have better communication, they can ask whats in the menue instead of affecting the friendly environment of the office.

I would like you to prove me wrong on theological basis. Please provide islamic religious scriptures that bars muslims to eat with non muslims. Thank you

I am from Punjab, and hindus in our area who did not migrate to India were the richest or upper middle class. I don't know about the rest of the country though.

Does it matter what is written in the scriptures? What matters is the reality on the ground.

One hand Pakistanis claim that they gave up dharmic religions as they practiced casteism but continue to practice the same after embracing Islam. How ironic

May be it is time for Pakistanis to go back to their dharmic religions as you know what Modern India and dharmic people have been leaving behind such practices at light speed.

I am Pakistani, I have lived in Pakistan and abroad, I had hindu friends in Pakistan and here in Australia. If this was because of religious reasons than it would be more common practice. So please don't tell me whats correct or incorrect in my country and my religion. I can provide more incidents like these happening in India than in Pakistan.

As they say to cover-up a lie you have to lie another 1000 times.

Pakistanis have time and again lied that the reason for conversion from dharmic religions to Islam is casteism.

But truth always prevails in the end.

The fact is Pakistanis converted to Islam not due to deficiencies of dharmic religions but due to the fear (convert or get killed by the Islamic sword) and favor (covert to avoid financial penalties for being a non-believer) from Islamic invaders.

We need to improve our immune system to such a level that anyone even puts a dead cat in your body you don't get infection.

See our forefathers (monkeys) have such a strong immune system that they eat lices of each other. They never wash hands etc. There is definitely missing link in evolution theory that we've lost our immune system.

That said, someone talked about haraam stuff. If it is permissible to get blood from non Muslims in emergency cases what is the point of haraam stuff?

Also usually in offices in Pakistan haraam is not served. Still colleagues have better communication, they can ask whats in the menue instead of affecting the friendly environment of the office.

Homo sapiens did not evolve from Monkeys. We are the result of DNA manipulation. This have been scientifically proven. The intelligence gene in the human chromosome has been insert and not evolved. No other animal on earth has this gene.

Following are the theories

1) Humans are extraterrestrial themselves

2) Aliens have manipulated apes to create Humans

Homo sapiens did not evolve from Monkeys. We are the result of DNA manipulation. This have been scientifically proven. The intelligence gene in the human chromosome has been insert and not evolved. No other animal on earth has this gene.

Following are the theories

1) Humans are extraterrestrial themselves

2) Aliens have manipulated apes to create Humans

It is also said when we die we return to those extraterrestrial territories.

It is getting interesting. I want to die lol.

What if that glass is a public one and doesn't belong to the person who is restricting other just for the sake of religion and caste.
As long as he is not being stopped from drinking water it's OK.
Bring your own glass and drink water, that's not something to make a big drama, as thus Hindu guy is making.

Back
Top Bottom