What's new

Hindu reporter forced to drink from separate glass at workplace in Karachi

No No NO

West = Ideal culture , love , and sharing , disposable razors , cups and plates and dish washers

Islamic world = please bring your own plate, clean your own shiat

India = I will kill you for no reason, India ....lol Hygene hahahahaah half of apartment smells with curry, went to appartment building in USA , they had a comment on google , this place smells of curry so most people moved out

Next time you are in your office , go take a bite off your Boss's cake in his plate and then say don't discriminate boss lets see what he does

Don't care you are little Raju , Mr Bean or Mr Adnan

You bring your own plate/cup and you are not stealing my coffee mug, if you do I will search all the desk in office till I spot the cup

Last edited:
Everyone should drink from a separate glass and that is why paper cups are used...sharing of drinking glasses causes cross contamination by bacteria and may also cause accelerated tooth decay...this issue only became a headline because some moron decided to exploit the commercial benefit of minorities...

People use paper/plastic cups for drinking water from water dispenser, not necessarily in a canteen or in a restaurant. This guy was asked to bring his own glass, plate, and sit in a separate table, and all these started when the colleagues realized that he is a Hindu. Let's not brush aside such social discrimination for technicalities. Check the relevant portions below.

where he has been barred from drinking water in the same glass and sharing utensils with other Muslim staff.

The discriminatory attitude started soon after his younger son, Raj Kumar, visited his office and everyone found out that he was Hindu. “Actually my name contains the word ‘Khan’ so everyone in the office initially thought I was Muslim,” he explained. “The bureau chief asked me to separate my drinking water glass in the office because some colleagues had reservations.”

Since Ramazan started, Oad’s work environment worsened. He is not allowed to sit at the same dining table at the time of Iftar and senior colleagues have suggested he bring his own plates and glasses if he wants to eat in the office. “I have now bought a separate glass and plate for the office,” he said.

My heart just snapped. :( I strongly dislike this news.

The company/workplace must have a POLICY. There are work place ethics and rules. Human being must be treated as human being.

I side with Sahib Oad on this account and i suggest he must hire a lawyer and lodge a DISCRIMINATORY case against this Government news Agency. :pakistan:

My heart just snapped. :( I strongly dislike this news.

The company/workplace must have a POLICY. There are work place ethics and rules. Human being must be treated as human being.

I side with Sahib Oad on this account and i suggest he must hire a lawyer and lodge a DISCRIMINATORY case against this Government news Agency. :pakistan:

Are you going to check everyone house personally for Hygeine? with stereotypes about Hindus using cow piss and dung for ablution..anyone is likely to have such sentiments..this is age old social stereotypes which wont die..thanks to hindo nationalist in India for making it further worst..personally I would go all disposeable..

Once upon a time at a project..I had some white fair skinned hindo colleagues...and their behaviors wasn't any different..basically the discrimination Muslims exhibit towards Hindoos is the same what upper cast exhibits towards the lower..its a cultural thing...

Are you going to check everyone house personally for Hygeine? with stereotypes about Hindus using cow piss and dung for ablution..anyone is likely to have such sentiments..this is age old social stereotypes which wont die..thanks to hindo nationalist in India for making it further worst..personally I would go all disposeable..
He is a Pakistani and has rights. He can take this matter to the court and let court decide .Period !

Hindu reporter forced to drink from separate glass at workplace in Karachi
By Hafeez Tunio
Published: June 27, 2016

1131415-SahibOad-1467056116-493-640x480.jpg

Sahib Oad. PHOTO: FACEBOOK

KARACHI: A Hindu reporter was forced to drink water from a separate glass at his workplace since his colleagues found out that he belongs to the scheduled caste.

Sahib Khan Oad works as a senior reporter with government news agency, Associated Press of Pakistan (APP), where he has been barred from drinking water in the same glass and sharing utensils with other Muslim staff.

Oad hails from Dadu district and has completed his Master’s from Quaid-e-Azam University Islamabad. He is now pursuing MPhil in mass communication from Sindh University. He was initially appointed as a reporter in APP Islamabad and was transferred to Hyderabad and then Karachi in April this year.

The discriminatory attitude started soon after his younger son, Raj Kumar, visited his office and everyone found out that he was Hindu. “Actually my name contains the word ‘Khan’ so everyone in the office initially thought I was Muslim,” he explained. “The bureau chief asked me to separate my drinking water glass in the office because some colleagues had reservations.”

Since Ramazan started, Oad’s work environment worsened. He is not allowed to sit at the same dining table at the time of Iftar and senior colleagues have suggested he bring his own plates and glasses if he wants to eat in the office. “I have now bought a separate glass and plate for the office,” he said.

APP Karachi bureau chief Parvez Aslam denied making any such request. “He was suffering from flu so we suggested he arrange a separate glass,” he said. Aslam pointed out that he supported Oad when he was transferred from Hyderabad and called the discrimination charges ‘total propaganda’. “You can come to my office and see how he eats Iftar with us,” he said.

Meanwhile, APP managing director Masood Malik said that they have started inquiry into the matter.

Pakistan Institute of Labour Education and Research (Piler), an organisation that works for labour rights, has written a letter to federal information minister Pervaiz Rashid against the discriminatory attitude.

“We are really shocked to know that a bureau chief of a government news agency has pressurised a reporter to drink in a separate glass because he is Hindu,” wrote Piler executive director Karmat Ali.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 28th, 2016.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1131415/hindu-reporter-forced-drink-separate-glass-workplace/

============================================

"Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

- John Lennon
The HR needs to take action for this disgusting behavior by educated professionals.

-_- what will HR do ? If I don't want to share my food utensils ? :coffee:

What next I should share my clothes with fellow employees ? huh
Never seen people at work eat from same plate or drink from one glass

Bring disposable plates , spoon , fork , and glass kindly eat and then dispose it

Or bring plastic like all of the world , eat , take it back home and clean it and bring it back next day

Welcome to the Modern world

54feeb05a36d8-rubbermaid-lock-its-1109-s3.jpg

56691983077cd144972838703.jpg

PLASTIC was invented for convince make your lunch time more enjoyable and customized to your personal like

Last edited:
-_- what will HR do ? If I don't want to share my food utensils ? :coffee:

What next I should my clothes with fellow employees ? huh
Never seen people at work eat from same plate or drink from one glass

Bring disposable plates , spoon , fork , and glass kindly eat and then dispose it

Its not just that he doesn't want to share his utensils, its the reason behind it. This guy has discriminated against a fellow employee because of his religion. HR should take action against this manager.

APP Karachi bureau chief Parvez Aslam denied making any such request. “He was suffering from flu so we suggested he arrange a separate glass,” he said. Aslam pointed out that he supported Oad when he was transferred from Hyderabad and called the discrimination charges ‘total propaganda’. “You can come to my office and see how he eats Iftar with us,” he said

Am i the only who noticed this? If the chief said this for the medical reason, it is understandable. He is even willing to share Iftar with him who was given impression of racism. This is not real racism if the medical reference point is true. Real racism is minority group who are being slaughtered alive for the beef law case.

He is a Pakistani and has rights. He can take this matter to the court and let court decide .Period !

Court can't even decide our Prime Minister's assets and his corruption let them focus on important matter

Mr X should go to Market get some lovely plastic utensils and enjoy his meal and be a grown up about it , you are at work to WORK not EAT

I understand the corporate pressure to mingle etc but lets just be ..... realistic

See complete hygenic solution to personal meal at work

Company should also encourage other employees to bring their own kit no more plates and fork and spoon at company cafeteria unless it is plastic disposable

vacucraft-4-piece-plastic-food-storage-container_2353174.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom