What's new

Hindu Priest beaten by Sikhs in india

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the national language and second language for many but Punjabis still talk to one another in Punjabi. Besides English is seen as the status language as you can get better jobs with English and even go abroad.

English is an alien language and the status thing attached to english is there in India as well but its a different case with Urdu in Pakistan, when one sees Pakistani politicians giving speeches even in Punjab the language is most of the times Urdu, you see Pakistani news channels, movies, daily soaps again the language is Urdu, the prominent Pakistani newspapers we see are either in English or in Urdu. Isn't Urdu considered as the language of class and privilege and Punjabi as a level lower to Urdu. Many a Pakistani writer have lamented this step motherly treatment given to Punjabi in favor of Urdu by the elite class in Pakistan. You may like to read this article :
http://www.gowanusbooks.com/punjabi.htm

So what? Urdu has its roots from Punjabi. Now we have a national language that is being spoken/understandable across whole country which is a great plus. Its a great step toward a more united Pakistani nation.

No it does not. Try to read more about the origins of Urdu. I agree with the second part of your post that a common language helps in better national integration in your case it is Urdu.

English is an alien language and the status thing attached to english is there in India as well but its a different case with Urdu in Pakistan, when one sees Pakistani politicians giving speeches even in Punjab the language is most of the times Urdu, you see Pakistani news channels, movies, daily soaps again the language is Urdu, the prominent Pakistani newspapers we see are either in English or in Urdu. Isn't Urdu considered as the language of class and privilege and Punjabi as a level lower to Urdu. Many a Pakistani writer have lamented this step motherly treatment given to Punjabi in favor of Urdu by the elite class in Pakistan. You may like to read this article :
http://www.gowanusbooks.com/punjabi.htm

Urdu is more widely used so that everyone can understand, in Punjab there are not just Punjabis many Pashtun, Baluch, and Karachiites are also in Punjab not to mention Sindhis so one needs to speak in Urdu. Besides if one goes to South Punjab they need to speak either Seraiki or Urdu since those are the languages used in the South and most politicians do not know Seraiki.

Urdu is more widely used so that everyone can understand, in Punjab there are not just Punjabis many Pashtun, Baluch, and Karachiites are also in Punjab not to mention Sindhis so one needs to speak in Urdu. Besides if one goes to South Punjab they need to speak either Seraiki or Urdu since those are the languages used in the South and most politicians do not know Seraiki.

It would have been smarter and easier if you enforced Punjabi as the national language instead of Urdu

So what? Urdu has its roots from Punjabi. Now we have a national language that is being spoken/understandable across whole country which is a great plus. Its a great step toward a more united Pakistani nation.
Are u sure??

Punjabi and Hindi/Urdu has common root from Shauraseni, a Prakrit spoken in ancient India thus they sounds quite identical. Urdu has no root in Punjabi except the common Persian-Arabic words, @slapshot thing you are saying just a history revisionism to fake Urdu as a language native to Pakistan.

Shauraseni language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
It would have been smarter and easier if you enforced Punjabi as the national language instead of Urdu

The point was to use a language that did not belong to any ethnic group but Bengalis revolted over it anyway so it was pointless making Urdu the national language as it did not foster unity anyway and now Karachiites run around with a complex.

Yes i know Urdu acts as a common language in Pakistan but i'm talking about the impression of Urdu as the language of elite and educated class . See this discussion in a Pakistani forum

Urdu Language Destroying Pakistan!

The point was to use a language that did not belong to any ethnic group but Bengalis revolted over it anyway so it was pointless making Urdu the national language as it did not foster unity anyway and now Karachiites run around with a complex.

The intentions were good but you failed to realize you were dealing with bongla deshis. I mean as bad as Pakistan or India is, at least we can look to bongla desh to feel a sense of comfort.

Indo-pak commonality.png

Yes i know Urdu acts as a common language in Pakistan but i'm talking about the impression of Urdu as the language of elite and educated class . See this discussion in a Pakistani forum

Urdu Language Destroying Pakistan!

I told you that English is seen as the language of the elite and educated although I agree that urdu is nuisance and I advocate its abolition. Anybody who can afford it though sends their children to English medium private schools the rest send their children by majboori to government schools which yes teach only Urdu.

The intentions were good but you failed to realize you were dealing with bongla deshis. I mean as bad as Pakistan or India is, at least we can look to bongla desh to feel a sense of comfort.

View attachment 38548

Agreed :lol:

I told you that English is seen as the language of the elite and educated although I agree that urdu is nuisance and I advocate its abolition. Anybody who can afford it though sends their children to English medium private schools the rest send their children by majboori to government schools which yes teach only Urdu.

Agreed :lol:

I agreed with english, i was talking about Urdu wrt Punjabi.

I agreed with english, i was talking about Urdu wrt Punjabi.

I read through the link and I agree that government should stop trying to prioritize Urdu over every other language, you see while you are mentioning Punjabi only the truth is even Pashtuns and others dislike the Urdu craze but only Punjabis do not make a fuss about it. That is because Punjabis are most devoted to unity so they are willing to learn Urdu while others have nationalist movements that bitch and cry.

I read through the link and I agree that government should stop trying to prioritize Urdu over every other language, you see while you are mentioning Punjabi only the truth is even Pashtuns and others dislike the Urdu craze but only Punjabis do not make a fuss about it. That is because Punjabis are most devoted to unity so they are willing to learn Urdu while others have nationalist movements that bitch and cry.

I realized after going through these links that Urdu acts as a language of national integration in Pakistan and a symbol of unity , at the same time there are many who complain about invasion of a foreign language (as they perceive it to be) at the expense of regional languages.

No way I find it hard to believe that they are a majority but I read somewhere you guys are running out of women and are importing bihari girls wtf lol.

The darker secret is coming out, literally :D

Guys like Arya Desa is dying inside, as his Aryans might become darker :D

Rational punjabis are not alarmists and the migration of Biharis and people from Uttar Pradesh is natural migration in search for greener pastures.

each state has it's own social problems. Punjab is one of the richest states in India. But killing female children wasn't the best of ideas.

Like the migration to Bangalore, or to Chennai.

The darker secret is coming out, literally :D

Guys like Arya Desa is dying inside, as his Aryans might become darker :D

Rational punjabis are not alarmist fools like him however.

You are a known racist on this board and stuffer from an immense inferiority complex. You think Aryans mean blue eyed blonde hair. You feel learning hindi will make you less dravid, then why did you learn hinduism? Seriously, no one likes racists and people hate those with inferiority complexes. Don't be ashamed to be pitch black, it is just the way you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom