What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean by half baked mind?
thats wht happened before freedom isn't it. People were actually made to believed that Hindu & Islam are completely opposite to each other. can't believe people still believe that.

lols @ half baked mind

The depiction of hindu gods and promotion of hinduism through these cartoons is another proof that we are indeed different than hindus.

And Yes Islam and Hinduism are completely opposite to each other. There is NO Other view on it.

and tamilnada has good wind power genertors..can see a lot of open fields with turbines running..
Btw..Benny nice avatar

Asia 's largest wind farm is in Tamilnadu.

I apologize to Jana over remark of whether it runs on wind..
It could be the wind , Jana.

Fragile, I used to sit near by TV, watching Alif Laila, Tipu Sultan and Hatim. It didnt impacted my mind, I can differentiate between what’s true and what’s not. Very insecure. They waste time and money of people on discussing these kind of things ?

Alif laila was also a fiction and in NO way depicts Islam unlike Indians are presenting hunuman and how he become god. hatim tai and Tipu Sultan are real characters and not gods to teach you religion\.

You can come up with cartoons of Prithvi not an issue

:no: Yes they do show worship to hindu deities. They show you young hunuman and his religious transformation. There are so many mythological stories why to depict hindu gods??

Nobody is saying you are pushing these on us. Taking measures against values which are in direct clash with ours, taking measures against promotion idol mythology is not a bad idea. I am for all these measures which can save children from spoiling.

Cartoons are for light entertainment and exposing non-hindu children to hinudism through these hindu mythological cartoons is spoiling their young minds.

Jana, seriously, if our kids were following cartoons while growing up, a mouse or a duck would have been our fav pets rather than a dog or a cat.

Please stick to Tom and Jerry for entertainment do not promote religion through cartoons atleast

And again, you make it sound like Hindus in general are purposefuly pushing into Muslim homes with an underlying objective to promote their religion. If religious promotion through different means was the problem, ask convent educated Pakistanis, they must have celebrated Christmas in school. Doesnt that qualify as promoting your religion?

The depiction of hindu gods and promotion of hinduism through these cartoons is another proof that we are indeed different than hindus.

And Yes Islam and Hinduism are completely opposite to each other. There is NO Other view on it.

Sorry but I strongly disagree with you on this.

The problem is that most people put on news and there is nothing other than reports of violence in it most of the time and children grow up watching this instead.

A. Indeed kids love to watch cartoons for entertainment not religious based cartoons for adopting Judaism, Islam, Hinduism or Christianity

1. Kids are above weak or strong faith. They are kids what you are teaching them they will pick up. Exposing them to something which is in clash with their values and religion is going to be explosive in the long run and create problems. SO there is NO question of exposing your kids to better perspective.

2. Out of 150 million Indian Muslims how many have access to TV and other such facilities.

3. These 150 million Muslims in India are already living under live hinduism. Their practices are already corrupted cartoons or no cartoons that doesnt matter.

4. It is not about making Islamic or less Islamic in my personal view this idea of making RELIGION based Cartoons is flawed and not a good idea in itself.

Why Indian hindus felt the need to promote religious cartoons for kids????

I am dead sure if there is one such series of cartoons for kids wherein a character teaches the children about how to offer nimaz, makes waddu, say azan and so on then it will be dubbed as spreading fundamentalism.

Hinduism is spiritualism and not fundamentalism. Every Hindu is free to choose his/her way of life in order to attain self-discipline Hinduism has not originated by any book and has not been practiced & taught through Cartoons or Youtubes and never going to die by Bans.
For Indians & Hindus Mythological Cartoons are for entertainment for Kids, for rest (Mostly Pakistanis: who look everything from religion perspective) it could be War on Islam.Choice is your's

since there is already a ban on indian channels, wont a ban on these cartoons be redundant?

SELF DELETE

Last edited:
Hinduism is spiritualism and not fundamentalism. Every Hindu is free to choose his/her way of life in order to attain self-discipline Hinduism has not originated by any book and has not been practiced & taught through Cartoons or Youtubes and never going to die by Bans.

:no: I dont want to start a debate on traits of hinduism or any religion here in this thread but Hinduism is not a spiritualism for spiritualism never promotes cast system and Untouchability.

2. Why not hinduism has been taught throughout the history through drawings be it on walls, stones or NOW on modern medium of communication.

Where your religious texts have come from if these are not documented.

As far as it will die or live that is NOT our concern neither we yearn for that.

For Indians & Hindus Mythological Cartoons are for entertainment for Kids, for rest (Mostly Pakistanis: who look everything from religion perspective) it could be War on Islam.Choice is your's

Showing worshiping idols might be entertainment for Indian/Hindus but for us its NOT. Period.

Probably trying to stop some propaganda or trying to start a propaganda, take your pick.

I was watching a hindu cartoon one day (didn't know it was a hindu cartoon), admiring the drawing which seems very different to american cartoons just like manga is. my baby sister asked me to please change the channel, this is hanumann. Even kids in pakistan don't watch hindu cartoons and try to stay away from them.

I guess the Pakistani mistrust of Indian hindus comes from having a violent history during the mass movement of people across the borders. Also it doesn't help that there are communally violent and anti-muslim forces always present in India.

I have never felt mistrust or unease with pakistani hindus who used to study at my university. still i would try to stay away from any guy with a tilak (sindoor watever) on his forehead, because of my suspicions that this guy might be anti-muslim.

the TV is a place where you can always change the channel if you don't like something. I think information censoring, like North Korea, is bad for the people of a country.

since there is already a ban on indian channels, wont a ban on these cartoons be redundant?

Cartoon Network is not banned. Its not about Indian or non-Indian channels. All those channels which have no landing rights means who are not having license and not paying fees have been banned

Hanuman is a god..and epic Ramayan happened ..and u can see the proof in the NASA pictures in the form submerged bridge that connects between Srilanka & India...the epic was written thousand of years ago..

Lolzz that fiction based bridge has already been questioned but anyway i am not going to discuss that as its matter of your religion so i better keep it aside. I and we being Muslims DO NOT believe in Idol worship of ramayana or your hunuman god.

And yes as you mentioned these cartoons promote this hindu mythology so thats why do not see it fit for our kids.

so Ramayan itself is worth studying and emulating at least a few kids will grow up less talibans,,
Did the barbaric taliban/mujahadeen ban TV and supressed women barbarically

Keep taliban out of it its not a debate about them and on another note We DO not want our kids to become Saffron terrorists as well through promotion of fundamentalist ideas through ramayana.

There are so many things in ramayans which are not fit for young minds.

Hope you do not want me to get started and posting those things.

violence is also part of it.

No comments, internal matter of Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the most pressing issue for them as it makes their skin crawl. Thats always unbearable.

Except to the poster who called Indian Muslims half baked - we are extrememly happy for our Muslims brothers and sisters that they are NOT crooked like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom