What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
^+1 Well said.

I dont see indian muslims who are more in number than the pakistani muslims converting/getting confused/half baked due to these cartoons.

silly govt. lol...

No comments, internal matter of Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the most pressing issue for them as it makes their skin crawl. Thats always unbearable.

It seems showing hindu gods in cartoons and defending it by you guys here is the most pressing issue for you as well.

Anyway life has become so easy without those sounds of puja and fake shining dham dhum after ban on Indian channels here.

I am all for banning these hindu mythology cartoons and replacing these with science based constructive cartoons for learning and for entertaining we are better with Tom and Jerry.

Except to the poster who called Indian Muslims half baked - we are extrememly happy for our Muslims brothers and sisters that they are NOT crooked like you.

Dont show your frustration by resorting to personal attacks. First read and then speak NO body had called Indian Muslims half-baked.

But with some hindu-mulsim marriages/fatwas against cow sluaghter and so on in India indeed those poor souls have no other way to survive but bow to hinduism.
:tdown:

Fragile, I used to sit near by TV, watching Alif Laila, Tipu Sultan and Hatim. It didnt impacted my mind, I can differentiate between what’s true and what’s not. Very insecure. They waste time and money of people on discussing these kind of things ?

That's a different story buddy, just as u saw them similarly Pakistani government din't put any ban on Ashoka and we saw it!! The very same thing, story of ancient past, but they don't have anything religious in them.

But these cartoons, show the Gods of Hindu religion and their stories. Pakistani kids are majority Muslims, they need to learn Muslim values first!!

Indian media is having an impact on our society and culture, but doing something to protect our own culture doesn't mean that we are abusing yours. We are protecting our culture and we have a right to protect it, feed our culture & our own history first into our future generations to keep it going and alive!!

I don't see anything wrong in this action of Punjab Gov, it shows that they are not just concentrating on matters catching headlines and solving them for the sake of political point scoring or just because it appeared in the pulbic, but rather they are looking deep into issues and solving them before the time runs out. That is what a government is supposed to do, prevent things from going wrong rather than watch it pass by and later run behind to catch it!!

But personally i think these cartoons effectively convey the message to future generations. A movie seen once remains in your brain than a book read a 1000 times!!

In Islam cartoons of living things are haram, otherwise i would have supported the idea to make similar cartoons about our Prophet (S.A.W) and on other Islamic teachings.

I haven't watched any of these cartoons so i don't really know what they show.In any case this is part of Indian culture and and kids love mythology.If somebody else doesn't like it they are free to switch it off.Everybody needs to be allowed to make their own choices in life.Feudalism,and dictatorship never got anybody any happiness right?
Yes Islam and Hinduism are very different,but i do not suffer from any paranoia about Islam.I am very comfortable with who i am and hence there is no such fear,that if i say Allah -u- Akbar( my apologies if i have written it wrong) i will become less of a human being.

The depiction of hindu gods and promotion of hinduism through these cartoons is another proof that we are indeed different than hindus.

And Yes Islam and Hinduism are completely opposite to each other. There is NO Other view on it.

Anyway life has become so easy without those sounds of puja and fake shining dham dhum after ban on Indian channels here.

Your khala must be offering 5 times namaz per hour praying to god that may the Indian Channels be allowed again as early as possible.

And here you are making the big talk. :rofl:

Life without Indian channels is nothing but a Talibanised Afghanistan for your masses.

Probably trying to stop some propaganda or trying to start a propaganda, take your pick.

I was watching a hindu cartoon one day (didn't know it was a hindu cartoon), admiring the drawing which seems very different to american cartoons just like manga is. my baby sister asked me to please change the channel, this is hanumann. Even kids in pakistan don't watch hindu cartoons and try to stay away from them..

Reminds me about the Video of a 3yrs old Palestinian girl on Youtube branding Jews as Pig & with other derogatory words and killing them.
Question is who teaches the likes of your baby sisters & Palestinian girl so much hate for Hindus or Jews?
Whoever doing that, are bloody curse on Humanity.

Lets not accuse the Indians or Hindus for having an agenda..Remember these cartoons are made in India for the Indian audience. Having them viewed anywhere overseas is the byproduct of having the channel available on satellite..like it watch it..dont like it change channel..GoP should work on a parents awareness campaign if it has objection towards indirect indoctrination of country youth.

The depiction of hindu gods and promotion of hinduism through these cartoons is another proof that we are indeed different than hindus.

And Yes Islam and Hinduism are completely opposite to each other. There is NO Other view on it.

Please note that the cartoons are not created for Pakistan. Blame yourself that you had to wait so long to get a ban on a cartoon. As far as "Promoting Hinduism" all I can do is laugh at how some here can twist anything to something.

Have you guys considered banning "Bollywood News" in all your online news portals? All of them cover bollywood news on a daily basis.

I'm not sure if you get Disney Channel in Pakistan but do you think showing teenagers in relationships, Kissing, Dating is ok??

Reminds me about the Video of a 3yrs old Palestinian girl on Youtube branding Jews as Pig & with other derogatory words and killing them.
Question is who teaches the likes of your baby sisters & Palestinian girl so much hate for Hindus or Jews?
Whoever doing that, are bloody curse on Humanity.

ofcourse the palestinian is downgrading jews.... they destroyed her homeland, killed off families, used bullets to kill children throwing stones at IDF forces, cut off food and medical supplies.

or have you conveniently chosen to forget that FACT.

the most frustrating thing about indians is that they choose to ignore blatant FACTS (such as true democracy for Kashmir)

:rofl::rofl:
this is funny....now cartoons can overtake Pakistan..;)...
these politicians are sure fool.

Not even in my wildest imagination did i ever imagine i will be reading a thread like this or action like this being taken by any politician. :lol:

:rofl::rofl:
this is funny....now cartoons can overtake Pakistan..;)...
these politicians are sure fool.

Not even in my wildest imagination did i ever imagine i will be reading a thread like this or action like this being taken by any politician. :lol:

They have not yet become topic of national debate in every pan and chai shop of gali mohalla. :rofl:

In India, on cable, we have all kinds of religious channels. Islamic from India and the Middle East, Christian from India, the US and even Islamic channels from south Asia (e.g., Malaysia). In my opinion, exposure to all kinds of religions strengthens one's belief rather than erodes it.

On the other, if one is fearful and insecure about how one's religion and culture might get 'corrupted' then it makes sense to ban all other religious/cultural references. We in India are a proudly multicultural and multi-religious society, and Indians have grown comfortable with religions other than our own. Our kids understand that it is just a story, nothing else. My wife was brought up in a Convent for many childhood years with moral science lectures every day- she is no less Hindu.

Pakistan is a Theological state, and theological states are built upon 'safeguarding' one religion by preventing the cost of exposure to others.

We don't believe that one religion has a monopoly over the truth, and our faith is not so weak that it will get corrupted so easily.......we will never agree on this, this is what the two-nation theory is all about. Fundamental difference.

Cheers. And yeah, those bl**dy saas-bahu serials are addictive c*ap. You're better off without them.

Last edited:
Please note that the cartoons are not created for Pakistan. Blame yourself that you had to wait so long to get a ban on a cartoon. As far as "Promoting Hinduism" all I can do is laugh at how some here can twist anything to something.

You are right we are to be blamed to allow religously motivated cartoons from India to be watched by our small kids. We should have banned them. After all i do not see anything positive thing our kids gonna get from what ramyana narrates neither i see anything positive our kids going to learn by watching what hunuman as god.

Have you guys considered banning "Bollywood News" in all your online news portals? All of them cover bollywood news on a daily basis.

NO we dont and it shows we ban only when its needed to be banned.

I'm not sure if you get Disney Channel in Pakistan but do you think showing teenagers in relationships, Kissing, Dating is ok??

There is a BIG difference between Teenagers and small kids. isnt it ?

In India, on cable, we have all kinds of religious channels. Islamic from India and the Middle East, Christian from India, the US and even Islamic channels from south Asia (e.g., Malaysia). In my opinion, exposure to all kinds of religions strengthens one's belief rather than erodes it.

On the other, if one is fearful and insecure about how one's religion and culture might get 'corrupted' then it makes sense to ban all other religious/cultural references. We in India are a proudly multicultural and multi-religious society, and Indians have grown comfortable with religions other than our own. Our kids understand that it is just a story, nothing else. My wife was brought up in a Convent for many childhood years with moral science lectures every day- she is no less Hindu.

Pakistan is a Theological state, and theological states are built upon 'safeguarding' one religion by preventing the cost of exposure to others.

We will never agree on this, this is what the two-nation theory is all about. Fundamental difference.

Cheers. And yeah, those bl**dy saas-bahu serials are addictive c*ap. You're better off without them.

Ignoring your long sermon , just tell me India is not a theological state as per your claim then why YOU Needed to come up with idea of Hindu cartoons depicting hindu gods???????

Tell me one fine reason why you needed to teach your kids about hinduism through cartoons ??if its not about preserving your hindu culture ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom