What's new

Hindu Mandars in Pakistan

Few things to know here:

1. How many old Churches as compared to Ancient Hindu temples do you think are there in Pakistan? -In my opinion, Hindu temples will outnumber Churches with huge margin.

2. Isn't Hindu community in Karachi, Sindh where they are in large numbers maintaining the temples in their region? In my opinion, they do but how many they can maintain with limited resources that they have.

As far as I know, the number of old Hindu temples are way too many to be maintained by limited number of Hindus left in Pakistan. As a fact, ancient Hindu temples can be found very easily through out Pakistan even where there are no Hindus around today so when nobody is around who will maintain these sites. Govt agencies doesn't seem to be doing anything close to good job in upkeep of these ancient monuments of huge Archeological value.

In the end, I think Pakistan govt should let Hindus worldwide to contribute for the upkeep of these old Holy places. That will really help in maintaining these sites.

why not your rich hindus fund for those hindu temples ??? Christians are being funded by the via foreign NGO for the churches in pakistan ,, even 90% of the masjid in pakistan are being maintained by the donations and fundings of public

Sri Badoki Temple, Gujranwala, Punjab:

19.+Mander+at+Badoki,+near+gujaranwala.jpg

Its just near rahwali cantt....... In a small village.....I have seen it......It also has a pool.......People dont go inside it......Coz they are scared of ghosts.:tdown:

You know what the funny thing is: a lot of Hindus are very favorable of the PPP, especially BB. They call her a martyr, & their Quaid. It's funny, but somehow, the PPP have a lot of support for some reason. I think it also might have to do with the wadera system unfortunately, besides the fact that the Bhuttos were a Sindhi family. But it is heartening for me to see plenty of Hindus in government jobs, law enforcement, lawyers, opening businesses, NGOs, banks, education, medical & many other fields. As awareness is increasing, these issues are being tackled more.

It's not just Hindus. But also Christians, even Shias, who favor PPP.
And that is because PPP is the most secular major political party in Pakistan. Today it may be cowed by the fanatics for safety reasons but both Salman Taseer and Shahbaz Bhatti were PPP men who sacrificed themselves for minority causes.

And please don't get me started with some stupid ideas about ZAB starting the so-called 'Islamization' in Pakistan. ZAB introduced a few cosmetic steps to blunt the onslaught of mullahs but he was their mortal enemy and was eventually brought down in a 'Nizaam e Mustafa' movement, spearheaded by the religious segments of Pakistan's society.

well i have seen that temples in sindh only are in good condition due to good hindu population in sindh, temples in others part of pakistan are in very bad condition. pakistan should release funds & make a orz. for those temples as it is pakistan's cultural heritage even though it belongs to minority religion.

well i have seen that temples in sindh only are in good condition due to good hindu population in sindh, temples in others part of pakistan are in very bad condition. pakistan should release funds & make a orz. for those temples as it is pakistan's cultural heritage even though it belongs to minority religion.

I totally agree with you. The Government of Pakistan has a duty to protect the Mandirs

private donors often pay for the upkeep of the temples and surrounding grounds....yes govt. has duty to upkeep and maintain these religious/cultural sites but due to the current economic environment it would be difficult --even some infrastructure/development projects have been put on hold

private donors should take the charge...i dont think it would cost too much

its not Hindu temple... its restaurant in Said-Pur-Village (man made village) in which small temple on the right side (not in this pic) ... the building in above picture is haweeli style art gallery :)

Yup and here is the inside image of this building. It was once a dharamsala. Now it's an art gallery.

2280540981_8806f1162d.jpg

Hindu-Temple-Saidpur-village-Islamabad-Punjab.jpg

Temple is on the right side. There are no statues inside.

The population of Hindus in other parts of Pakistan is minute so it would be pointless unless the temple has a historical significance as it's absurd to fund the redevelopment of a temple when that money would be best used to help people stuck in poverty.

Katas: A place of tears and temples​

Katas or Katas Raj is a complex of Hindu temples near Chakwal in the Punjab province of Pakistan. The place is also sacred because of a pond located there, which according to Hindu mythology was formed by the tears of Lord Shiva.

This brief documentary unveils some parts of Katas

Last edited by a moderator:
A Pakistani movie that shows how some of the Hindu Dalit village people live in Pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
bro is there really that many hindus in pakistan i thought it was 3-4 million ? is pakistan hindu council exaggarating their numbers or are pakistani government downplaying it ? christian population has also claimed they are around 10 million strong but pakistan has claimed it's around the same as the hindu one at 3-4 million it would be interesting to see what their true population is of hindus/christians and if they've increased at the same rate as the muslim population in pakistan.

I was wondering the same. For a population of 6 million, the number of temples posted are very small.

Are there any official records regarding minorities in Pakistan. PDF members throw around numbers without any links for the same. How often does Pakistan conducts its census? Where can u find this info regarding minorities of Pakistan? I tried the Google links-- they are all old and broken. the last census was conducted in 1998.

India just started its population survey, the largest of its kind. Indian census of 2011 will be the 15th national census of the country.

For Pakistan with a population of 180-220 million it is much needed exercise, to reach out to everyone especially its minorities. It is basic requirement of democratic setup, to be counted and to exercise your franchise. With statistics on hand, a politician is better equipped to know his vote bank and to reach out to their needs.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom