What's new

Hindu Mandars in Pakistan

I was wondering the same. For a population of 6 million, the number of temples posted are very small.

Are there any official records regarding minorities in Pakistan. PDF members throw around numbers without any links for the same. How often does Pakistan conducts its census? Where can u find this info regarding minorities of Pakistan? I tried the Google links-- they are all old and broken. the last census was conducted in 1998.

India just started its population survey, the largest of its kind. Indian census of 2011 will be the 15th national census of the country.

For Pakistan with a population of 180-220 million it is much needed exercise, to reach out to everyone especially its minorities. It is basic requirement of democratic setup, to be counted and to exercise your franchise. With statistics on hand, a politician is better equipped to know his vote bank and to reach out to their needs.

Most of the temples I have shown to you are from Sindh. Pakistan is full of mandirs all over the country, Rawalpindi is sometimes also referred to as the city of Mandirs. In many places, there are small mandirs at almost every corner & street. I haven't even shown most of the mandirs to you on this thread. Btw, the Hindu population in Pakistan is somewhere between 7 & 8 million, I believe.

Could the Mods kindly correct the spellings in the title please.

I think the mods should not do that. BH sahib has written the word as we spell it, and say it, in Urdu. If you do need the English spelling (the same as in many Indian languages) then Urdu one should be put in brackets just afterward. This is a (supposedly-)predominantly-Pakistani forum, and some of us might not recognize the word if you put an i in it. I, possibly a typical Pakistani, wouldn't have recognized it two years ago myself if I hadn't made an effort to learn elementary Hindi.

Thanks for considering.

I think the mods should not do that. BH sahib has written the word as we spell it, and say it, in Urdu. If you do need the English spelling (the same as in many Indian languages) then Urdu one should be put in brackets just afterward. This is a (supposedly-)predominantly-Pakistani forum, and some of us might not recognize the word if you put an i in it. I, possibly a typical Pakistani, wouldn't have recognized it two years ago myself if I hadn't made an effort to learn elementary Hindi.

Thanks for considering.

Point taken.

However since BH has thanked my post I presume he concurs.

Next Mandir is pronounced Mandar less because of urdu but more due to the Punjabi accent ( like Treasure / Measure pronounced as ' Traiiure / Maiiure).

In India , the urdu speaking people pronounce it as Mandir which is the correct pronunciation & spellings for a Hindu place of worship.

^Thank you, and I agree that the original is mandir.

My Urdu has little Punjabi influence, and I pronounce it mandar, so Punjabi-influence doesn't explain it. I think it is a result of our Farsi baggage, since I've heard one of my Irani acquaintances say mandar if I remember correctly. What's more, just like them, we too pronounce brahmin as barhaman, which would irritate many Indians, who are used to the [supposedly] original pronunciation. BH too is from an Urdu-speaking background , again if I remember correctly, and therefore manifests the same 'ailment'. Oh and we have in my city an area called Guru Mandar, so more proof.

23785584.jpg

Untitled2-6.png

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Untitled3-3.png

Untitled5-1.png

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Untitled4-1.png

Bilal have you ever been to Thana Bulla Khan, few kms away from Hyderabad? There are so many Mundirs, I have visited some of them, they are awesome..

Mandir+Jain+Swamber+inside+Bohar+Gat+Chowk+Bazar+near+Masjid+Phool+Hathan+1.jpg

Mandir+Jain+Swamber+inside+Bohar+Gat+Chowk+Bazar+near+Masjid+Phool+Hathan+5.jpg

Mandir+Jain+Swamber+inside+Bohar+Gat+Chowk+Bazar+near+Masjid+Phool+Hathan+3.jpg

Mandir+Jain+Swamber+inside+Bohar+Gat+Chowk+Bazar+near+Masjid+Phool+Hathan+4.jpg

Mandir+Jain+Swamber+inside+Bohar+Gat+Chowk+Bazar+near+Masjid+Phool+Hathan+6.jpg

Jain Swamber Temple Inside Bohar Gate Multan
Introduction
Jaina Mandir or Jaina temple belongs to the Suembra Sect of Jain Religion. It is located near Chowk Bazar, near Masjid Phool Hathan, Inside Bohar Gate, Inner Walled City Multan. It is one of 52 historic places to restore in Multan.

How Old
Perhaps 100 year old Mandir
Travel Multan: Jain Swamber Temple Inside Bohar Gate Multan

Bilal have you ever been to Thana Bulla Khan, few kms away from Hyderabad? There are so many Mundirs, I have visited some of them, they are awesome..

No, never been there. It's unfortunate, because I've been around in most parts of Sindh. I'd love to go there someday.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom