What's new

Hindu Mandars in Pakistan

To give a little bit of perspective of what has been shown in this thread, Hindus have an overwhelming presence in Sindh, & live peacefully alongside Muslims there. There are about 7.5-8 million Hindus in Pakistan according to the estimate by the Pakistan Hindu Council, & about 6.9 million of those are in Sindh. There are 350,000 Hindus in Punjab, 21000 Hindus in KPK, 118,000 in Balochistan.

These are the locations of the cities/towns I've shown the Mandirs in this thread from (in Sindh province only). There are many more Mandirs out there in Sindh, & the rest of Pakistan:

Untitled2-1.jpg

I hope all of this was educational to Indian Hindus. I have Pakistani Hindu friends, & they are very patriotic towards Pakistan, & love Pakistan more than anything. I hope this thread is educational for most of you guys here. I am about to make a thread about the holy sites for Sikh gurdwaras, & the churches for Christians inside Pakistan as well, & I'd like input from anyone interested.

bro is there really that many hindus in pakistan i thought it was 3-4 million ? is pakistan hindu council exaggarating their numbers or are pakistani government downplaying it ? christian population has also claimed they are around 10 million strong but pakistan has claimed it's around the same as the hindu one at 3-4 million it would be interesting to see what their true population is of hindus/christians and if they've increased at the same rate as the muslim population in pakistan.

The Rig Veda, the oldest of the four Vedas which was composed in 1500 B.C. was written in present day Pakistan. Hence, it would not be wrong to say that the oldest Hindu temples were in Pakistan as well.

The Rig Veda, the oldest of the four Vedas which was composed in 1500 B.C. was written in present day Pakistan. Hence, it would not be wrong to say that the oldest Hindu temples were in Pakistan as well.

Ya, you are right in saying that, but back then they were made from brick and wood which would not exist now.

You should find the date of the temples rather then assuming.

Not me. I don't know anything about Telugu. But my mother speaks telugu often.

Yup they are. I know one such family but marathi is only spoken by the older generation. The young generation doesn't speak in Marathi.

Things like this are an eye opener.

Ya, you are right in saying that, but back then they were made from brick and wood which would not exist.

I guess there is no real way to find that out. It is possible though, even though it might not be true.

Ya, you are right in saying that, but back then they were made from brick and wood which would not exist now.

Things like this are an eye opener.

Maybe Marathi & Telugu aren't spoken by younger generation Pakistanis, but Gujarati, Rajasthani (Marwari, Dakhti & others), Bangla, Bihari (Bhojpuri, Maithili, Angika & others) & many other Indian languages are spoken by younger generation Pakistanis too. I am a Bhojpuri & Gujarati speaker myself.

Not me. I don't know anything about Telugu. But my mother speaks telugu often.

Maybe Marathi & Telugu aren't spoken by younger generation Pakistanis, but Gujarati, Rajasthani (Marwari, Dakhti & others), Bangla, Bihari (Bhojpuri, Maithili, Angika & others) & many other Indian languages are spoken by younger generation Pakistanis too. I am a Bhojpuri & Gujarati speaker myself.

Holly shrine... There is so many mysteries of Pakistan that I did not know.. Who would have imagined.. Telugu, Maithili, Bengali...??? I knew there was Gujarati speakers.. But Bengali??? Really?

Nice thread Bilal! I enjoyed looking at all the pictures and it just reminds me of how many things I still need to see when I go to Pakistan.

its a very nice thread. nice to know there are still jain temples in pakistan. i am a jain myself.
would like to know are there any jains left in pakistan. please let me know if you know.

What about Churches? They are kept in excellent conditions. Why is that? Because Christians here actually maintain churches, devote their time and also make a lot of donations to keep churches running. Same can be said about Parsis.
Maybe Hindus should try doing that.

Few things to know here:

1. How many old Churches as compared to Ancient Hindu temples do you think are there in Pakistan? -In my opinion, Hindu temples will outnumber Churches with huge margin.

2. Isn't Hindu community in Karachi, Sindh where they are in large numbers maintaining the temples in their region? In my opinion, they do but how many they can maintain with limited resources that they have.

As far as I know, the number of old Hindu temples are way too many to be maintained by limited number of Hindus left in Pakistan. As a fact, ancient Hindu temples can be found very easily through out Pakistan even where there are no Hindus around today so when nobody is around who will maintain these sites. Govt agencies doesn't seem to be doing anything close to good job in upkeep of these ancient monuments of huge Archeological value.

In the end, I think Pakistan govt should let Hindus worldwide to contribute for the upkeep of these old Holy places. That will really help in maintaining these sites.

Hindu Temple, Islamabad:

3867351621_4c08720b15.jpg

its not Hindu temple... its restaurant in Said-Pur-Village (man made village) in which small temple on the right side (not in this pic) ... the building in above picture is haweeli style art gallery :)

Few things to know here:

1. How many old Churches as compared to Ancient Hindu temples do you think are there in Pakistan? -In my opinion, Hindu temples will outnumber Churches with huge margin.

2. Isn't Hindu community in Karachi, Sindh where they are in large numbers maintaining the temples in their region? In my opinion, they do but how many they can maintain with limited resources that they have.

As far as I know, the number of old Hindu temples are way too many to be maintained by limited number of Hindus left in Pakistan. As a fact, ancient Hindu temples can be found very easily through out Pakistan even where there are no Hindus around today so when nobody is around who will maintain these sites. Govt agencies doesn't seem to be doing anything close to good job in upkeep of these ancient monuments of huge Archeological value.

In the end, I think Pakistan govt should let Hindus worldwide to contribute for the upkeep of these old Holy places. That will really help in maintaining these sites.

Again hindu temples might be older then churches but churches are old as well. Majority of the churches date back to the 1800s and early 1900s. I don't know ask the hindus in Sindh why they're not maintaining them. The temples here in Karachi are all kept well.And what limited number of Hindus are you talking about? There aren't like a few hundred or thousand left. Instead there are millions who live here.

I work, live and sit with Hindus, Muslims, Christians and Parsis and I know that Hindus just don't like donating much. Estimates put Hindu population around 8-10 million. Now I know for a fact that Hindus here in Karachi are white collared workers, mostly doctors, accountants and lawyers. And the Hindus that live in interior Sindh some of them are like mill owners and jaagirdars. They have enough money to maintain temples in rural areas.

Holly shrine... There is so many mysteries of Pakistan that I did not know.. Who would have imagined.. Telugu, Maithili, Bengali...??? I knew there was Gujarati speakers.. But Bengali??? Really?

Yeah dude another thing I found quite interesting between India and pakistan

11b6lap.png

The linguistic classification listed, which Brahui is the only "Dravidian language" which is exclusively spoken outside India. (In the Balochistan region of pakistan)

Wow...one of my fav threads on PDF. 7 pages and ZERO trolls!!!...no war cries and no " u nuke me and i nuke u":cheers:

One advice to all PDF brethren... whenever u loose cool due to noobs or trolls, just check this thread and see the amount of potential of cooperation on both sides.
Again thanks for a wonderful thread :)

Back
Top Bottom