What's new

Hindu extremist ''Shiv sena'' leader threatens Mumbai based ''Karachi sweets'' shop to change its name

Stay on topic. The thing is Indians should decide what they will do with their business outlets. If they feel it's an insult to keep Urdu names, then they can do so. At least democracy allows them to do so.
Retard. Read the OP - the business is being harassed and not being allowed to keep the name it has chosen. You are contradicting yourself. He has picked a name and has set up a prosperous business on the backing of that name and perhaps conning people suggesting they have an affinity to Karachi. In a democracy they have a right to use whatever they want to. Who are you to be a spokesperson for all Indians trolling yet again?
Frankly I would prefer the name change because using Karachi as a name is misleading and people in the UK have frequently bought the product thinking it’s a Pakistani product - only to realise it’s in fact indian product PRETENDING to have a connection with Karachi.

India is a Hindu majority country. Urdu and Pakistani names cannot exist in India.

Its time to Sanskritize every urdu/arabic/Persian names in India.

Hmm, you were earlier neutral most times. Now, is this your real side ?

Urdu is very much an Indian language and has contributed to say progressive writings whose use has been in Bollywood dialogue and songs since early times. What do you propose should be done with that ? Replace those with gramatically-proper Sanskrit ?

Urdu originates from India and is spoken by 80 million Muslims in UP and Bihar.

Down South too, brother.

Hmm, you were earlier neutral most times. Now, is this your real side ?

He's a Burma lover.

Burma that commits genocide on muslims, actually cut the "muslims", Burma that commits genocide.

Now put the two and two together, that's the real side.

@Cliftonite Dude, I can't be arsed with this guy, He has 3 forms, One on BD forum, One in neutral South Asia Forum and real one on Myanmar thread.

Sony TV. I watch it especially when there are no cricketer guests.

Well, some times the jokes and the talk is facepalm and some times it is good. Doctor Gulati was good. And so is Baccha Yadav. And Sapna. And Bhuri sometimes.

Kapil's talk with his female guests, especially in earlier times before he got married looked so desperate, and lot of guests have told him that in the show itself.

As to its popularity, I think the show connects with the common person much more than other talk shows like Koffee With Karan which, from the clips I have seen on the internet, has unnecessarily sex-laden talk sometimes which is of course not conducive for family TV rooms.

And I like the occasional music people guests who get to perform and they create a good atmosphere.

There is the element of the "patron-in-chief" sitting on the big chair among the audience. First was Sidhu with his poetry, flair and good talk and now is Archana also with good talk.

And then there are the audience members brought to the stage to do various things. Sometimes good, sometimes cringey.

Finally, there are the guests who are relaxed and witty which is not generally seen by the audience in films. Kapil's show is like the Indian version of The Graham Norton Show.

So various elements have made the show popular.

Thanks, for the detailed response.

Past is Past. Currently Hindus are out greatest ally.

Please let us make the distinction. You are supporting Hindutvadis, not Hindus.

Let me say as someone living in India. Hindutvadis are not the most pleasant and intellectual of humans. You would have got an indication by reading certain Indian members of PDF.

And ally in what ?

Please review your support.

India is a Hindu majority country. Urdu and Pakistani names cannot exist in India.

Its time to Sanskritize every urdu/arabic/Persian names in India.
You’re a cunt you know that?
what if I say Buddhist don’t have a place in Bangladesh, they should pack their bags and go to burma?

I have seen many „Bombay“ places all over Pakistan and nobody in Pakistan cares about that. Hostile Hindus with hereditary PTSD will never overcome their past.

Yes I second that observation, there was a tailor shop called "Bombay Tailor" in Sahiwal maybe still is there. My grandfather had a few suits done for him there. At this rate they should change the name to Mumbai Tailors just to piss off more Shiv Sena people.

what if I say Buddhist don’t have a place in Bangladesh, they should pack their bags and go to burma?
I expected you to be smarter man. You did not get the jist of my post.

Urdu is not part of the mainstream Indian culture. Urdu is basically a Persian, Mughal language mixed with Sanskrit.

Majority of Indians are showing resentment because Sanskrit or native Indian languages are being undermined. That's why Allahabad became Pragyaraj etc etc.

There is no religious overtone in my post. I'm just simply stating facts. Urdu is not part of the mainstream Indian culture and majority of Indians(radical or not don't care) are now demanding change in Urdu names.
I expected you to be smarter man. You did not get the jist of my post.

Urdu is not part of the mainstream Indian culture. Urdu is basically a Persian, Mughal language mixed with Sanskrit.

Majority of Indians are showing resentment because Sanskrit or native Indian languages are being undermined. That's why Allahabad became Pragyaraj etc etc.

There is no religious overtone in my post. I'm just simply stating facts. Urdu is not part of the mainstream Indian culture and majority of Indians(radical or not don't care) are now demanding change in Urdu names.

Past is Past. Currently Hindus are out greatest ally.

Ji bilkul bilkul :cheers:

Let me say as someone living in India. Hindutvadis are not the most pleasant and intellectual of humans. You would have got an indication by reading certain Indian members of PDF.

I've got a few acquaintances (sensible I must say) in Shiv Sena who's not comfy with what he did, they're trying to change things for the better step by step basically

I've got a few acquaintances (sensible I must say) in Shiv Sena who's not comfy with what he did, they're trying to change things for the better step by step basically

I read in today's paper that Sanjay Raut the MP from Shiv Sena - Maharashtra, has put out the official statement that the party distances itself from this particular leader's act. It said that the Karachi Bakery is operating in Bombay for the last 60 years and has no connection with Pakistan so there is no need to change the name.

Previously, Shiv Sena did a sensible job about the Palghar lynching case even with the BJP screaming first that the lynching was carried out by the Muslims, screaming next that it was done by the Christians, screaming last and desperately that it was done by communist Naxal guerrillas.

And then there is the episode of the newly-minted BJP troll, actress Kangana Ranaut.

That's why Allahabad became Pragyaraj etc etc.

And who changed the name ? The same Yogi Adityanath who did not care when his high-caste people burned down 50 Dalit homes and a Dalit temple with a Ambedkar statue in it. This was the same Ambedkar who is the main drafter of the Indian Constitution. The same Ambedkar who converted to Buddhism. You claim to be a Buddhist yet you support the Hindutvadi / Brahmanvaadi persecutors of the pre-Buddhist Ambedkar.

And what about the upper-caste officials of Hyderabad University who oppressed Dalit student Rohith Vemula to the point of suicide in 2016. And the same year his mother and brother converted to Buddhism as rejection of Hindutvadi / Brahmanvaadi oppression. Yes, this happened in modern times to answer your previous post. Yet you want to support the Hindutvadis.

You sir are a man of contradictions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom