What's new

Hindi and Urdu words learning thread.

Jhakhaas,Dhinchak --->Means Excellent?

^All these Bambaiyya Boli?:D
---------
@EjazR: the "Za"(ज़) Sound is not Exactly "Za" as pronounced?In Spoken Hindi ,for eg: Hazaar will be pronounced somewhere between "Za" and "Ja" ?

Try Z factor with GHAZIPUR or simply GHAZI

Two arabic word used in Urdu.

Istaqbal---welcome
Mustaqbal--future.

Last edited:
There are many words in Urdu from Arabic like:
Qanoon(law), Kitab (Book), Dunya(world), Shukria(thank you from Shukran) etc

From Turkish/Mongolian
Arsalan(Lion), Bavurchi khana(though the khana here is from persian of course), and then ofcourse Urdu itself

From Persian
Ab (River, hence Punjab = 5 rivers), Shah (King), Bazaar (market) etc.

These are just some examples.

मेरा नाम हम्ज़ा है
My name in Hindi, lol :D

Have a curious question though, can those who read devanagri understand the bengali script? They all look the same to me :what:

मेरा नाम हम्ज़ा है
My name in Hindi, lol :D

:tup:

Have a curious question though, can those who read devanagri understand the bengali script? They all look the same to me :what:

many albhabets or letter whatever you call it..looks similar in both Hindi and bengali....never tried to find out but I think the base is sanskrit...
and about your question...No ! not really if they do not know bengali..they might identify some letters but not understand Bengali fully..

BTW - I can write,read and speak all three....Punjabi (My MT),Hindi and Bengali fluently and understand and speak a little Nepali and Assamese (its much like Bengali).:P

EDIT: oops I forgot to mention Urdu which most of the Indians understand and a lot many can speak it very fluently...

Last edited:
Ab (River, hence Punjab = 5 rivers),

thats AAB in Urdu = WATER (not rivers)

I guess you copied AB from the word Punjab (where it self it sounds like AAB and meaning (PUNJ=5 and AB=WATER/Rivers).

In urdu we write it like this.آب

Hindi is not pure it is been created from urdu i wont rate hindi as an language

thats Mustaqbil

Cheers :cheers:

pehle mus kaha phir tak kaha phir bal kaha
yeh keh kurr zalim nae mustaqbal ke tukre kurr diye

:)

I'm afraid it's mustaqbal.(Don't be afraid to challenge.)

:rolleyes:

Al-Zakir bhai you are correct.

Last edited:
Hindi is not pure it is been created from urdu i wont rate hindi as an language

The common language we speak today is a mixture of devnagari, Urdu and khari boli...since we have a mixed society..and understandable by each...and we have started calling it Hindi...search for actual Hindi,it has nothing to do with Urdu at all.

so you created hindi out of urdu and some of it from other language so it mean that hindi is a mixture and sir mixture never meant to be pure so it is not a pure language urdu is oldest and more accurate than your hindi

pehle mus kaha phir tak kaha phir bal kaha
yeh keh kurr zalim nae mustaqbal ke tukre kurr diye

:)
I'm afraid it's mustaqbal.
Al-Zakir bhai you are correct.

I'm afraid SaaHab e zakaa is also SaaHab e bekhataa in this instance, and the word is indeed muataqbil-مستقبل. You are mastaqbil's mustaqbal if you live to see it!

Zaki

In arabic the "Mustaqbil" prononuce as "Mustaqbal". Which one is more correct.:undecided:

مستقبل

i don't think so. In Urdu - Khappay means - someone is trapped in the trouble - and may he never come out.

But the khappay he asked in the previous post is derived/originated from Sindhi language meaning "Chahiye" or "Want".

No actually one of my Sindhi friend told me it means 'geo or geye' or in English 'live', as in Zardari's famous slogan 'Pakistan Khappe' means 'Pakistan Live' (In urdu it means 'some one in troble', so i think zardari ment that in urdu :rofl::rofl:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom