What's new

High Mark 2016 Motorway Touchdown

Indians limiting their press to cover army related matters is also a serious escalation...

They are planning to move in ...and probably are expecting heavy casualities....

I wont be surprised if this one turns out to be a real deal
If they have problem in taking only 17 casualties, will be they able to stomach even more? Given the Indian tendency to over concentrate their troops, which may limit their ability to maneuver, aren't they building death traps for their own folks?

It may be off the topic - why do the Indian army put too many folks together? In an interview, if I can recollect correctly, Gazi M M Alam was saying that when he faced 5 Indian fighters instead of dispersing and attacking him from different corners they all try to flee together, and thus made his job easier. Are they timid or not? I have a hypothesis but it's beyond the scope of this forum. I am pretty sure Pak folks are well aware of it...

Last edited by a moderator:
If they have problem in taking only 17 casualties, will be they able to stomach even more? Given the Indian tendency to over concentrate their troops, which may limit their ability to maneuver, aren't they building death traps for their own folks?
It may be off the topic - why do the Indian army put too many folks together? In an interview, if I can recollect correctly, Gazi M M Alam was saying that when he faced 5 Indian fighters instead of dispersing and attacking him from different corners they all try to flee together, and thus made his job easier. Are they timid or not? I have a hypothesis but it's beyond the scope of this forum. I am pretty sure Pak folks are well aware of it...

Yeah you are right they use swarm tactics ... if it works it works... if not ...well they will take huge casualities...
But this daily bullshiit needs to be sorted , once and for all...they are behaving like a barbarian horde... this needs to end.. i am still not sure they will cross the threshold...but i am really hoping they do...
This will end right here right now..

By the way if they dont cross threshold now after making so much noise... i think we still have achieved alot... they wont bark for another 5 10 years...

This is whats wrong with head on sworm
..if u dont win ...u loose alot

I wont be surprised if this one turns out to be a real deal

At this point, this is as real as a war is. There is plenty going on at LOC. Heavy artillery is being used. The red line would be considered "crossed" the second either an IAF jets gets inside the Pakistani border, or the IBG starts to move forward with mechanized divisions.

There has been plenty of "lock ons" already on either side of the border but the aircraft turn back within the buffer zone (5 km of the border I think).

At this point, this is as real as a war is. There is plenty going on at LOC. Heavy artillery is being used. The red line would be considered "crossed" the second either an IAF jets gets inside the Pakistani border, or the IBG starts to move forward with mechanized divisions.

There has been plenty of "lock ons" already on either side of the border but the aircraft turn back within the buffer zone (5 km of the border I think).

Well good ... lets sort this one out first than shall we....
I dont know where you are getting heavy artllary being used bit ... usually the explosions would be audible to our media ...which is still not under any restrictions to report

Well good ... lets sort this one out first than shall we....
I dont know where you are getting heavy artllary being used bit ... usually the explosions would be audible to our media ...which is still not under any restrictions to report

Pakistani media can see a 100 artillery shells exploded right in front of them within 10 feet and they won't "hear" those if the military doesn't want them to hear. Its that simple and its true for all countries. Including the US media too. Every regime uses media for their purposes.

Its the same for India too, they have put in total media blackout on their side too as they expect the casualties to be very high for what they are about to go do. In fact, if you watch the Indian media, they are still saying "a conflict with Pakistan is not on cards", this is being repeated every hour while dozens of heavy Bofors and other artillery are shelling out hundreds of shells every minute!!

Pakistani media can see a 100 artillery shells exploded right in front of them within 10 feet and they won't "hear" those if the military doesn't want them to hear. Its that simple and its true for all countries. Including the US media too. Every regime uses media for their purposes.

Its the same for India too, they have put in total media blackout on their side too as they expect the casualties to be very high for what they are about to go do. In fact, if you watch the Indian media, they are still saying "a conflict with Pakistan is not on cards", this is being repeated every hour while dozens of heavy Bofors and other artillery are shelling out hundreds of shells every minute!!

This was daily routine by the way before musharaf anyway...
And no... pakistani media will reoprt.... heck they some times report even when explictly being told not to...

Recheck your info on that...heavy artillary has moved in... no reports that it has been used to any sugnificant effect... no reports on any exchange yet...

Indian posts have diplayed redflags ..meaning exchange is imminent

This was daily routine by the way before musharaf anyway...
And no... pakistani media will reoprt.... heck they some times report even when explictly being told not to

Okay man. You have a right to your opinion. I know Pakistani military, media and civilians very well (if you can't get that from my posts). And I know the state of the affairs there, in India and everywhere else. Media is a tool used by each state when you get to national security type issues like a war, etc. This is exactly that.

Okay man. You have a right to your opinion. I know Pakistani military, media and civilians very well (if you can't get that from my posts). And I know the state of the affairs there, in India and everywhere else. Media is a tool used by each state when you get to national security type issues like a war, etc. This is exactly that.

Yesterday one of our idiots hamid mir went live on indian tv and was reporting f 16s flying over islamabad and direction where they were heading...with exact time line
There is another thread running on that

https://defence.pk/threads/f-16-pla...urnalist-hamid-mir.450884/page-7#post-8719158

This one

Yesterday one of our idiots hamid mir went live on indian tv and was reporting f 16s flying over islamabad and direction where they were heading...with exact time line

I am aware of that interview. Anyone (including Indians living in Islamabad) can see the afterburners of the F-16's and the direction they are headed. It is 100% common sense that in this tense environment, anything around Islamabad would cover Kashmir as its only a few minutes flight from there. The journalist didn't disclose anything that was against the national interests. There are plenty of aircraft flying around the Kashmiri border as that's where the current action is. So I don't understand what your point is....

Unfortunately saying they can is not enough -
Surely if they could we would have seen pictures or video -

Lets keep in mind what the purpose of the strips is. It is to give a point defence fighter, which has shorter endurance in the air, temporary facilities for refueling and arming. Technically, all PAF aircraft, including the C-130 can land and take off from these motorway strips, but aircraft like the F-16 and JF-17 have sufficient endurance to fly from rear bases so the PAF command may not feel the need to clutter these makeshift facilities with multiple types and sqns. If you are making a make shift base, you also need to think about logistics, spares, weapons for each type to be serviced. So lots of considerations go into this.

Imminent war or DEFCON-2 is the highest pre-war alert. When its issued, you are literally waiting to engage. Between this and actual war DEFCON-1 could be seconds. So the entire Pakistani military is at the highest war-alert. The next 72 hours are pretty darn serious as the Indian IBG's have assembled since yesterday evening and can setup their re-enforcement protocols and start a real attack.

There is already plenty of CAP related air (both sides), and heavy artillery shelling related activity going on, on either side of the border around Kashmir.
kindly stop with these baseless rumors and unnecessary sensationalism!!!
there is no extra activity from army. Airforce is going through PRE PLANNED exercise, large scale, which involved all assets. The activity we see from them is for the exercise and not a preparation of some war in next two days. LOC sees increased shelling and activity every now and then and the current one is also a "routine" affair. No need to imagine a few dots, then bending all the way to connect them to form a picture you have already made in your mind.

islamabad isnt alone, zdks and thunders patrolling here in karachi and sea for hours...
High Mark 2016 janab.
you know about the exercises already. There are planes flying out of shorkot as well and over fsd too. All part of a pre planned exercise.
Are you trying to keep them on their toes? :P

Lets keep in mind what the purpose of the strips is. It is to give a point defence fighter, which has shorter endurance in the air, temporary facilities for refueling and arming. Technically, all PAF aircraft, including the C-130 can land and take off from these motorway strips, but aircraft like the F-16 and JF-17 have sufficient endurance to fly from rear bases so the PAF command may not feel the need to clutter these makeshift facilities with multiple types and sqns. If you are making a make shift base, you also need to think about logistics, spares, weapons for each type to be serviced. So lots of considerations go into this.
I think we have seen JF17 Land there. Will try to look it up and confirm

I am aware of that interview. Anyone (including Indians living in Islamabad) can see the afterburners of the F-16's and the direction they are headed. It is 100% common sense that in this tense environment, anything around Islamabad would cover Kashmir as its only a few minutes flight from there. The journalist didn't disclose anything that was against the national interests. There are plenty of aircraft flying around the Kashmiri border as that's where the current action is. So I don't understand what your point is....

My point is the intention of journalist concerned... i know he did not disclose any thing ... but was that his intention?? He described flares as balls of fire coming out of aircraft.... thats the extent of his military knowledge... so did he personally in his tiny little head know that he was nit dosclosing any thing ....
My guess is nope.. did he wait to cgeck with some one that should he be reporting this on an indian channel.... nope...

Here, just confirmed something with my Indian source. The Indian government has put a total ban on media to further cover Uri (from the ground or the area), similarly, no media outlet is allowed to report on anything happening near LOC or with regards to massive troop and IAF movement. Just one example of how media is a tool used by every government for her benefit.

Here, just confirmed something with my Indian source. The Indian government has put a total ban on media to further cover Uri (from the ground or the area), similarly, no media outlet is allowed to report on anything happening near LOC or with regards to massive troop and IAF movement. Just one example of how media is a tool used by every government for her benefit.
well that was all in the NEWS as well.
why you wasted energies getting this from the "source". :)

Back
Top Bottom