genmirajborgza786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Indian separatists 'surrendering'
By Subir Bhaumik
BBC News, Calcutta

A number of separatist rebels from two states in the north-east of India are surrendering and handing themselves over to the authorities, police say.

They say that 46 rebels surrendered in the state of Assam on Tuesday allegedly because they were "tired with fighting underground" for years.

Another 28 separatists surrendered in the state of Tripura on Sunday.

Security officials say that the rebels are possibly demoralised by a loss of bases in neighbouring Bangladesh.

Serial explosions

Assam's police chief GM Srivastava said: "Bangladesh's new government... has sent out a clear message that the presence of anti-Indian separatist forces will not be tolerated.

"That is why perhaps these rebels are fleeing into India and giving up arms because without the safe sanctuaries in Bangladesh, they cannot hold out against our forces for a long time."

Police say that on Tuesday, 42 rebels of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) and four from the United Liberation Front of Assam (Ulfa) surrendered in the state's western district of Baksa.

"We are tired of fighting and killing our own people," said the NDFB's Charan Basumatary after the surrender.

Police say the NDFB and Ulfa were responsible for a number of explosions in Assam last October in which nearly 100 people were killed.

The National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) rebels who surrendered in Tripura on Sunday said they had left their bases in Bangladesh in early December.

India has long alleged that a number of north-eastern separatist groups have bases in Bangladesh - a charge Dhaka has usually denied.

Story from BBC NEWS:
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Indian separatists 'surrendering'

Published: 2009/01/13 12:13:12 GMT

© BBC MMIX

Print Sponsor

Hey a very good news..!!!! I hope good sense continue to prevail and we all live togehter like a one big happy family..!!!!!:enjoy:

Agreed that this helps India. But why do some people think its anti-Bd?

Indian separatists 'surrendering'
By Subir Bhaumik
BBC News, Calcutta

A number of separatist rebels from two states in the north-east of India are surrendering and handing themselves over to the authorities, police say.

They say that 46 rebels surrendered in the state of Assam on Tuesday allegedly because they were "tired with fighting underground" for years.

Another 28 separatists surrendered in the state of Tripura on Sunday.

Security officials say that the rebels are possibly demoralised by a loss of bases in neighbouring Bangladesh.

Serial explosions

Assam's police chief GM Srivastava said: "Bangladesh's new government... has sent out a clear message that the presence of anti-Indian separatist forces will not be tolerated.

"That is why perhaps these rebels are fleeing into India and giving up arms because without the safe sanctuaries in Bangladesh, they cannot hold out against our forces for a long time."

Police say that on Tuesday, 42 rebels of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) and four from the United Liberation Front of Assam (Ulfa) surrendered in the state's western district of Baksa.

"We are tired of fighting and killing our own people," said the NDFB's Charan Basumatary after the surrender.

Police say the NDFB and Ulfa were responsible for a number of explosions in Assam last October in which nearly 100 people were killed.

The National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) rebels who surrendered in Tripura on Sunday said they had left their bases in Bangladesh in early December.

India has long alleged that a number of north-eastern separatist groups have bases in Bangladesh - a charge Dhaka has usually denied.

Story from BBC NEWS:
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Indian separatists 'surrendering'

Published: 2009/01/13 12:13:12 GMT

© BBC MMIX

Print Sponsor

What the hell she do? She just came to power week ago. She didn't evan done zip yet and over excited indian giving her credit to make the dalal Hasina happy.

So, all along BD has been a hiding place for all these terrorists. Good that AL came to power.

No major offensive against terrorists were taken by BD law enforcers yet.It is good that these insurgents surrendered.

It is not anti-BD,instead allowing these insurgents into BD territory is anti-BD.Who knows they might start a movement here.

But the thing I and BD people will dislike is the fact if any Indian troops enter into BD with the excuse of annihilating terrorists.It will not be tolerated.

No major offensive against terrorists were taken by BD law enforcers yet.It is good that these insurgents surrendered.

It is not anti-BD,instead allowing these insurgents into BD territory is anti-BD.Who knows they might start a movement here.

But the thing I and BD people will dislike is the fact if any Indian troops enter into BD with the excuse of annihilating terrorists.It will not be tolerated.

Bhai jaan, this is Indian plan for all along. Why do you think she want create SA task force? Once indian solder find a way to put their Na-pak feet in BD soil in the name of tackling terrorism than sovereignty will disappear and our way of living will vanish. Now you tell me what are the option here????

Bhai jaan, this is Indian plan for all along. Why do you think she want create SA task force? Once indian solder find a way to put their Na-pak feet in BD soil in the name of tackling terrorism than sovereignty will disappear and our way of living will vanish. Now you tell me what are the option here????

Let's hope that does not happen.It all depends how our army behaves.

Why should India send her army into BD if BD does not let it used against India. Are we fools ? We already have so many other problems at hand. Don't look at everything through colored glasses. What do we gain by sending army to BD ? Don't stretch your imaginations.

RK

The real agenda of Task force is still not confirmed.If it also includes SAARC countries and acts as Interpole,then nothing to worry about.But if it means Indian troops can conduct operation into BD territory,then its just not DONE.:tsk:

India also has to stop giving shelter to BD terrorists.That's the primary point.:police:

One thing for sure is that Indian media exaggerates facts.If you only read their reports then you will feel BD is full of terrorists,that's not the case.I am not talking about this report.I am talking about in general,to which I think our Indian friends will also agree.:agree:

Back
Top Bottom