What's new

Hasina & her pro India policy at work !

Why should India send her army into BD if BD does not let it used against India. Are we fools ? We already have so many other problems at hand. Don't look at everything through colored glasses. What do we gain by sending army to BD ? Don't stretch your imaginations.

RK

Sending a number of companies of soldier
and sending a whole army is completely different.

Instead,India can provide us with intelligence and we can conduct the drives.That is better and within everyone's liking I guess.

The real agenda of Task force is still not confirmed.If it also includes SAARC countries and acts as Interpole,then nothing to worry about.But if it means Indian troops can conduct operation into BD territory,then its just not DONE.:tsk:

India also has to stop giving shelter to BD terrorists.That's the primary point.:police:

One thing for sure is that Indian media exaggerates facts.If you only read their reports then you will feel BD is full of terrorists,that's not the case.I am not talking about this report.I am talking about in general,to which I think our Indian friends will also agree.:agree:

I am so lossst here... Why the army needs any cross border operation??? Except Bhuta and Nepal, all other countries already have fairly strong army. All here needed a platform where intelligence can be shared, or information can be passed quick and expertise and training could be shared. Also there should be a mechanism of extraditing any criminals and put them behind bar. Its like how Isarael and other western allies works together. We can learn from them even though they are our enemies. There might be some joint commando operation if at all required.

But the thing I and BD people will dislike is the fact if any Indian troops enter into BD with the excuse of annihilating terrorists.It will not be tolerated.

Why not? There can always be joint operations, if BD government agrees of course.

will India let BD troops inside India for joint ops?no.No we better do our own stuff ;fix our own house by ourselves.we were assisted greatly by the Indians in our liberation and I think frankly that is enough.

Hey a very good news..!!!! I hope good sense continue to prevail and we all live togehter like a one big happy family..!!!!!

ahhh I concur with Zakir.To you your house and to me mine.Co existing side by side peacefully.That's what I prefer.

about that SATF it's South Asian.Not BD-Indo.Therefore I guess all the nations on the subcontinent including Pakistan have to be involved.More like intelligence sharing and allowing movement within the region of law enforcement officials from all the countries.Nothing beyond that I hope.

will India let BD troops inside India for joint ops?
I think they already did by offering co-ordinated patrolling across the border which may permit both side to cross the border..

I think they already did by offering co-ordinated patrolling across the border which may permit both side to cross the border..

First, co-ordinated patrolling is not same as permitting troops on another country. Such patrolling only confine to border area.

Second, if co-ordinated patrol serving the purpose why the indian pushing for indian troop activity inside Bangladesh in name of SA task force???

These is oxymoronic.

Reality, SA task force is detrimental to our sovereignty and strategic implication will be far beyond terror hoax.

For people who see Bangladesh independence through indian hegemonic control, this is welcome dictate. But for majority Bangladeshis few more traitors working for indian cause.

Education gets billions in Hasina's first decision Tue, Jan 13th, 2009 10:11 pm BdST

Dhaka, Jan 13 (bdnews24.com) – In her first meeting as ECNEC chair, Sheikh Hasina has cleared three development projects, giving nearly Tk 680 crore to public universities and Tk 170 crore to dredge rivers.

The executive committee of national economic council on Tuesday approved of these projects in a meeting that heard the prime minister order all that the pace of development projects be quickened.

The first six months of the current fiscal has seen just 24 per cent of annual development programme (ADP) implemented, which worries the new government leaders.

"The prime minister has asked us to employ all our resources to expedite the ADP implementation," planning minister A K Khandaker told reporters after the meeting.

"She's instructed us to reach 85-90 percent by the end of the year," the minister said and added that the second six months had always showed better results in project implementation.

Of the three projects, two are new.

Public universities will get Tk 444 crore under one new project.

In a revised project, a further Tk 233 crore will be spent on improving quality of education and infrastructure in public universities.

The shipping and inland water transport ministry will get Tk 170 crore to buy two dredgers, crane boats, crew-houseboat, tugboat and relevant logistics.

The minister said the ECNEC would now meet every Tuesday to help quicker ADP implementation.

The government will attach priority to the

Agriculture will get top priority, followed by infrastructure, power, gas and other socio-economic projects, Khandaker said.

The Tk 26,000 crore ADP of the current fiscal year includes 904 projects, said planning secretary Zafar Ahmed Chowdhury.

Finance minister AMA Muhit, agriculture minister Motia Chowdhury and a number other ministers, state ministers and secretaries were present at the meeting.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats the way it supposed to be since independence

Bangladesh plans ambitious new urea plants
Tue, Jan 13th, 2009 11:07 pm BdST

Dhaka, Jan 13 (bdnews24.com) – The government will spend tens of billions of takas to build two new fertiliser plants and overhaul the old ones in a bid to reduce dependence on urea imports, officials say.

A senior official said after a meeting with industries minister Dilip Barua on Tuesday that all six existing urea plants will be overhauled at a cost of Tk 2800 crore in less than four years.

"The BCIC will spend nearly Tk 2000 crore of its own and get another Tk 800 crore from government to overhaul the plants by 2012," BCIC chairman Mukhlesur Rahman said.

"We expect the plants to yield up to 85-90 percent of their capacity, giving an annual output of 19 lakh metric tonnes," the official said.

"All six urea fertiliser plants are worn out, the newest being 19 years old. The plants have become nearly ineffective for lack of renovation," he told the minister.

The two new factories will each cost between Tk 5000 crore and Tk 6000 crore, the chairman said.

The BCIC chairman said the 5.77-lakh-MT-capacity North West Fertiliser Company, one of the proposed new plants, will be set up at Saidabad in Sirajganj. The Chinese EXIM Bank has agreed to fund the project at a low cost, he said.

A second, similar capacity plant has been planned, expanding the existing Natural Gas Fertiliser Factory at Fenchuganj, Sylhet. The new company will be named Shahjalal Fertiliser Company.

Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation, which owns and manages all state fertiliser plants, also part-owns export-oriented KAFCO, managed by its foreign owners.

This year, the BCIC factories are forecast to produce 14 lakh MTs of urea, while Bangladesh will require 28 lakh MTs.

Five lakh MTs will come from KAFCO and the rest from costly imports, the chairman said.

The chairman said the caretaker government's decision to reduce urea subsidy helped the BCIC become self-reliant.

Lets hope she can do this without bankrupting the economy. She has now halved fertilizer prices also.

Lets hope she can do this without bankrupting the economy. She has now halved fertilizer prices also.

Yes everybody needs to keep an eye on that, no matter how fine those projects are... If I were her, I would rather import those fertilizer. These factories swallow Gas like elephant... and not much employment generation either...

She needs to do things at a sustained pace. If she tries to do too much too soon there will be havoc next year when there will not be enough money to import anything. Hopefully she and her finance minister know what they are doing.

Our foreign reserves have to be above $6 billion to be in a comfortable position. If it goes too far below that number then BD is in serious trouble.

Sending a number of companies of soldier
and sending a whole army is completely different.

Instead,India can provide us with intelligence and we can conduct the drives.That is better and within everyone's liking I guess.

Hey absolutely..!!! India cannot and can't send any troops to any forgein sovergien country unless and until it ask us..!Bangladeshi army is strong enough to root out terrorists.. and proper inteligence sharing should happen between the two countries..!!!!

She also needs to look out for other income generating source.. Opening up CHT port??? Or is it too early?

Constructing a Deep Sea Port and a multipurpose port can be partly financed through foreign investment but BD will need to make significant infrastructure investments also. I hope it has the money by then.

Back
Top Bottom