What's new

'Has UAE lost it?' Emirati plan to award Modi amid Kashmir crackdown lambasted

You are ultimately correct.

But its a sad state of affairs for the muslim people whether we are talking about UAE or Bangladesh or whoever.

We are doing this to ourselves.

Of course, you are right. But, stark materialism is destructing ideals, whether religious or nonreligious, in all spheres of life. My advice, you quoted, is under this compulsion, not that I like it.

UAE sees Gwadar as a competition if it ever become a booming port. The Shiekhs are running out of oil and are trying to diversify their economy but seeing a new kid on block is making them think of their granddaddies and their suffering wondering around in the desert half naked.

This one is from Saudia

main-qimg-c4b7e1839faea1ae04b338d93fc37042.webp

KSA is sane. KSA at least holds us in consideration but the UAE city states are not our friends. Not one bit.

The UAE is doing Pak’s job!!! If Modi isn’t to be awarded then who ever will???? Which Indian leader has done more for Pak than Mod?!?! Moreover, the UAE is the place where the “rich and famous” of India perk their wealth, mistresses etc....

But..since when this Modi visit was planned?.. that is the real question..

Gawadar Port will forever remain a challenge for Dubai's port. UAE will do whats in their best interests, the concept of "Muslim Ummah" doesn't exist anymore, Instead of God its Cash they trust.
Gwadar port is not rival of the Dubai port in anyway. Rather these two ports will complement each other i.e. their trade activity and business will help each other.

But..since when this Modi visit was planned?.. that is the real question..
Yes, visits and awards never get postponed or canceled. It never happened and will never happen regardless of the circumstance changes.

I think he is seriously sarcastic.
Anyways, the business relations arabs have with india and the workforce working there, rather than using it as a leverage to make india listen, its odd that it is presented as an excuse to not say anything to them orelse they would mind and leave with there workforce and businesses.
Sardonic even.

UAE is acting ott like a weird spoilt brat. Just because Pakistani troops aren't fighting UAE's war, no need for UAE to retaliate and damage a decades old friendship in this way. 30 years back this would never have happened. Pakistan is equally to blame though for sitting idly by while Indians flooded the middle east and damaged our interests there. No point whining about all this now. We should have been proactive, not reactive.

Gawadar Port will forever remain a challenge for Dubai's port. UAE will do whats in their best interests, the concept of "Muslim Ummah" doesn't exist anymore, Instead of God its Cash they trust.

Are you for real? on what basis you compare Gawadar with Dubai?
UAE has announced investments in Gawadar, besides their existing investments in Pakistan!
Don't loose your senses over a simple news of medal, what matters is money which is flowing from UAE ot Pakistan.

@Khafee wasn't it Iran, who was running sabotage network for Gawadar? Why Iran claimed Uzair Baloch their own citizen? What were the confessions of Uzair Baloch and Kulbhoshan!

'Has UAE lost it?' Emirati plan to award Modi amid Kashmir crackdown lambasted
Nadda Osman
Published date: 21 August 2019 11:24 UTC | Last update: 18 hours 44 min ago
3.2kShares
facebook.svg

twitter.svg

whatsapp.svg

messenger.svg

email.svg

sharethis.svg

The United Arab Emirates' plan to award Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi with its highest civilian honour as his government cracks down on Kashmir has unleashed a storm of criticism.

Modi is set to visit the UAE on Friday and he will then travel on to Bahrain.

His visit comes as he faces international pressure for placing seven million Kashmiris under draconian restrictions and detaining thousands in an attempt to place the territory under total Indian rule.

Despite the Indian government's violent attempts to annex Kashmir, putting the demographics of the Muslim-majority territory at risk, Abu Dhabi has seen fit to hand Modi the Order of Zayed when he touches down.

The juxtaposition of honouring the Indian premier as his government is accused of atrocities has not been lost on social media users, however.

UAE to give Modi highest civilian award: report.
Has UAE lost it? After what is happening in Kashmir? https://t.co/JgXSyiqCRF

— Farahnaz Zahidi (@FarahnazZahidi) August 20, 2019
Earlier this month the Indian government suddenly locked down Kashmir, enforcing a communications blackout, state-wide curfew and shutdown of the press.

Thousands of people, including politicians both critical and supportive of Modi's Hindu nationalist government, have been subjected to house raids and arrests.

Yet another blow for Kashmiris, where is our government? Has it voiced the sentiments of Kashmiris? Has it shown videos of brutal atrocities being committed by Modi in Kashmir to the rulers of UAE?https://t.co/fiV7MVsomV

— Ahsan Iqbal (@BetterPakistan) August 20, 2019
Online, people are lambasting Muslim-majority countries, particularly in the Middle East, for remaining mostly silent on the crackdown.

The muted response has been attributed to the Gulf Arab countries' $100bn in annual trade with India, making New Delhi an important economic partner.

The award was first announced in April, when Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohammed bin Zayed revealed it was being handed to the Indian premier for boosting relations.

We have historical and comprehensive strategic ties with India, reinforced by the pivotal role of my dear friend, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who gave these relations a big boost. In appreciation of his efforts, the UAE President grants him the Zayed Medal.

— محمد بن زايد (@MohamedBinZayed) April 4, 2019
In response, British Labour MP Naz Shah wrote a letter to Mohammed bin Zayed urging him to reconsider honouring Modi.

“Modi has placed the people of Jammu and Kashmir into a complete lockdown for the last 15 days, with the shutdown of telecommunications, internet and other sources of communications,” she wrote.

“To grant such recognition to an individual who is oppressing the Kashmiri people in the name of Sheikh Zayed, not only questions the value of this previously prestigious title, misrepresents his legacy but also forces the world to debate the nature of your moral conscious”

UAE to give Modi highest civilian Award.
Shame Shame Shame #UAEpic.twitter.com/my4ZQhkB6T

— fouzia shafiq (@fouzi_s) August 21, 2019
This is adding insult to injury. Why UAE ? Why ?

UAE to give Modi highest civilian award: report https://t.co/EqfAlZsKtH

— Noreen Haider (@Madadgar) August 19, 2019
Modi will become the first Indian prime minister to visit Bahrain when he travels on to Manama.

Indians make up one of the largest expatriate communities in Bahrain, with estimates suggesting that up to 350,000 live in the island kingdom.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/uae-criticised-plans-award-modi-amid-crackdown-kashmir

Even if the medal is really awarded but please post link from credible source... just imagine if there was no award, what will be the respect of defence.pk officials!

And it's likely the other half is going to remain with India forever unless Kashmiris can become independent. So what do you guys want for Kashmir exactly? If the article removal was reversed would that be enough? It's unlikely any nation's will cut ties with India unless they go bezerk and attack Pakistani controlled Kashmir and try making it part of India.

Israel sahi tum logon ko roz zaleel karta hai

Muslims should not be guided by interests only. However, we need to be realistic and proportionate about our approach. Kashmir is disputed and already fairly divided. Unless you believe Kashmir should be independent country. Which I don't think you do. You want Pakistan to be in control of it all. And you are going to have a hard time convincing people to boycott India or go to war with India because of that. Most nation's see as one part for India and one for Pakistan and see it as settled. So best best approach is to push for independence of Kashmir.

But if you just want the other part for Pakistan as well then I don't see anyone helping you unless you , Chinese,Afghanis and Iranians all unite on issue to liberate Kashmir.

So if immediate concern is reversal of article removal then I agree much diplomatic measures must be taken. But if concern is going to war because you want the other half there's no way you will get support for that. You have an independet country and part of Kashmir already. I don't see why you need the other half. Our role as Muslims to oversee Kashmiris under Indian rule and make sure they are given rights and autonomy like status.

Baatain suno is ki. IDF sahi marti hai in ko

Yeh isi qabil hain @M. Sarmad @PakSword @war&peace

Muslims should not be guided by interests only. However, we need to be realistic and proportionate about our approach. Kashmir is disputed and already fairly divided. Unless you believe Kashmir should be independent country. Which I don't think you do. You want Pakistan to be in control of it all. And you are going to have a hard time convincing people to boycott India or go to war with India because of that. Most nation's see as one part for India and one for Pakistan and see it as settled. So best best approach is to push for independence of Kashmir.

But if you just want the other part for Pakistan as well then I don't see anyone helping you unless you , Chinese,Afghanis and Iranians all unite on issue to liberate Kashmir.

So if immediate concern is reversal of article removal then I agree much diplomatic measures must be taken. But if concern is going to war because you want the other half there's no way you will get support for that. You have an independet country and part of Kashmir already. I don't see why you need the other half. Our role as Muslims to oversee Kashmiris under Indian rule and make sure they are given rights and autonomy like status.
With mentality like yours, no wonder Palestine is in such a mess and I say that with a lot of pain. BTW, should Pakistan act in her national interest and recognise Israel and open its embassy in Jerusalem?

Israel sahi tum logon ko roz zaleel karta hai

Baatain suno is ki. IDF sahi marti hai in ko

Yeh isi qabil hain @M. Sarmad @PakSword @war&peace

With mentality like yours, no wonder Palestine is in such a mess and I say that with a lot of pain. BTW, should Pakistan act in her national interest and recognise Israel and open its embassy in Jerusalem?

What did I say that was wrong sir? And what Pakistan does is none of my business nor do I have control over. I am a mere spectator that gives my opinions.

You can go ahead and give constructive feedback on my opinion but that no wonder Palestine this and that doesn't mean nothing to me. I've heard it a lot from many hyper nationalists on this forum from all backgrounds. It's not gonna stop me from being rational and saying the truth about things.

Come on guys UAE Dubai especially is a modern day sodom & gomorrow, the rulers open Hindu temples and invoke blessings from the idol on display . Modi is going to open another temple and praises for the idol will be said together with the rulers .

Lol at UAE so called Muslim rulers who drink gamble fornicate and rather pay for their cars upkeep then to pay charity to the poor .

Just last week a man in the crowd of a concert jumped on stage and kissed and rubbed he’s self up with a male British singer to loud cheers from Arab uae crowd and no condemnation from none

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/entertainment/matt-healy-1975-dubai-kiss-scli-gbr-intl/index.html

No one cares for Kashmiris other than Pakistanis , bangladeshi public and heck even Indians care more for their plight than UAE

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom