What's new

Has Pak. been sidelined by the Indo-Afgh. Strategic Agreement?

The end game is a ways still.

India recognizes the long term advantage it is going to be handed in Afghanistan, and will take every step to materialize it. Pakistan is already on the back foot.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Well, it laid the perfect foundation to hand over a few lasting aces to India, and then watch the water come to a boil slowly before the frog realizes it! :D

After the Yanks leave - the indians will have lost the poker game, we will be the masters of manipulation, there by hook or crock, all you Yankies can do then is cry.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

India recognizes the long term advantage it is going to be handed in Afghanistan, and will take every step to materialize it. Pakistan is already on the back foot.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Well, it laid the perfect foundation to hand over a few lasting aces to India, and then watch the water come to a boil slowly before the frog realizes it! :D

I always thought you had an indian background, thanks for confirming ;)

After the Yanks leave - the indians will have lost the poker game, we will be the masters of manipulation, there by hook or crock, all you Yankies can do then is cry.

I disagree. India will do everything to have Pakistan bogged down in Afghanistan to take pressure off Kashmir. It will be no cakewalk for Paksitan.

I always thought you had an indian background, thanks for confirming ;)

Actually, you would be wrong. Trust me. ;)

I disagree. India will do everything to have Pakistan bogged down in Afghanistan to take pressure off Kashmir. It will be no cakewalk for Paksitan.

Actually, you would be wrong. Trust me. ;)

Actually we hold all the cards, 80% of all Afghan food and grain comes from Pakistan - we have all the fulcrum in the world.

Actually we hold all the cards, 80% of all Afghan food and grain comes from Pakistan - we have all the fulcrum in the world.

That is a very good point, but creating a humanitarian disaster in Afghanistan only works to India's advantage. Does Pakistan want a few million more refugees? I think not.

Here from the horses mouth Mr Cheng

Afghanistan faces untenable war bill
BY DAVID ELLERY, DEFENCE REPORTER
25 Oct, 2011 04:00 AM

Afghanistan will not be able to afford to keep insurgents at bay once Western security forces pull out in 2014, a former US ambassador to the country says.
Karl Eikenberry, until earlier this year America's top diplomat in Afghanistan, said despite this the country's future now lay in the hands of its government and its people - not the West.

He said that after the drawdown of International Security Assistance Force troops in 2014, Afghanistan would have to meet an annual $7billion security bill out of yearly government revenues of about $2.5billion.

This was untenable and would result in either a request for continuing aid and military assistance or a rethink of the scale of the Afghan security forces and the way in which they were organised or both.

''There's a significant shortfall and that will be incumbent then upon the US and our allies and other countries to pay for those resource shortfalls,'' he said.

Mr Eikenberry has had a problematic relationship with the Government of Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

''President Karzai is not an adequate strategic partner,'' he wrote in a 2009 cable to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that was subsequently leaked to The New York Times.

Afghanistan faces untenable war bill - National News - National - General - The Canberra Times

The Taliban were not supposed to be handed back power, which they are. The Taliban was supposed to be dismantled (or weakened enough not to come back to power), as well as their affiliates so they wouldn't use Afghanistan for terrorism & be a threat to the region. The NATO & US Forces have effectively failed in their objectives. The end game has been reached, a timetable has been set, negotiations with the Taliban are taking place, the names of senior Taliban leaders have been taken off the UN blacklist, the Haqqanis aren't being declared a terrorist organization, & talks are going on with them as well. The US will withdraw most of its troops post 2014, & Afghanistan will get even worse.

How is Pakistan on the backfoot? This is how much control Karzai has over Afghanistan:

taliban_control_80.png

Even Iran has started holding talks with the Taliban, who they've conventionally hated. India is making a mistake by dealing with the mayor of Kabul.

This is what the media has to say about how Pakistan is on the backfoot:

Afghan endgame: As Americans retreat, India needs plan B - Rediff.com News

Pakistan holds the key to Afghanistan war - Telegraph

Here from the horses mouth Mr Cheng

Afghanistan faces untenable war bill
BY DAVID ELLERY, DEFENCE REPORTER
25 Oct, 2011 04:00 AM

..................... Afghanistan would have to meet an annual $7billion security bill out of yearly government revenues of about $2.5billion.

This was untenable and would result in either a request for continuing aid and military assistance or a rethink of the scale of the Afghan security forces and the way in which they were organised or both.

''There's a significant shortfall and that will be incumbent then upon the US and our allies and other countries to pay for those resource shortfalls,'' ....................................
Afghanistan faces untenable war bill - National News - National - General - The Canberra Times

So either the Afghan government will earn to become addicted to ongoing foreign aid (just like Pakistan), or the ongoing chaos will work to Pakistan's disadvantage. That is all.

How is Pakistan on the backfoot?...................... India is making a mistake by dealing with the mayor of Kabul.

India sees this a golden opportunity to create conditions that will lead to two fronts for Pakistan over the next decade. what will happen in large swathes of Pakistan is what Pakistan did in Kashmir and Punjab. Ain't payback a real b1t3h.

So either the Afghan government will earn to become addicted to ongoing foreign aid (just like Pakistan), or the ongoing chaos will work to Pakistan's disadvantage. That is all.

India sees this a golden opportunity to create conditions that will lead to two fronts for Pakistan over the next decade. what will happen in large swathes of Pakistan is what Pakistan did in Kashmir and Punjab. Ain't payback a real b1t3h.

indians always end up crying like you Mr Singh oops I meant cheng. It would be brilliant if india replaced Nato - in Afghanistan - it would be Eid and Christmas all in one, if that we're to happen. We would have a new playmate.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Totally killed it, Bilal, your giving poor Singh, I mean Cheng nightmares.

I doubt India has the necessary 'strategic resources' to use Afghanistan to wage a war inside Pakistan. India is quite frankly, a non-factor in Afghanistan. They have a presence in Afghanistan currently because of the foreign troops (US & NATO troops). When most of them leave in 2014, India will be left to the cleaners in Afghanistan. When they failed to defeat the Taliban using the Northern Alliance (when it was a formidable force) in the 90s, they cannot do anything post 2014. There is quite simply, no force that can defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan, & India will again be left stranded supporting the 'mayor of Kabul'.

I suggest you read this article a little carefully, it'll help clear some of your misconceptions:

I doubt India has the 'strategic resources' to use Afghanistan to wage a war inside Pakistan. India is quite frankly, a non-factor in Afghanistan. They have a presence in Afghanistan because of the foreign troops (US & NATO troops). When most of them leave, India is be left to the cleaners in Afghanistan. When they failed to defeat the Taliban using the Northern Alliance (when it was a formidable force) in the 90s, they cannot do anything post 2014. There is quite simply, no force that can defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan, & India will again be left stranded in Afghanistan.

I suggest you read this article a little carefully, it'll help clear some of your misconceptions:

Cheng has to realize the empire is dead, the Yanks can no longer afford their neo-colonial domination of the world.

indians always end up crying like you Mr Singh oops I meant cheng. It would be brilliant if india replaced Nato - in Afghanistan - it would be Eid and Christmas all in one, if that we're to happen. We would have a new playmate.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Totally killed it, Bilal, your giving poor Singh, I mean Cheng nightmares.

It is quite amusing to see you run out of logical counter-argument and resort to personal attacks. How predictable! :D

As you put it, India would definitely make every effort to achieve Eid and Christmas in one. Pakistan cannot afford to be complacent at this juncture, and chances are it will drop the ball yet again.

I doubt India has the 'strategic resources' to use Afghanistan to wage a war inside Pakistan. India is quite frankly, a non-factor in Afghanistan. They have a presence in Afghanistan because of the foreign troops (US & NATO troops). When most of them leave, India will be left to the cleaners in Afghanistan. When they failed to defeat the Taliban using the Northern Alliance (when it was a formidable force) in the 90s, they cannot do anything post 2014. There is quite simply, no force that can defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan, & India will again be left stranded in Afghanistan.

2014 is 3 years away.. $hit load of stuff can happen in that much time... Plus, earlier it was supposed to be 2011,.. Innit?? Also the decision will really be left to the new govt in Washington, which I dont believe will be of Obama's.. So too many variables for the 2014 plan.. USA/NATO is not going to simply turn away from Afg this time around. Doing that last time caused them a boat load of pain.. They wont repeat the mistake...

I doubt India has the 'strategic resources' to use Afghanistan to wage a war inside Pakistan. India is quite frankly, a non-factor in Afghanistan. They have a presence in Afghanistan because of the foreign troops (US & NATO troops). When most of them leave, India will be left to the cleaners in Afghanistan. ....................

As if Pakistan has a lot of spare resources lying around to counter whatever India will surely try to invest!

Cheng has to realize the empire is dead, the Yanks can no longer afford their neo-colonial domination of the world.

I will be happy to admit it should that be the case. As things stand, the existing patterns of domination will continue for a few more decades still, at least.

Back
Top Bottom