What's new

Harvard predicts Pakistan GDP to grow by 5% over 10 years

it's 4.8% Now with Power Shortages. After we overcome it or even reduced it to quiet extent wouldn't it grows more? like 6% or 6.5% ???

this year agriculture sector not performed well because decrease of food stuff prices in international Market, like Wheat, cotton, sugar Etc.
if next Year if the prices will be stable then 5.5 to 6 is quite easily achievable.

i think you are right.

Real GDP Growth= Annual GDP Growth- Population Growth

= 4.7-1.6
= 3.1

So this how we calculate annual GDP??

So that mean in 2012 it was 3.2

= 3.2-1.6
=1.6?? So Pakistan Grew 1.6 in 2012 :what:
:what::what::what::what:

Famous saying here nowadays is:

"Sab kuch theek chal raha tha aur phir.........jamhooriat aa gayi".

Many Pakistanis have notoriously short memories. Give them 7-8 years under a military dictator and they will be out on the streets again demanding democracy again. This constant switching between dictatorship and democracy has stagnated the nation completely. Are politicians corrupt? They sure are, but there is no guarantee military rulers aren't either. Word is in the air that Kiyani through his brother has been engaged in massive corruption in DHA Lahore. You can of course be lucky and maybe get a decent dictator but a basic maxim of politics that any first year student of politics will learn is, " absolute power corrupts". With elected N League in power at least there is an assurity that PTI and sometimes other opposition parties too, will keep the government on its toes. Try doing that with a military dictator. Odds are you will end up in jail or of course completely dissapear from the face of this earth.

Many Pakistanis have notoriously short memories. Give them 7-8 years under a military dictator and they will be out on the streets again demanding democracy again.
Thats why i m myself serious advocate of the cause that military rule shud not come in Pakistan (even though my inner Pakistani sense keeps on twinkling me for that to happen) as it always ends in some disaster. As a matter of fact last time military rule ended with the biggest disaster of all named Zardari and his govt.

There is a flaw in your argument. 10% or 9% growth achieved only for 1 year cannot be the real benchmark.

The growth rates under military rule was between 7%-10% which is very decent.

Thank you for the list of tasks @Thəorətic Muslim

Why not introduce online voting. Majority of Pakistanis have mobile phones and registered SIM cards. Make use of this data and issue votes online. This will reduce the amount of money spent on elections as well as if proper cyber security is employed will be a much cleaner system? This system can be employed in stages by using it for online surveys to make people get use to it at first....

1.Freeze all land sales to establish who has ownership of said land.
a. Taxation on land of more than 130+ acres of land.
b. Taxation of more than 125+ acres of arable land.2. Agriculture tax.
a. On crop yields on 30+ acres.3. Land Distribution.
a. Distribution of arable land above 135 acres held by 1 family.
i. Preferably to someone who had been tilting it for past years.
Please elaborate on this. Why tax on 130+ acres and what type of taxation?

Public Execution.
a. Terrorists, no prison terms.
b. Traitors, no prison terms.
c. Corrupt Judiciary, no prison terms.
Public execution is fine but how to achieve it with a weak/corrupt judiciary and police.

Last edited:
it was over 7% in 2005
so its not about power shortages its about structure. yes power shortages takes a percent of the economy
there was no power shortage in 2007 like what we are facing these days, it all started when ppp came into power in 2007-2008.

The growth rates under military rule was between 7%-10% which is very decent.

All due to consumer spending. Nothing industrial. Military rule has been a bane for Pakistan, but unfortunately for the Pakistani people, democratic rule has f*cked them in the *** so much, that they've forgotten the past.

there was no power shortage in 2007 like what we are facing these days, it all started when ppp came into power in 2007-2008.
i know this guy messed up your country
2qa_4Z.gif

So this how we calculate annual GDP??

So that mean in 2012 it was 3.2

= 3.2-1.6
=1.6?? So Pakistan Grew 1.6 in 2012 :what:
:what::what::what::what:

Dude is not good with economics :D What he has done is calculate approximate increase in real per capita income.

Real GDP growth = Nominal GDP growth - inflation

More so GDP growth rate is always measured in terms of real GDP growth rate.

Kaam to kuch kia nahi hoga kesi ne : @
Pakistan khud apne ap ko chalata hai

Back
Top Bottom