What's new

Hardees's new ads in Pakistan

Why you were mocking even conservatives ? when you do not h ave stomach to tolerate any mocking about liberals?

Who gave you the right to accuse them of mistreating their family members? that too without a proof.

conservatives have te right to air their concern as much as liberals have right to air their's :)

First you accuse me of mocking Islam...where I brutally put you down because you had no foundation for that claim. Now you're conveniently trying to steer the argument instead of acknowledging that you made a mistake and move on. However unfortunately you're continuing to make useless and baseless statements.

Can you please show me where I have "no-stomach" to tolerate the mocking about liberals? Really...show me one post or proof where I have said don't mock liberals...don't do this....don't do that. Who the hell are you to question me whether I should mock conservatives? Go on...mock the liberals and what not...no one cares. Stop being self-righteous and for the love of whoever is the most beloved to you....stop and think before you post rather than posting on impulse.

First you accuse me of mocking Islam...where I brutally put you down because you had no foundation for that claim. Now you're conveniently trying to steer the argument instead of acknowledging that you made a mistake and move on. However unfortunately you're continuing to make useless and baseless statements.

Can you please show me where I have "no-stomach" to tolerate the mocking about liberals? Really...show me one post or proof where I have said don't mock liberals...don't do this....don't do that. Who the hell are you to question me whether I should mock conservatives? Go on...mock the liberals and what not...no one cares. Stop being self-righteous and for the love of whoever is the most beloved to you....stop and think before you post rather than posting on impulse.

i don't need to mock the liberals. Zarvan was airing his views and you were missing a stomach to tolerate a different view,different than yours and you came with bringing madrassas and all that and then you said the conservatives do that and this.

anyway who is most beloved to me or not that is not your headache none of your business.

anyway this ad is in bad taste when it comes to respect for women. for me there is no religious side to this. Period

:lol: these do not look like testicles to me so NO these are not gender neutral

Please do not think it forward of me to say this, but the last time I read Human Anatomy, both males and females had buns a.k.a buttocks. So yes, the buns are pretty gender neutral. :D

They just asked for big big trouble. This is most stupid move now I know why KFC and MacDonald's are far more successful than these guys.
Zarvan Bhai Jaan, Ghussa Janay do & enjoy the Hot. Soft, Tender BUN......................................Hardees Buns :D

Actually, i once did that with my friends over a women's wear ad when we were high. The next day someone said 'Islamic fascism is rising'
LMAO

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again
KALBE ALI — UPDATED about 4 hours ago

55aee98384714.jpg

Photographs of models on these billboards in an Islamabad market have been defaced. — Photos by Ishaque Chaudhry

ISLAMABAD: Are they back – the moral brigades that blackened the faces of women on advertisement boards in 2007?

At least that is what people feared when they found bared arms and faces of models on billboards defaced in Super Market during Eid shopping spree.

Nobody saw who did it but thoughts went back to religious activists, mainly seminary students, who did the same during the Lal Masjid-inspired heady ‘islah’ (reform) campaign in the federal capital eight years ago.

However, like then, neither the advertisers nor their clients have felt reporting the vandalism to the police or the Capital Development Authority (CDA).

But privately, and guardedly, many have expressed despair at the possible return of the moral brigades.

“I cannot understand what anybody will gain by causing loss to me,” said Sohail Shah, the advertiser of two of the three billboards disfigured at the Super Market.

“It will cost me Rs10,000 to change the smeared reflector screen,” he added. “Insurance is not available against vandalism and charging clients would be unreasonable and damaging to my business.”

Sobia Amir, the owner of a salon, said her ‘well-wishers’ blamed the act on right-wing students, but felt “not much can be done about it.”

55aee9941b985.jpg

Photographs of models on these billboards in an Islamabad market have been defaced. — Photos by Ishaque Chaudhry

Like most business persons of the city, she was reluctant to dwell any further on the subject out of fear of “firebrand clerics.”

Because the billboards were disfigured in the vicinity of a girls’ college, a cloth merchant of Super Market said, “it is possible that by striking in the heart of the city at the dead of night the vandals wanted wider coverage to their message.”

The owner of a shopping plaza, Iskander Khan, observed that madressah students indulge in such “hooliganism” to try to enforce the attire their teachers consider proper for women.

“Islamabad has no culture of hooliganism. Such incidents are rare and young Taliban are usually behind them in an effort to enforce their sharia on us,” he said, tracing the incidents to the street marches by the “female brigades” of Lal Masjid in 2007.

“We all remember the mild harassment students of big and small seminaries in F-7, F-6 and E-7 resorted to, armed with sticks, in various city markets that year,” recalled Muzamil Sabri, the president of Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

He said the ICCI felt concerned at the loss individual advertisers have suffered but more so for the fear syndrome that the incidents portend for the business environment in the city.

55aee9c571c2f.jpg

“They don’t seem to be as belligerent this time though, as the defacing (of the advertisements) took place in the dark of night,” he added.

Perhaps the last such act in the city was reported in F-10 area in 2012.

Unlike in the past, the vandals did not leave behind such messages in their latest act of hooliganism as “fahashi, bayhayi band karo” (stop vulgarity, immorality).”

Members of the business community feel the authorities need to take notice of this practice before it spreads. “Our union leaders should take it up with them and the police,” said a businessman in Super Market who too did not wish to be named.

“Madressah students live in a different world. We don’t want to engage them,” he said. “But the police can request their teachers to restrain them from uncivil behaviour.”

An officer of the Kohsar police station, on the other hand, said, “We don’t act on our own but on an FIR which only people who feel hurt by an action can lodge.”

Although he acknowledged that “religious elements are usually behind such incidents”, he said people avoid registering an FIR against them.

When Dawn contacted the managements of Jamia Fareedia in E-7, Jamia Muhammadia F-6, Taleemul Quran F-7 and another seminary in F-6, all refused to comment, saying “the relevant persons” were away on Eid holidays.

However, an official of a small seminary in F-6 shot back at the query regarding the defacing: “Do you want to see Muslim women in such a state? There should be a ban on such nakedness because it is a conspiracy of the West against Islam.”

Published in Dawn, July 22nd, 2015

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again
KALBE ALI — UPDATED about 4 hours ago

55aee98384714.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Are they back – the moral brigades that blackened the faces of women on advertisement boards in 2007?

At least that is what people feared when they found bared arms and faces of models on billboards defaced in Super Market during Eid shopping spree.

Nobody saw who did it but thoughts went back to religious activists, mainly seminary students, who did the same during the Lal Masjid-inspired heady ‘islah’ (reform) campaign in the federal capital eight years ago.

However, like then, neither the advertisers nor their clients have felt reporting the vandalism to the police or the Capital Development Authority (CDA).

But privately, and guardedly, many have expressed despair at the possible return of the moral brigades.

“I cannot understand what anybody will gain by causing loss to me,” said Sohail Shah, the advertiser of two of the three billboards disfigured at the Super Market.

“It will cost me Rs10,000 to change the smeared reflector screen,” he added. “Insurance is not available against vandalism and charging clients would be unreasonable and damaging to my business.”

Sobia Amir, the owner of a salon, said her ‘well-wishers’ blamed the act on right-wing students, but felt “not much can be done about it.”

55aee9941b985.jpg

Like most business persons of the city, she was reluctant to dwell any further on the subject out of fear of “firebrand clerics.”

Because the billboards were disfigured in the vicinity of a girls’ college, a cloth merchant of Super Market said, “it is possible that by striking in the heart of the city at the dead of night the vandals wanted wider coverage to their message.”

The owner of a shopping plaza, Iskander Khan, observed that madressah students indulge in such “hooliganism” to try to enforce the attire their teachers consider proper for women.

“Islamabad has no culture of hooliganism. Such incidents are rare and young Taliban are usually behind them in an effort to enforce their sharia on us,” he said, tracing the incidents to the street marches by the “female brigades” of Lal Masjid in 2007.

“We all remember the mild harassment students of big and small seminaries in F-7, F-6 and E-7 resorted to, armed with sticks, in various city markets that year,” recalled Muzamil Sabri, the president of Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

He said the ICCI felt concerned at the loss individual advertisers have suffered but more so for the fear syndrome that the incidents portend for the business environment in the city.

55aee9c571c2f.jpg

“They don’t seem to be as belligerent this time though, as the defacing (of the advertisements) took place in the dark of night,” he added.

Perhaps the last such act in the city was reported in F-10 area in 2012.

Unlike in the past, the vandals did not leave behind such messages in their latest act of hooliganism as “fahashi, bayhayi band karo” (stop vulgarity, immorality).”

Members of the business community feel the authorities need to take notice of this practice before it spreads. “Our union leaders should take it up with them and the police,” said a businessman in Super Market who too did not wish to be named.

“Madressah students live in a different world. We don’t want to engage them,” he said. “But the police can request their teachers to restrain them from uncivil behaviour.”

An officer of the Kohsar police station, on the other hand, said, “We don’t act on our own but on an FIR which only people who feel hurt by an action can lodge.”

Although he acknowledged that “religious elements are usually behind such incidents”, he said people avoid registering an FIR against them.

When Dawn contacted the managements of Jamia Fareedia in E-7, Jamia Muhammadia F-6, Taleemul Quran F-7 and another seminary in F-6, all refused to comment, saying “the relevant persons” were away on Eid holidays.

However, an official of a small seminary in F-6 shot back at the query regarding the defacing: “Do you want to see Muslim women in such a state? There should be a ban on such nakedness because it is a conspiracy of the West against Islam.”

Published in Dawn, July 22nd, 2015

Okay this definitely wasn't me.

Back
Top Bottom